Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha KohliYour feedback matters!
I apply body lotion to every where in the body is it safe to apply near abdominal parts like penis! And while having sex with my partner can I apply body lotion near penis!
Dear Docter , after putting Vaginal tablets , there was heavy bleeding for a week then bleeding stop , again 2 times minor bleeding gap of 1 week , then after 3rd week I again self test by Prega news kit test was positive , then 3rd time again bleeding for 2 days .So I am fully worried .Pls help
I am taking Metformin and ovabless for pcod, can it also help regularize my period as I have also irregular period problem.
Sir/Madam, I get married in 2012, april but yet not have any issue. My period is normal. Last 2 period are,(sep-30th, nov-29th). All tests are also good such as tube etc. I have a small cyst in my rt. Ovary. I want to ask you that is it possible that pregnancy comes but not stands. please guide.
Being overweight can be as problematic as being underweight. Both the situations can have an effect on the infertility in a woman. Usually, the body stores the sex hormones in the fat layers. That is why, if a person is underweight, she can have infertility issues, as there is not enough storage space for the hormones. In the same way if a person is overweight, then there is an excess of fat tissues and the amount of the hormone estrogen released is usually more than that the body can handle. This leads to a disruption of the chemicals and proteins, leading to adverse reactions and infertility.
Common Weight Related Infertility Reasons
Being overweight is somewhat linked with the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and an increase in estrogen hormone. Also, there is a greater chance of a luteal phase defect. Let us see how these can affect a woman:
- Estrogen: This hormone is produced by the fat cells, and if there is too much of estrogen production, then the body reacts to it in a similar manner when birth control pills are taken. Ovulation may or may not occur, and if it does, it might be inadequate. And the inadequate ovulation leads to luteal phase defect.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): This is basically an endocrine disorder with a combination of many symptoms. Symptoms are pain, irregular cycles, ovulatory pain, ovarian cysts, excessive body hair and heavy menstrual bleeding. Diagnosis for PCOS helps in determining the treatment for weight loss.
- Luteal Phase Defect: The luteal phase refers to the phase between the ovulation and the menses. The ideal time period for this phase is 14 days. LPD is generally caused by improper ovulation, and thus improving the quality of the follicles is necessary to correct the situation.
How Does Being Overweight Affect Conception Rate
As per a study which was published in the British Medical Journal, if women are too lean or too obese, they can have difficulty in conceiving and that fat distribution has an effect on the body. Women who have a large waist-hip ratio have difficulty in conceiving, and apple shaped women also face the same trouble. Usually, women who have PCOS have an apple shaped body.
Risk of Miscarriage Due To Being Overweight
Women suffering from PCOS and obesity have more chances of miscarriage as compared to others. The reason is that women with PCOS have increased LH, which tends to affect the pregnancy. However, it is noticed that even if excess fat does not play any role in pregnancy, women with PCOS have excess weight which creates high risk as compared to the others.
Finding Help for Overweight Issues is a Good Idea
Seeking help if you are overweight is always advisable. Consulting a good gynecologist can help along with weight management and fertility treatment. You shouldn't have any hesitations, and all the questions should be asked freely so as to get a holistic idea of the treatment. The doctor might suggest some tests and also conduct a physical examination of the lymph nodes and the abdomen, to check the ovaries and the uterus. Post physical examination, an internal examination of the cervix to check for infections is done, and if need be, a pap smear might be collected and sent to the lab for culture. At times, a trans-vaginal or an abdominal ultrasound might also be done to rule out the possibilities of abnormalities or others cysts. Tests to check the levels of hormones are also done.
It is always a wise decision to know how being overweight can impact the chances of becoming pregnant. Working towards losing weight and getting it under healthy BMI levels, can lead to the restoration of the hormones and in turn make you healthier.
Anxiety is a very normal emotion, which gives rise to feelings of nervousness every now and then. An anxiety disorder is a serious medical condition in which people experience a high degree of distress and mental trauma, which causes difficulties in leading a normal life. People suffering from this medical condition experience high levels of anxiety and nervousness almost all the time. Here are the symptoms that indicate you're suffering from anxiety disorder.
1. Excessive worry - This condition persists if you worry about the day to day activities a bit too much on a regular basis. It is identified when you start taking too much stress about very petty things, which tends to affect you in an adverse manner. A noticeable sign of excessive worry can be too much fatigue.
2. Sleep problems - Problems falling asleep at the right time and problems in maintaining a sound sleep are two signs that indicate you have an anxiety disorder.
3. Irrational fears - This symptom is not generalized; instead, it is specific and subjective in relation to a particular thing or situation. The fears that are experienced under this category are sudden and unexpected in nature and there is no fixed rationale behind these fears.
4. Muscle tension - Muscle discomfort and pain is one of the leading physiological causes of an anxiety disorder. The pain felt is chronic and pervasive, and is very common among people facing situations of anxiety. If you are exposed to constant periods of anxiety, you will experience fatigue, muscle pains and unwillingness to work.
5. Chronic indigestion - Problems related to the digestive system are also a sign of anxiety disorder. In this case, you may face constant digestive problems accompanied by a common disorder called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). IBS refers to an anxiety situation in the digestive tract, which is characterized by stomach aches, cramping, bloating, gas, constipation, and/or diarrhea.
Apart from the above-mentioned symptoms, other symptoms of an anxiety disorder include stage fright, self- consciousness, panic attacks, memory flashbacks, perfectionism, compulsive behaviors, self- doubt, and such others.