Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geetha Kohli
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha KohliYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am 35 weeks pregnant went through a color doppler today, POG is 33 weeks by scan with 2190 gm weight and had a single loop of cord in neck. I want to know the risk involved also why baby is 33 weeks and not 35 by scan.
Please suggest. Is dub 5 tablet is safe for postponing the periods how many tablets in one day and for how many days.
If there is blood in your urine, it is a sign of renal illness. While this could be happening because of various reasons, it is advisable to see your doctor soon.
Following are the causes of blood in your urine:
- An enlarged prostate - An enlarged prostate is a common cause of the appearance of blood in the urine in men who are in their middle ages or older. Enlargement of the prostate gland causes the urethra to be compressed. This prevents the urethra from getting fully emptied while urination.
- Cancer - A cancerous kidney, bladder or prostate gland can also cause blood to appear in the urine. It is another major cause of hematuria but usually occurs in older patients.
- Infection - Infections like urethritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis or infection in any other body organ along the urinary tract is one of the most common causes of hematuria. Such bacterial infection in the urethra can also infect the kidneys and the urinary bladder. It results in the urge to urinate frequently and also causes blood to appear in the urine.
- Kidney stones and bladder stones - Another reason that can cause blood to appear in the urine is the presence of stones in the kidney or bladder. These stones are crystallized minerals that are formed in the kidney or the bladder but fail to pass through the urinary tract. They cause blockage and pain and result in hematuria.
- Polycystic kidney disease - PKD is a kidney disorder in which cysts filled with fluid form in the kidneys and impair the kidneys, causing them to fail entirely at times. It is an inherited disease and causes blood to appear in the urine.In children who are between 6-10 years of age, kidney disorder after streptococcal glomerulonephritis can be a possible cause of hematuria.
I am 11 week pregnant and my age is 27 years. I sleep a lot since I got pregnant. 12-13 hours is my average sleep during pregnancy. Due this long sleep I have to skip breakfast. Is harmful for my baby and me? My tsh is 5.36 and hemoglobin is 7.8.weight is 47 kg.
I hv been getting irritation around my pubic areas post marriage? just a month back I even suffered from vaginal infection which was completly treated. What cd b the reason and what is the cure. I keep myself hyginic and clean my privates with lactacyd. It does give temporary relief.
My wife is 15 weeks pregnant and take one tablet of 40 mg target every day for renal hypertension. pregnancy is diagnosed today only. Sonography is normal for 15 week age of foetus. Please suggest do we have a risk in continuing pregnancy. What are the risk.
I am suffering from bleeding issues. My bf rubbed my vagina from upper side through finger s and I bought that his figures might b carrying sperms because he egaluted some time before. So I taken I pill after 15 hrs. At that time no side effect happened but after 7 days I observed bleeding yesterday it was slow today morning slight fast and right now slow. I also felt headache and pain in stomach since 2 days. Now what to do. Am I pregnant?
Small endocrine glands, which are located on top of each kidney are known as Adrenal glands. These Adrenal glands produce hormones that regulate blood sugar, stress and sexual functions. Any problems in the pituitary gland can affect the Adrenal gland as the pituitary gland regulates all endocrine glands.
Different types of Adrenal gland disorders are:
- Cushing's disease: This disorder occurs when the Adrenal glands produce too much cortisol in the body. Cortisol is a hormone that Adrenal glands produce when a body is exposed to stress. The cause of this disease is the intake of steroids and tumors present in the pituitary gland. Its symptoms are increase in blood pressure, weakness in the muscles and weak bones.
- Adrenal cancer: Presence of cancerous cells in the Adrenal cortex leads to Adrenal cancer. Symptoms of the disorder are stomach cramps, blood pressure problems and irregular menstrual cycle.
- Addison's disease - This disease occurs when the Adrenal glands produce less cortisol. This disorder is linked with the immune system as the Adrenal glands are attacked by it during this disorder. Symptoms of this disorder are nausea, loss of appetite, constipation and muscle pain.
- Pheochromocytoma - It is a tumor that develops in the adrenal gland and causes excessive production of a hormone called catecholamine. These hormones help in regulating blood pressure. The primary causes of this disorder are genetic factors. Common symptoms of this disorder are headaches, shortness of breath and sweating.
- Conn's syndrome - This disorder occurs when the hormone Aldosterone is produced in excess by the Adrenal glands. Symptoms of this disorder are feeling excessively thirsty, muscle weakness and high blood pressure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir when I insert my penis in my wife's vagina my penis does not enter and my wife feels lot of pain because its her 1st time sex and she is 18 years old. What can I do?
It is said that dehydrated fruits offer same health benefits as that of fresh fruits, but differ slightly in mineral and vitamin content. Both fresh and dried fruits will provide you with fiber and antioxidants, which are beneficial for your health; however dried fruits usually lose a small percentage of their vitamins during the process of dehydration.
When you compare fresh and dried fruits, it’s great to make use of the standard serving sizes, which are 1 cup of fresh fruit and ¼ cup of dried fruit.
But when fruits lose their water content and eventually volume during the drying process, their sugar, calorie and nutrient content become concentrated. So when you consume a handful of dried fruits, there is an in-take of more calories than you would if you consumed that same quantity of fresh fruits.
Besides giving you a variety in taste and health benefits, both fresh fruits and dehydrated fruits have their own significance.
For instance, whereas dry fruits can offer you portability and a longer shelf life; fresh fruit as opposed to dry fruits contain higher amount of minerals and hence is a more nutritious choice than dried fruits.
If you are keeping a close watch on your weight, then dried fruits should not be eaten much as they contain considerably more calories in each serving than the fresh fruits. Dried fruits that contain sugar additives are high in calorie content, but the ones with low calorie content offer numerous health rewards:
There are some dried fruits which are a rich source of antioxidants, the Journal of the American College of Nutrition revealed. For instance, Phenol an antioxidant-type is found more in dried fruits such as figs and dates than in fresh fruits.
- High Fiber
Dried fruits are usually high in fiber content than the equal-sized serving of the fresh fruits. Fiber helps in running our digestive system smoothly and prevents obesity as well as cancer and heart disease.