Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. GeetanjaliYour feedback matters!
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
Feel free to drop a personal message for any queries
We usually do not bother about how we are sleeping as long as we are having a sound sleep. But are you aware of the fact that way we sleep and the side we sleep on, has positive as well as negative effect on our health be it left side, right side, back or on stomach. Out of these, most of health benefits are attached with sleeping on your left side.
Benefits of sleeping on your left side:
- Prevents snoring.
- Pregnant women get the advantage of better blood circulation, flowing of blood to uterus, fetus, and kidneys and relief from back ache.
- Helps in proper digestion after meals.
- Gives relief to people having back and neck pain.
- Helps in filtering and purifying toxins, lymph fluids and wastes.
- Prevents serious illness as accumulated toxins are flushed out easily.
- Liver and kidneys work better
- Smooth bowel movements
- Reduces workload on heart and its proper functioning
- Prevents acidity and heartburn
- Prevents fatigue during morning
- Fats gets digested easily
- Positive impact on brain
- It delays onset of Parkinson's and Alzheimer
- It is also considered to be the best sleeping position according to Ayurveda.
Everyone has a different habit of sleeping and it might be difficult for them to change it. But now that we know about so many benefits of sleeping on the left side, we must give it a try. After all, it's a question of getting healthier day-by-day and it will be no-big change if you make efforts. So, till now if you were sleeping on either right side, back or on stomach, try sleeping on your left side and see the benefits you get. Keep a check!
Hi, How to make bone stronger and always feel no energy, get a back pain and foot pain during periods.
Sexuality has fascinated people in all walks of life from antiquity to the present. Healthy sexual functioning plays a fundamental role in maintaining harmony and happiness in married life. It is the most essential to fill the procreational, recreational and relational aspects of life.
It provides a means to express love, which is the basis for all kinds of creative activities. The absence of which hinders the marital relationship that leaves the frustration, at some point ends in divorce and causes inefficiency in performing routine duties.
Infertility is defined as failure to achieve a pregnancy after a year of unprotected regular intercourse with the same partner. Infertility also affects men and women. Living a healthy lifestyle is important for fertility. Lifestyle factors can affect a man’s fertility, and many of these factors are things that a man can control. Leading a healthy lifestyle improves not only the possibilities of conceiving but also improves overall health.
Ayurveda, the science of life, prevention and longevity, is the oldest and most complete holistic medical system available in the world. Its basic principles can be found in the Hindu scriptures called the Vedas, the ancient Indian books of wisdom written more than 5,000 years ago.
Ayurveda uses the principles inherent in nature to help preserve the health of a person by keeping the body, mind and spirit of the person in perfect balance with nature.
Ayurveda has developed a special branch to deal with the problems of infertility known as Vajikarana, which means: make us potent as a vaji “horse”. The name derives from the fact that horses have always been a symbol of virility in ancient cultures.
Ayurveda states that reproductive health depends on the health of shukra and atharv dhatu, or reproductive tissue, in both men and women respectively. In women tissue atharv produces the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and men produce semen.
The quality of the breeding juices is directly related to the quality of the other tissues. The physical body consists of seven tissues (dhatu): plasma, blood, muscles, fat, bones, nerves and finally the reproductive tissue. The food we eat is metabolized in the digestive system and transformed – through agni, or fire – into nutrients for our body. These nutrients are what will make up the first tissue, plasma.
From there, the other tissues are being form one by one using as part of the subsequent tissue as the base material. The height of this process is reached when part of the reproductive tissue is transformed into an eighth tissue, subtle in nature, known as ojas (an essence that gives us immunity, brilliance, strength, splendor and vitality)
Infertility can often be associated with deficiency in the correct production of body tissues, poor quality of agni, as well as the presence of toxins due to inadequate diet and lifestyle.
There are two types of foods and herbs that help improve shukra dhatu, and thus help improve fertility. Some are called bringhana, and these foods strengthen the seven dhatus. The second type is called vrishya and these foods and herbs are for the shukra dhatu in particular. Bringhana foods are fresh organic fruits and vegetables, whole grains, milk proteins, soaked almonds and walnuts, natural sweets, juicy fruits like mangos and dried fruits like figs. Vrishya foods are asparagus, broccoli, happy cow’s milk and spices like cumin seeds and coriander, shatavari, kapikachu and kalamusli.
Types of vajikarana
Ayurveda considers all substances that enhance the sexual activity as vajikarana dravyas and may include herbs, ornaments, gold, silver, pearls, precious stones etc. Vajikarana dravyas include the following:
Semen enhancing like milk, ghee, gokshura, shatavari, yashtimadhu etc. Semen purifying like kushtha, sugar cane, bayberry etc. Promoting fertilization capacity in semen like brahmi, shatavari, katuka, guduchi etc. Libido increasing like akarakarabha, saffron, clove, garlic, pippali etc. Premature ejaculation preventing like nutmeg, ashwagandha, chandan, jatamansi etc.
Benefits of vajikarana therapy:
Increases the time span of erections. Cure erectile dysfunction. Prevents premature ejaculation. Stimulates man for sexual acts to satisfy females without getting tire. Transforms lean and impotent men into powerful and vigorous. Facilitates in procreation of healthy off springs. Increases sexual energy and strength like a horse. Increases will power, intellect and memory in addition to promoting a healthy body.
Hi, My wife is 5 weeks pregnant (1st trimester). We get pre-pregnancy tests done and as per HPLC test report there were few exceptions (not in normal range) as mentioned below. - RBC count: 5.04 mill/mm3 - MCV: 78.80 fl - MCH: 25.40 pg - RDW: 15.70% Could you please let me know if it is normal observation during pregnancy to high RBC and slight decrease in MCV and MCH ? Is there any thing to be worry ? /gaurav.
IGot my period last month on 19th but it didn't come in the flow it was more like blood spots showed it to the doctor she asked for a pregnancy test which I iget it done and report was negative she suggested me to wait. Now m worried as I haven't started chumming yet. What should iIdo o.
It is been 2 months my wife has suffered from infection in ovary. In previous month we were planning and after few days she's complained of frequent urination, sensations, and pain sometimes. By the time she got recovered through proper medication and just recently again we planned and the same thing occurred. I M worried and need to know whether the infection has occurred from me or by other means.
Hi I'm 21 years old female. My last period was on 28th of January 2016. Could you please tell me which date will I ovulate? If I want to conceive? And how many times should we have sex to become pregnant in month?
Diabetes is often considered as deadly as cancer. It is a disease that requires lifestyle changes and diet modifications. It is also a disease that affects almost the entire system of your body. Whether you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, it will do you a world of good to understand the effects of diabetes. Neurovascular damage is one of the most common effects, this means that diabetes will affect the nerves and blood supply of the body.
While Type 1 diabetes makes its presence felt much earlier and is hereditary quite often, Type 2 appears later in life with age and cumulative stress. The effects of diabetes are related to the duration of the disease. Therefore, people with Type 1 diabetes are more likely to have the symptoms early on and need to learn to manage them. Type 2 makes its appearance later, but needs good monitoring for the effects to not surface or prolong the severity of symptoms.
As we all know, all body systems are affected by diabetes, sexual health is no exception. Diabetes decreases blood supply and impacts the nerves in the genitals, thus causing a series of issues right from reduced libido and erectile dysfunction in males to vaginal dryness and painful coitus (perunia) in females.
Listed below are issues diabetic men and women face in terms of sexual health:
- Diabetes reduces testosterone levels, which is directly reflected in reduced libido. Altered nerve function does not provide proper signals to the penis and there is also reduced blood flow to the organ. Both these can diminish the chances of a good erection. Studies have shown that among men who have had diabetes for 10 years, about 50% have experienced erectile dysfunction.
- The affected nerve function also leads to difficulties in reaching a climax. Diabetes in men can additionally cause Peyronie's disease, which leads to a curved penis, and this leads to painful and difficult erections and coitus.
- It leads to reduced sexual desire due to testosterone levels. Vaginal dryness is very common in females with diabetes and therefore, there is a definite decline in the urge.
- The above mentioned neurovascular damage also prevents women from reaching a good climax, as the nerve supply is affected.
- Diabetes also increases the predisposition to urinary tract infections, which can lead to painful sexual experience due to additional vaginal dryness and itching.
Finally, as much as it may sound as a cause for concern, it is not. People with diabetes know that making small lifestyle changes can go a long way in terms of onset of symptoms, their severity, and the leading of a normal life. Modifications in diet and lifestyle to include healthy eating, reduced stress, and exercising are very useful. It is also very important to talk to your doctor about how your sexual health has changed with diabetes. It is a sensitive and private topic, but if you are concerned about it, then do not hesitate to seek help.