Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geethanath
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeethanathYour feedback matters!
Hello, My cousin is suffering from vaginal discharge and because of that she's loosing her weight too. Could you please tell some solutions for this.
I am having white discharge before five days of my period. Is it sign of pregnancy. My LMP is 21 April 2018. I am trying to conceive.
Sleep is an important part of our biological cycle and disruption to a good night's sleep especially after working in night shifts may affect women's brains more than men's say researchers. The findings revealed that the circadian effects the 24 hours biological cycle on brain performance was significantly stronger in women than in men such that women were more cognitively impaired after the end of doing night shifts
Hi Sir, My friend had unprotected sex with his girlfriend around 25 days ago and he is worried about that she could get pregnant or what else. Both of them around 16-17 years old. They have sex during the periods. And after that she doesn't have any periods for 25 days. Please suggest some pills to avoid pregnancy.
My sis age is 33 years old. Wo pregnant hona chahti h but use pehle cyst ho gya tha wo recover ho gya then sab test b normal aaye Jo Dr. ne kahaa tha. Toh Dr. ne unki. Follicular studies start ki. Unhone Dr. k according hi time pe sex kia egg b futta sab positive hi chal RHA tha fir b use periods a gye n wo pregnant nhi Hui. Dr. ne unhe hsg krane KO kahaa Ab wo b normal Aai h koi blockage nhi h usme bhi. Toh Ab kitne percent chance h meri sis k pregnant hone Ke. M so worried about her. please reply me soon.
Some of the home remedies for ehrlichiosis include the use of ginger, licorice, and other anti-bacterial products and foods. However, studies consistently argue that medical attention is by far the best solution for curing ehrlichiosis, so be sure to contact a medical professional if you think you are suffering from ehrlichiosis. From there, the home remedies can be used in conjunction with formal treatment, if advised.
Ehrlichiosis is a bacterial infection that is transmitted by the bite of a tick. This condition primarily affects dogs, because they are frequently in wooded areas and brush against reeds and plants where ticks commonly live. However, it can also be transmitted to humans. The intracellular bacteria that infects the body attack white blood cells, which significantly weakens the immune system. If you find a tick on your body, it is best to carefully remove it with tweezers, trying not to squash it, since the bacteria in its body can get onto your skin. Also, make sure that the mouth parts are removed from your skin as well.
Symptoms of ehrlichiosis
The symptoms of ehrlichiosis include fatigue, nausea, muscle aches, high fever, and severe joint and muscle pain. This is common for autoimmune diseases that destroy your white blood cells, because your body tries to show you that it is ill in as many ways as possible at the same time. The immune disruption is the direct cause behind the majority of the symptoms.
The symptoms usually appear 1-2 weeks after the initial bite occurs, which is why it can be difficult to identify, because the tick might have dropped off or died by the time you start seeing symptoms. A rash can sometimes appear faster than other symptoms, but every case seems to be different.
If you are diagnosed with ehrlichiosis, then the best course of action is to consult a medical professional and begin treatment with doxycycline and minocycline, which are used in the vast majority of cases. For people allergic to that class of drugs, there are other pharmaceutical options that can quickly clear up the symptoms. Certain cases are chronic, and this presents a long-term problem for those sufferers, since their immune system being compromised can be ideal for opportunistic infections, like candidiasis. Herbal and natural remedies should be used in conjunction with allopathic remedies, not in place of them.
Home remedies of ehrlichiosis
Ginger and licorice: These two foods have been peripherally connected with ehrlichiosis because they can help to boost the immune system and increase the count of white blood cells in your body. While this is not a cure for the bacterial infection, it can certainly make the symptoms less serious. When taken in conjunction with doxycycline, this can speed up the healing process and get you back on your feet quicker. Licorice and ginger tea is probably the easiest method of adding these to your diet, but there are other dietary applications of those foods, as well.
Tick awareness: Since doxycycline is the primary remedy for this condition, there isn’t much more to say about treatment. However, prevention is also very important. If a tick is found and removed within 36 hours, then there is a drastically diminished chance of contracting ehrlichiosis. After leaving a “tick area”, be sure to thoroughly check your clothes and skin. Also, do a second check at the end of the day, in case the ticks were transferred in your hair or some other object you had with you. If you find a tick, gently squeeze the mouth parts of the tick with tweezers and gently pull it off you skin, being careful not to jerk or tear the mouth parts out. From there, you can either kill the tick in an alcohol solution or save it for a doctor in case you begin to develop symptoms from the bite.
A final word of warning: While this condition is usually not life-threatening, if left untreated, the infection can become quite serious and can then develop into a chronic case of ehrlichiosis, which can be very difficult to eliminate. Therefore, be aware and vigilant of your personal space and how your body feels, particularly after spending time in wooded or “tick-friendly” areas. Many people try to avoid allopathic remedies in lieu of an herbal remedy, but when it comes to a specific bacterial infection like this, taking doxycycline is the fastest, easiest, and safest solution.
According to a recent study of fertility and diet conducted by the Harvard Medical School, it has been revealed that consuming certain foods and abstaining from some can be easily opted for without any external intervention in order to aid in improving the ovulatory system, even though there are factors that you are unable to control, such as genetics and age. It is important to be aware of the small dietary changes that can potentially make you much more fertile than those who do not go for a healthy diet.
- Go for complex carbohydrates: Experts suggest eating more of slow and complex carbohydrates and restricting the consumption of processed ones. Your body is able to digest bad carbohydrates in order to turn them into blood sugar, which is harmful to the body. So you must stay away from cakes and cookies, white breads, white rice, junk food and all such items that appear unsurpassable. It is because the pancreas are compelled to release an additional amount of insulin into the blood for controlling the blood-sugar spike. On the other hand, you can go for good carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables, which take time to digest and have a much slower effect on the insulin and blood sugar. It is evident that high levels of insulin can inhibit the process of ovulation.
Choose Iron-Rich Foods: A diet rich in iron that comes from vegetables and supplements may lower the risk of ovulatory infertility. Ovulatory infertility is only one cause of infertility and affects 25 percent of infertile couples. Vegetarian foods with iron include all types of beans, eggs, lentils, spinach, fortified cereals, long-grain enriched rice and whole grains. Add vitamin C from citrus fruits, bell peppers or berries to your meals to enhance iron absorption.
The "Fertility Diet": Women should choose the following "fertility diet" -
- Less animal protein and more vegetable protein
- Less trans fat and more monounsaturated fat (from foods such as avocados and olive oil)
- More high-fiber, low-glycemic carbohydrate-rich foods (including whole grains)
- More vegetarian sources of iron and fewer meat sources
- High-fat dairy instead of low-fat dairy
- Get enough folic acid: Folic acid has been proven to reduce a baby's risk of neural-tube birth defects such as spina bifida, and it is linked to a lower incidence of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, and diabetes. A good over-the-counter prenatal vitamin should contain more than the minimum recommendation of folic acid, between 600 and 800 mcg – what you'll need during pregnancy. In addition, you can eat folate-rich foods, such as dark green leafy vegetables like spinach or kale, citrus fruits, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and fortified breads and cereals.
- Dairy: It pays to bone up on dairy (milk, yogurt, and cheese) when you’re trying to conceive. Adding dairy to your preconception diet is good not only for bone health but also — potentially — for your reproductive health. So drink that milk, spoon up that yogurt, sip that smoothie, nibble on that cheese. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.