Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geethanath
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeethanathYour feedback matters!
Whenever my husband make relation (intercourse) with me I feel itchy (jalan). Like somebody pour something like chilly. And I am unable to make relation with him please send me the remedy or how to get rid of this. I shall be thankful to you.
Hello My 15 days old baby is on breast feed but didn't pass out potty daily. Is it normal? If yes so how many days are normal.
I'm 20 years old male. My aunt is not getting pregnant from many years with my uncle. So she decided to have kid with me. So we're having sex daily from past 6 days. Like I'm having strong sex with her daily 6 to 7 times. Will she be pregnant by now or should I have still more sex with her. I want to make her pregnant. Please help.
All of us are taught about hygienic living and this subject should be included as a chapter in the curriculum of every school. There are many different kinds of hygiene.
Respiratory hygiene: This is important to prevent cross infection, specifically, from flu and related respiratory illness. One should keep a distance of minimum 3 ft, from a person who is coughing, sneezing or singing. Most respiratory particles are more than 5 microns in size and do not travel a distance of more than 3 ft. This respiratory hygiene, however, will not prevent transmission of the tuberculosis bacteria, which are less than 5 microns and keep circulating in the area.
Hand hygiene: This is the fundamental principle for any disease prevention and the catch phrase is ?before and after?, i.E. One should wash hands before and after eating food, touching any infected material, seeing a patient or after normal evacuation of stool in the morning.
Food hygiene: This means maintaining hygiene at home while cutting, serving and eating food. While cutting a vegetable, the surface or the cutting board should be clean and hygienic including the knife, hands, water, utensils etc. If that hygiene is not possible, follow the formula of ?boil it, heat it, peel it, cook it or forget it?. This means that any food which has been boiled, heated or peeled is safe for eating. Peeling means removing the skin of a fruit such as banana or oranges.
Water hygiene: This involves drinking safe water, safe drinking glass, proper washing of glass, not washing multiple glasses in the same utensil and picking up glasses properly. People often try to pick up four glasses of water at the same time with one finger in each glass.
Sexual hygiene: This involves washing local areas before and after sexual contact.
Body hygiene: This involves 16 upchars, as mentioned in mythology. Out of these 16 basic steps, some are related to body hygiene and they involve washing feet first and then hands followed by mouth and finally the body. Washing of the feet is the most important as they are the ones which carry infections into one?s house.
Cleaning of mouth is cleaning the teeth with one finger, gums with two fingers, tongue with three fingers and palate with thumb.
Abhishekam or the snana of the body involves multiple steps. Ancient steps have been washing the body with milk water (rose water etc.) followed by rubbing with curd (soap), honey (moisturizers), ghee (oil), sugar (the drying agent) and finally with milk water again. This facilitates natural bathing and not dependent on soap.
Nail hygiene: This is also a very important hygiene, especially for food handlers, because they are responsible for causation of water and food disease. It is important that they be given typhoid vaccines and deworming tablets every three months.
Another important hygiene to be observed at our homes is that of the servants or the help. They are often provided soap at the start of the month and they are supposed to use that bar of soap for a month. If by any chance, they lose that soap in 2-3 weeks? time, they are apprehensive in asking the owners for soap. As a result, they may wash their hands without soap for the next 2-3 weeks, which includes washing of hands in morning.
Dear sir, I am 30 years male, married before 3 years, we trying conceive a child but unable, I had consult doctor and came to know that I have zero sperm count before 2 yrs, as per dovtor advice I hv done testicular biospy and found partial arrest, then I did my microscopic vea by urologist (andrologist), but same result till now, I am have good time sexual relationship with my wife but now I am hopeless. Please help me.
Last years two times we tried to plan for baby. After that due to some family issue we stopped trying. N try this year. In march n april again we tried bt still this month I got my periods. What is the issue in me. My periods r regular. Why I am not able to conceive. How do I test it can b possible if I get blood still I am pregnant.
Hello my question is my gf has been through an abortion on 28th of june she has not got her periods till date. Generally her periods are around first week.
1. Soybeans can help individuals control weight.
Soybeans have been known to suppress the appetite, helping people eliminate the chances of overeating that leads to obesity and other health related risks. Also, soybeans provide considerable amounts of protein, which can lead to weight gain when taken in large quantities. The weight obtained from soybeans could protect the individual from chronic diseases, such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
2. Soybeans can contribute to improving your sleep.
Soybeans have a high content of magnesium, which is a mineral that is directly linked to improving the quality, duration, and tranquillity of sleep. Soybeans also help regulate the metabolism, to help reduce sleep disorders and the occurrence of insomnia.
3. Soybeans may help prevent and manage type 2 diabetes.
Soybeans have the ability to increase insulin receptors in the body. This helps the body to handle the disease effectively or prevents diabetes from forming at all.
4. Soybeans can contribute to improving circulation and oxygenation.
Soybeans are rich in copper and iron. Both are essential for the red blood cell formation. Increased red blood cell production increases oxygen to the cells and improves the metabolic activity. This prevents conditions like anemia.
5. Soybeans may help to improve your digestive health.
6. Soybeans can help decrease the risk of congenital disabilities.
Soybeans are rich in the B-vitamin complex, particularly in folic acid. Folic acid helps the body to make healthy red blood cells and prevents anemia. It is also important for maintaining rapid cell division and growth during infancy and pregnancy. A deficiency of folic acid in pregnant women can lead to the birth of underweight infants and may also result in neural tube defects in newborns.
7. Soybeans have a significant vitamin and mineral density.
Soybeans are an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, copper, selenium, and zinc. These have a role in preventing osteoporosis and help speed the bone healing process.
I had unprotected sex day before. And post thatbi started taking freewil for past two days. My last periods was on 9th of this month I have pcos too I got ipill 21 days and overall today. Should I take them instead of freewil? Or jus continue the tablet. Is there risk of pregnancy?
Juvenile arthritis also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and is a chronic, systematic and inflammatory disease, which causes damage to joints or damages of connective tissues. Symptoms include fever, rashes and hepato-spleenomegaly. This disease is persistent and inflammatory in nature and occurs before the age of sixteen. Homeopathy is widely used to cure juvenile arthritis. Here is a list of the best homeopathic medicines used to treat juvenile arthritis along with the symptoms based on which they are prescribed.
- Abrotanum: This homeopathic medicine is used when a child is suffering from juvenile arthritis and is unable to move. Symptoms include soreness and paleness and the condition worsens in the morning. Gouts may occur in the wrists or ankles. Inflammatory rheumatism is indicated before the start of swelling. Marasmus of children may occur signified by marked emaciation, especially in the leg. The skin tends to hang loose and gets flabby. Constipation and diarrhea occur.
- Aconite: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy, which is used in arthritis where there is tearing pain in the limbs. Violent pulls in the joints and bones are experienced. Contraction of the tendons and feeling stiff in the flexor muscles are other symptoms. Cramps affect several limbs. Aconite is used in early stages of juvenile arthritis. Atmospheric changes affect the patient, and dark hair, and eyes are developed. The muscle fibres becomes rigid.
- Apis: Apis is used in oedematous swellings and synovitis. The knee gets swollen, sensitive, sore and shiny along with stinging pain. The feet also swell and feel extra large. There is a rheumatic pain in the backside and in the limbs. The fingertips and hands become numb, and the patient is tired. Glands are enlarged or indurated.
- Arsenicum Album: This homeopathic medicine is used in juvenile arthritis where the patient experiences acute pain in the arms and hands. The pain begins from the elbow and extends to the armpits. There is an acute, pulling and shooting sensation in the wrists. The fingers swell as well along with pain in the finger bones. Cramps occur in the legs and swelling is felt in the palms at night. The hips experience acute pain as well, which extends to the thighs, groins and ankle bones.
- Belladona: Belladona is used for joint and bone pains. The pains generally increase at night and during the afternoon. Any kind of movement or touch leads to aggravation in the pain. Palpitations in muscles are caused. Cramps, spasms and movements which are convulsive are indicated.
Homeopathy is an ideal remedy for treatment of juvenile arthritis. Homeopathy being purely natural has no side effects and puts a check on all underlying causes of juvenile arthritis.
My girlfriend is of 19 years, and she suffers from a lot of pain in her lower abdomen and legs during periods. She also goes to loo very frequently (not only at the time of period, but daily). Is there any problem in all these? if there is any, then what should she do?
Hi, I am 25 years old married since a year. TTC since 6-7 months. But was diagnosed with pcod with cyst of 4mm and Tsh of 5.54. Doctor suggested me thyrobless, normoz, folic acid for two months. How long it may take for me to conceive.
I used 10 ipill in 2 months and my partner facing problem in her periods. Previous month the periods end with in 2 days.
The knee is the largest joint of the body and is made up of upper and lower bones that are separated by two discs known as menisci. While minor knee pain may be experienced by many people, it should be handled with medical intervention when it becomes a serious and debilitating problem. Sudden injury or injury due to overuse as well as myriad conditions that affect the joints and muscles can bring about knee pain. Underlying conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis, which affect the bones and joints, can also cause knee pain. The symptoms include painful swelling and stiffness as well as severe discomfort.
Let us learn more about the causes of knee pain and the ways in which it can be managed:
- Injury: Exercise and sports injuries are one of the most common causes that can be the start of acute knee pain, as well as chronic condition. These kinds of injuries can affect the ligaments and cartilage which leads to severe pain. The pain can even affect the way one functions in one's daily life. Knee ligament injuries can also cause this kind of pain. These ligaments are bands of tissues that connect the thigh bone with the lower leg bones. Sprains and tears in the ACL or PCL are common in sports injuries, and may even require surgery in many cases. Knee Cartilage Tears can also take place in the hard yet flexible cartilage of the knee which can affect the meniscus around the knee. This condition may also require surgery.
- Arthritis: This condition can affect the knees specifically and is one of the most common types of arthritis. This is a chronic condition which gets progressively worse over time and may even require surgery. Stiffness and inflammation are common symptoms. Rheumatoid arthritis is also a degenerative auto-immune disease that can affect the knees and cause knee pain. Furthermore, post traumatic arthritis can also be experienced after an injury. Osteoarthritis is another common condition that leads to knee pain. It basically occurs due to wear and tear of the knees over a prolonged period and is usually experienced by patients over the age of 50.
- Managing Knee Pain: While pain medication and anti-inflammatory drugs may be prescribed for most cases, along with the surgery in long run, it is also possible to manage knee pain with the help of better lifestyle choices like regular knee and muscle strengthening exercises as well as REST - rest, ice, compression and elevation. These methods can help in relieving inflammation and pain. But very severe cases will require medical intervention, so it is imperative to get in touch with your doctor if the condition does not improve. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi , I am 36 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby having RH -ve and my husband RH ve . Gyne have given me anti D dose during 32nd week. Now Gyne is saying that I should not wait for delivery till 40th week. She wants me to deliver in 38th (/-) week by inducing. Please suggest whether I should go with her advice or wait for natural labor. Please help with your valuable advice. Thanks in advance.
Actually because of hypothyroidism my menstruation has been stopped and doctors says that I am having pof kindly help me to do as I m wanting a baby. Can it is possible ?
Doc I have pcos and I am currently taking metformin. I have seen sudden increase in facial hair and have some spot acnes. My pcos is recently discovered and had no initial symptom than missed period. I am taking krimson 35 also for regulating periods and have completed one course with successful result. I am just taking metformin 500g but I do not know after taking the medicine my facial hair which was nothing initially has increased. What to do. Also I have diarrhea since I started medication. Can you please tell me what can I do to prevent this facial hair growth and spot acnes. Also I use azac soap for acne but it doesn't sem to work.
Please make sure you have no skin allergies particulary to bleaching agents such as chlorine. Any contact dermatitis could worsen on exposure to such waters. Always have a shower before entering the pool and make sure you use pools where this practice is followed. Always have a thorough shower after using the pool. Always use protective glasses to avoid conjunctivitis. Avoid swallowing water from the pool. If you want to spit make sure you do it outside the water or in the water collection system in the corners. If you develop any skin problems stop immediately and seek help.