Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeethanjaliYour feedback matters!
My wife aged 30 years is taking Unwanted 21 contraceptive tablets regularly as per its course before having sex. So while having sex we are not using any other contraceptive methods like condoms etc.
I am trying to get a baby last month, my period date is august 9th. I miss my period this month today am checked (10 sep) pregnancy test in that I found negative so it almost 1 days from my missed period. what is the reason?
I have shown left ovary cyst of 25x25 mm. In my ultrasound report. I do not understand. What is it. Is it dangerous. Medicines are enough or should its oppression is available.
I am 32 weeks pregnant. My growth scan had a note saying: Distended fetal bladder with partial emptying noted. Bilateral minimal calyceal dilatation seen. What does it mean. Please help.
How many days we avoid sexual intercourse during pregnancy. Because my wife is pregnant from two months. We didn't do sex from one month. It effect me my mindset. I am romantic person by nature and want to do sex daily at least once. Bt it's hard for me to live without Doing sex. So please tell me how many days more we need to avoid sexual intercourse during this pregnancy period.
Hie. Recently me and my girlfriend had some sort of sex I didn't put my part into her part but just I rubbed. Does she could present I didn't split my orgasm on her part also. How do we know that she is pregnant or not. It's been a week since this happen. Please help with my question. When we have to use pregnancy test machine.
My age is 19 I have a dates problem can I involve in sex by using the condoms. By do this sex I can have a any problem please give me the solution to do sex or not.
Infertility is a condition where a couple, trying to conceive in a natural way is not able to do so even after one year of trying. So here are the causes and risks for this condition.
Causes: There are many causes of infertility. It may be due to a condition present in one or both partners. As per a medical study, 20% of the cases of infertility are due to males, while 40% to 50% cases are due to problems in the female partner. 30% of the cases suffer from infertility due to problems in both males and females. Ovulation and fertilisation are the main elements of the conception process and any condition in the female or male can upset either function, which can make it difficult to conceive.
While abnormal sperm production and transport may be a common condition that leads to infertility in males, other factors like side effects of cancer treatments and too much exposure to toxins and chemicals can also play an important role in this regard. For females, the causes of infertility may range from ovulation disorders, uterine and fibroid tumours, uterine and cervical anomalies.
Risks: There are a number of factors that put a male or a female at risk of infertility. Being in your mid 30s usually has an adverse effect on the ovulation and production of well functioning sperm. Further, smoking and tobacco are among the main causes of infertility in either partner.
Excessive alcohol consumption may also lead to this problem. Being overweight or underweight can also make a person infertile. Further, not getting enough exercise and routine activities out of your day, can lead to this condition as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Is it safe to have sex soon after the period and not get pregnant? My man ejaculated sperm inside my vagina. If it is unsafe could I please know the home remedy to conceiving.
I have pcod and had last period on 1 January 2017 so a week back started with Ayurvedic medicine (dashmolarisht, ashokarisht, rajahpravartani vati and string rasayan vati) from patanjali. Just took medicine for 7 days. Due to a small rupture in condom during intercourse should I take I-pill or just continue the Ayurvedic course and wait for medicine to show effects and get my periods.
Hello Dr, Heard of many do's n do not during pregnancy (books, net, drs etc). Bt can you please share some tips or advices or tests for a women planning to conceive? Wat she must include in her diet from pregnancy pt of view?
I and my girlfriend had some cuddling on 10 April. We touched each other's private parts, we didn't had sex. After that she got her periods on right time 20th April But this time she didn't got her periods yet Are there any chances of her getting pregnant?
Pregnancy me baby movement kitne week se start hota hain? Pregnancy me daily beetroot juice pena chahiye?
Hello sir I-pill tablet lene ke baad ladki ko bleeding hona compulsory he kya? Meri girlfriend ko I-pill lene ke baad kuch bhi nhi feel hua.
I have been trying to conceive for now almost one and half year. Three months back I changed my doctor&had my HSG which was clear and was prescribed OvigynDSR on regular basis and Clomiphene frm day 2 of cycle and folic acid tablets started 2 months back. Is it ok to take OvigynDSR in regular basis.
A phobia is an irrational and excessive fear of an object or situation, according to the American Psychiatric Association (APA). More often than not, phobia involves a sense of endangerment or a fear of harm. For example, somebody suffering from agoraphobia will dread being trapped in an inescapable place or situation.
Here, we discuss 10 most common phobias that people suffer from:
1. Agoraphobia: It is a phobia which is quite common. Almost 2 percent Americans are victims of agoraphobia. It is a fear of open or crowded spaces. It creates a vicious cycle and the sufferer gets panic attacks when nearing any event that necessitates facing such circumstances.
2. Acrophobia: It is a fear of heights. It is an irrational fear of heights or the fear of falling. Close to 10 percent people in the U.S. suffer from acrophobia. In severe cases, a victim may even suffer panic attacks.
3. Aerophobia: It is the fear of flying. Almost 6.5 percent of the world's population has this fear. This phobia is closely linked with agoraphobia and claustrophobia (fear of small and restricted spaces). In extreme cases, this may affect a person's professional and personal life when air travel becomes inevitable.
4. Mysophobia: It is a fear of germs. This fear is also akin to obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). A person may suffer from both these disorders at the same time. Sufferers often become isolated in mysophobia.
5. Claustrophobia: The fear of small spaces, this phobia is common as 5-7 percent of the world population suffers from claustrophobia. This phobia is related to fear of suffocation or the fear of restriction. Very few sufferers seek treatment in this phobia and majority of them go untreated.
6. Cynophobia: The fear of dogs is called cynophobia. Many people fear dogs and there is no harm in that. But cynophobia is an extreme and uncommon fear about dogs. It is one of the most common animal phobias in the world. It is estimated that about 36 percent of the sufferers seek treatment for cynophobia.
7. Trypophobia: It is the fear of holes. It sounds absurd to be afraid of holes, but for a trypophobe the mere sight of a hole is enough to press the panic button as he becomes quite restless and almost reaches on the verge of a collapse.
8. Astraphobia: The fear of thunder and lightning is called astraphobia. It is true that thunderstorm and lightning can make even the brave run for cover, but for an individual suffering from astraphobia, it is altogether a different case. Starting in childhood, this fear can continue into adulthood.
9. Ophidiophobia: The fear of snakes is known as ophidiophobia. One may think how fearing snakes can be termed as a phobia as almost everyone is scared of snakes. But for people who suffer from this phobia, it becomes impossible to indulge in hiking, camping and related activities.
10. Arachnophobia: The fear of spiders afflicts a lot of people in the society with 30.5 percent of them dwelling in the U.S. alone. This is an extreme fear of spiders and other arachnids like scorpions. This causes a lot of embarrassment to the victims.
A little of fear and phobia is normal. However, when it goes beyond control and begins to affect the daily activities of a person, it becomes a concern. Phobias are mental conditions which qualify for intervention. One should see a psychiatrist if faced with an extreme phobia of any kind. In fact, phobias are mostly related to anxiety disorder in a person.