Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha JainYour feedback matters!
My age is 52 years old. I have an problem menstruation and bleeding very often. My hemoglobin is low. What should I do?
Cervical spondylosis is a disorder that affects the joints and disc around the cervical region or neck. Earlier, it was believed that spondylosis can occur in old people only and is an age-related disorder. However, it is not true nowadays. Today, even youngsters complain of pain in the neck region due to cervical spondylosis. It occurs mostly to people who spend longer hours sitting and working on the computer. It is caused due to damage of cartilage and bones in this region. Symptoms of cervical spondylosis include chronic pain and stiffness around the neck.
Causes for Cervical Spondylosis:
A number of factors can be responsible for cervical spondylosis. Following are the common causes for the disorder:
- Overgrowth of Bones in the Neck Region: This can hamper the sensitive areas around the spine.
- Drying of Fluid: The spinal bone is made up of disc-like structures. There is fluid present in between the disks. Spondylosis is often caused due to the drying up of this fluid.
- Herinated Disks: In some cases, cracks get developed on the disks. This causes leakage of fluid in between them. Consequently, the nerves in this region get damaged.
- Injury: If you have had an injury to your neck, such as during a fall or car accident, this can accelerate the aging process.
Homeopathic Medicines to Cure Cervical Spondylosis:
There are homeopathic medicines, which can cure cervical spondylosis over a period of time. However, the dosage of these medicines must be administered properly to get rid of the disorder. Some of these useful medicines have been listed below:
- Conium: This medicine is prescribed for patients suffering from vertigo. If a patient feels pain or vertigo while turning the head sideways or lying down on bed, this medicine can prove helpful. Other symptoms that should be taken into account while prescribing this drug include feeling of tightness in the temporal region and pain in occipital area.
- Gelsemium: If the pain in the neck region extends to the back of the head, one may be given doses of Gelsemium. The patient complains of having the pain at the centre of the occipital region. Besides, the patient will feel inactive, dull and dizzy most of the times.
- Kalmia Latifolia: This is given when the pain spreads upto the arm region and fingers. The pain can also be felt around the shoulder blades. The patient suffers from frequent nausea. The pain increases when the patient tries to look down.
- Silicea: When the pain is felt on eyes or forehead, this medicine is prescribed. It is also useful in treating spine curvature. These patients cannot adjust with cold weather. They feel chilly most of the times. The get quick relief by warm fomentation.
- Calcarea Phos: This is useful for treating patients who have developed spondylosis due to the overgrowth of bones in the cervical region or bone spurs.
Hi. My left breast has been feeling heavy and tight for 2 days now, and it has also been paining me. What should I do? My periods are weeks away as well.
My wife is 55 suffering from Thyroid and diabetes. Menopause period is over and lost interest in sex and having lack of sleep. Past 3 months she is complaining for headache and throat infection.
Married 4 months b4 but still wife is unable to conceive, during intercourse it takes lot of time for sperms to come out and sometimes sperms also don't comes It there any problem? Kindly advise.
I am 33 weeks pregnant and doctor suggested me LRZIN 10 sachet. Can you please tell me the use and side effects of the medicine.
I am planning for a baby, my last period date was 9 th Feb 2017, When we intercourse, the Siemens comes out, can you please help in why?
1) rocking immune system: regular sex ensures higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders.
2) lowers blood pressure: one landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure.
3) great exercise: sex is a really great form of exercise. It is a muscular exercise that burns calories and increases your heart rate.
4) lowers heart attack risk: great sex life is good for your heart. It not just raises your heart rate, sex helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance.
5) reduces pain: getting an orgasm can block pain. Vaginal stimulation can block chronic back and leg pain, and can reduce menstrual cramps, arthritic pain, and in some cases even headache.
6) improves sleep: people usually dose of quickly after sex and tend to get a sound sleep.
7) relieves stress: sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain's pleasure and reward system. Sex and intimacy relieve you of stress and boost your self-esteem and happiness too.
8) reduces risk of prostate cancer: a study, published in the journal of the american medical association revealed that men who ejaculated frequently (at least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer.
9) helps women's bladder control: incontinence, a problem that affects about 30% of women at some point in their lives is helped with a regular sex. Good sex is like a workout for their pelvic floor muscles. An orgasm causes contractions in those muscles thus strengthening them.
I am pregnant for three weeks and iav taken abortion kit but only a slight spot was observed, so can I take one kit more which contains 5 pills？
As many doctors suggest to avoid Albandazole during pregnancy, then what medicine should be used to treat infection. My wife is 7 months pregnant. She is feeling itchiness and smelling in her vagina also having small amount of yellow water discharge which creating infection (may be yeast infection). Kindly suggest medicine and treatment for this infection.
I noticed blood stains in my 2 month old daughter's nappy. It seems the blood comes with urine and it only happens like once or twice in a week or so. Doc suggested to get urine test routine and culture, both are clear. What can be the cause?
My LMP IS 26 th july. Today my vaginal discharged strong thick yellow brown mixed one with drop of blood in that moment. After that no bleeding. What is the reason? am planning for pregnancy. If it is misscarrg?
PCOD or Polycystic Ovary disease is one of the most common hormonal disorders faced by women today. The trigger for PCOD varies from person to person, and can range from poor diet and stress to fluctuating insulin and hormonal disturbances. PCOD patients have an enlarged ovary with a number of small follicular cysts. If you or a loved one has PCOD, here are a few things you should know.
Acknowledge the symptoms
PCOD is hard to diagnose. Some of its symptoms are irregular periods, high insulin levels, abnormal hair growth, low thyroid, acne, obesity and high blood pressure. Checkups at regular intervals are needed to confirm a PCOD.
A change in lifestyle is the best form of medication
Medication for PCOD addresses its symptoms. For example, you could take medication to correct Insulin resistance or pills to control acne and hair growth. However, a lifestyle change in the form of a well balanced diet and regular exercise is essential for PCOD patients. In terms of diet, PCOD sufferers should have lesser carbohydrates and sugars, and increased amounts of fiber and protein. Exercise helps control weight and the balance between male and female hormones. PCOD patients also need to find ways to lower their stress levels. Yoga and meditation can be very helpful to this effect. Without this, no medication will be effective.
If left untreated PCOD can lead to many other problems
Diagnosing PCOD is difficult and even when diagnosed, regular checkups are essential for PCOD. When left unchecked, PCOD can lead to many more problems such as diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and even endometrial cancer. PCOD can also result in difficulties at the time of conception and lead to miscarriages if not treated properly.
You can have a baby even if you have PCOD
A PCOD diagnosis can make it hard to get pregnant, but does not limit your ability to conceive a healthy baby. If the patient has fertility problems because of PCOD, doctors often prescribe treatments to stimulate the ovaries into producing more eggs. Women with PCOD are often recommended to plan an early pregnancy, as advancing age adds to the limited capacity of the ovaries.
Lastly, know that you aren't alone and PCOD should not embarrass you. Instead of bottling up your feelings and thoughts, find supportive friends and family members that you can talk to. You can also find support online through a number of discussion forums.