Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha KohliYour feedback matters!
I had laparoscopic in last year .now I have irregular periods and pain high these days .what are chance of pregnancy.
Cancer is an uncontrolled proliferation of transformed cells in any part of the body. Neoplasm or tumor are used variably to describe any swelling or new growth. Benign growths don't have the potential to spread to other organs or parts of the body while malignancy or malignant growths have uncontrolled proliferation and metastatic potential. Transformation is a multistep process with genetic alterations by which normal cells acquire malignant potential, uncontrolled proliferation capacity and capacity to spread to other parts of the body (metastasis) worldwide cancer is responsible for 1 in 8 deaths. Most common cancers are:
Men: oral cancer (in India), prostate, lung
Women: breast, cervix and endometrium, colorectal, lung
What causes cancer? cancer is usually multifactorial
1. Age- more in age group greater than 60 yrs compared to younger age group
2. Obesity- body mass index greater than 30
3. Tobacco - cigarette, cigar, bidi, hookah, smokeless tobacco like gutka, zarda etc. There is no safe form of tobacco.
4. Pan masala and supari
6. Ultraviolet rays exposure
7. Radiation exposure
8. Genetic factors
9. Others- pollution, certain chemicals, infections
Prevention of cancer:
1. Stay away from tobacco products
2. Eat healthy and daily physical activity- fresh fruits and vegetable are good, maintain optimal body weight
3. Be safe in sun
4. Cancer awareness and early detection: alarming signs are (caution)-
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A sore that will not heal
- Unusual discharge or bleeding
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicles or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
- Obvious change in a wart or mole
- A nagging cough or hoarseness
5. Cancer screening: screening is for healthy individuals with education. Rather than going for unnecessary blind tests, a programme for screening should be planned in consultation with your oncologist as requirements are different for different cancers and differ as per age groups and gender. Also, screening is not effective in all cancers. Cancer education and awareness have due importance. Some cancers in which screening has been shown to be effective includes breast, colon, rectum, cervix, prostate, lung in high-risk groups but as mentioned earlier it is planned with participation of both individual and oncologist.
Types of cancer treatment:
Cancer treatment is now a multidisciplinary management in which different surgical, medical and radiation oncologist plan treatment protocol for best possible chances of cure. Advancement in all these fields and their contribution in comprehensive management results in 25-30% improvement in cure rate over previous decades.
- Surgery: involves surgical principles to remove the tumor with adequate margins and possible draining lymph nodes regions. Improvements and understanding of surgical principles even make resection of distant disease or cure of stage iv disease in some selected cases.
- Chemotherapy: cytotoxic drugs are given either in injectable or oral forms which acts on uncontrolled cancer cells. Advances in this fields result in drugs with better efficacy and less side effect profile and at the same time resulting in better cancer control. Targetted therapy acts on specific pathways of cancer growth. Hormone therapy targets specific hormone receptors for controlling cancer.
- Radiation therapy: is the delivery of radiation generated by radioactive source over the region of cancer. More and more advances in radiation technologists are emerging like imrt, sbrt to focus radiation over the specific location so as to avoid toxic effect over surrounding area.
I have multiple fibroadenoma in both breast Can I take green tea. Is green tea harmful in fibroadenoma.
I have a wife and she delivered a baby for us, can I suck her breast milk and drink? Is there any risk in doing so? And can the milk give me health or effect my body and our baby?
Hi Dr. I am married girl. Which day we plan a baby in month. My last period date 9 feb. Now it come 5 march. Please tell.
Hi I am a 27 year old male, few months back I suffered severe diarrohea and after that I notice a single small lump around the anus, after few days it started itching and burning, then I went to a gastro and he told me that I have external pile and given me an ointment to apply and said it wil b ok after few days. I got relief but the small lump is still there, and now its about 6 months with on and off burning. Please tel me how to get clear that lump.
Dear My wife occurs infertility problem since 6 years my marriages complete 7 years, but infertility problem till date so 1 irregular periods: 2 ovulations occurs late as per 20 to 22 days In some time no ovulations, all medicines ,injections proper done to take but not conceive 3 blood reports are normal 4 weight as per bmi no problem age 27 and weight 52 KGS 5 thyroids starting problem after diagnosis normal stage last 5 years thyroid tablets continue 50 mg at till normal levels 6 HSG no problem 7 PCT test also normal Please advice me treatment on infertility issues Or treatment Only issue on not proper ovulation in day 14 to 16 so better treatment?
A recent study conducted by sahgrenska academy university of gothenburg sweden has found that diabetes medication can be used to treat alcohol dependence.
Researchers found that a medication that resembles the hormone glp-1 which is used to treat type 2 diabetes as well as obesity could also be used to treat alcohol dependence
I hav not got my period its already 13 days. I took hgc test on 10th day of my missing period its negative. I feels like period (pain) but I am unable to get till now we are confused and scared help. We did sex once it was around 8 th day of my cycle.
My vagina area is becoming dark day by day please suggest me some cream or medicine to make it fairer.
Clear watery discharge from vagina some time creamy. No smell no blood no pain. Back pain. Always feel very weak and dazy. Also never feel hungry. Breast feeding baby 2 years age. What to do.
While the social stigma pertaining to women's sexuality is being gradually (albeit heavily) dismantled, questions addressing the sexual concerns and problems of women are also more widely and openly discussed now. The debate of whether to completely forgo sexual activity during menstruation is one that continues to share explicitly divided opinions despite everything even till this day.
The idea of intercourse during 'the time of the month' is one that seldom receives an approving nod. Inhibitions relating to the 'mess' and the notion that menstrual blood, sanitary pads, and tampons can lower your arousal rates may underplay the many benefits of engaging in sexual activity during this time. However, this remains challenged by the many upshots as enlisted below:
- Helps ease cramps
The release of oxytocin and dopamine along with other endorphins alleviate the cramps and body-ache that one might encounter during periods. Sex promotes better blood flow and relieves stress and can help battle mood swings during periods.
- Shortens the length of periods
Many women who engage in sex during menstruation often claim that their periods last for a comparatively shorter span of time than if they hadn't had any intercourse. This is because every time you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts. The muscle spasms of orgasm allow expulsion of blood and uterine lining faster than it is usually subjected to happen.
- No need for lubes
Your flow acts as an active and better lubrication during sex and this also enhances pleasure. This might act as a natural way to deal with dryness during sex and one may avoid store-bought lubrications during the time of the month.
- Chances are that you might actually like it
Changes in hormonal balances during the first few days of periods can make women more desirous of sexual activity and the partners may enjoy a greater level of pleasure. Sex during periods also ushers in a feeling of deeper intimacy between the partners. An intensified sense of libido that one may feel during this time is extremely beneficial to sexual activity. The pleasure is therefore greater and you might actually like it more than sex on normal days!
How to minimize the mess?
If your primary concern is the 'mess' that you're afraid to create, a menstrual cap or female condom may be the solution to your problem. They help reduce the blood flow during sexual intercourse. In fact, even a regular condom can make it less messy, at least for you partner. Sex in the shower also elevates cleanliness while retaining (often increasing) the excitement in your sexual act. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.