Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GeetanjaliYour feedback matters!
What to do if having dry patches over the face, while skin was too oily from the beginning and my age is 27. Please suggest.
My doctor prescribe me melano tx for improve my completion for 3 month I want to know its safe to have this tablets for long period.
I never smoke But my lips are dark React quickly to temperature Healthy & clean habits. Can you suggest me natural home remedies?
Skin is the body's most expansive organ, but a few people know how to take care of their skin properly. Between media hype and amateur beauty tips, it is hard to differentiate between myths and reality. For example, should you splurge on an expensive moisturizer or not? Here's the truth behind three common beauty myths.
- You need sunscreen only when you're outdoors on a sunny day: Sunscreen should be applied everyday whether you're indoors or outdoors. It is a misconception that we are safe from the sun's UV rays when we're indoors. However, UV rays are of two types. While the UVB rays that causes sunburn are blocked by walls, we are still vulnerable to the UVA rays indoors. UVA rays are responsible for skin ageing and skin cancer. Similarly, on cloudy days, we are safe from UVB rays but still need protection from UVA rays. Ideally, your sunscreen should have a minimum SPF of 20-30. If you don't like applying makeup over sunscreen, pick makeup products that are enriched with SPF. You need to moisturize and tone your skin everyday.
- No two people have the same skin requirements: While it may work for a person with dry skin to moisturize their skin every day, this may be detrimental for someone with oily skin. If you have oily skin, look for a lotion instead of creams, but if your skin is dry, you definitely need a cream based moisturizer. Similarly, a toner is great for oily skin but can disturb the PH balance of dry skin. Also take a look at the climate before you moisturize your skin. Moisturizing your face regularly in a humid area can lead to breakouts, while using a toner in dry weather can make the skin rough.
- Makeup causes acne: Makeup aficionados can breathe a sigh of relief; wearing makeup for extended durations does not lead to acne. The way you use your makeup and the type of product you use are the villains here. Contrary to popular belief, foundation is designed not to be absorbed into skin pores but to form a layer over the skin. Using expired products is also one of the main causes of acne. The other reason makeup is thought to trigger acne is because, if you go to sleep with makeup on, you may wake up with a breakout. This is because not washing your face, clogs your skin pores with the day's grime and dirt.
I have black dot like something on my upper lips they are spreading on my face what is the way to get rid from this.
Sir I am a students and my age is 24 year old . My disease is that my hand palm and leg palm are black since last 8 year please suggested me.
My skin is very oily & also pimples are all over my face. What can I do to remove pimples and get glowing skin. Please advise.
Sir, mere sari body me ganth ho rahi hai. Iska kya karn ho sakta hai. Koi madical check up karva na pade ka. Last time chest me hua ta bada to oparation karvaya tha. Uska report me aya tha ki charbi ki ganth hai. To sar a ge kya check karvayu.
Hello Sir, I am 32 years old female I am mother of 2 babies from last one year I found that my skin loose its glow and I have fine lines around my neck areas please suggest me the best cream which replish my skin. I have normal skin.
I have acne scar on my face, so whats best medicine or solution to get rid of that and even my pores on face are visible, and its quite big big pores. Please help me.
I am 24 years old. I have rashes in my body. I used many relievers but of no use. What is the remedy of it? What should I do.
I m 28years female suffering from dark circles N after one month of dnc my tummy N thigh area get affected from fat. What should I do Dr. to overcome with these 2 problems. Pls suggest some easy tips.
I am getting blood in stool and one nerve is paining a lot. What should I do to avoid in eating and what should I eat?
Skin issue. My skin is oillie. At some situation when my bp getting high I started sweeting from forehead. I need solution.
I am 25 year student. Nd sir my problem is my skin is so oily. So I request you to prescribe me some home rediments for make skin look clear.
What is photoaging?
Photo aging means premature skin aging caused by repeated exposure to ultraviolet radiation (UV rays) from the sun and artificial UV sources. Prolonged sun exposure accelerates the process of skin aging. The harmful UV rays damage the important proteins of the skin - collagen, elastin, and fibers which are responsible for the youthful skin.
Sunlight is the main source of UV light. Ultraviolet radiation is composed of uva, UVB, and UV rays. Uva rays penetrate the skin deeper, harming the epidermal layer and the dermis, also damaging the collagen and elastin tissues. Thus, uva rays are the culprit behind photoaging, which includes wrinkling, leathery, sagging and other light-induced aging. Uvb rays penetrate the epidermis causing sunburn. The uvc rays have more energy and do not get through our atmosphere. The UV rays damage the DNA of the cells causing mutations, leading to premature aging and skin cancers.
Early signs of photoaging-
- depigmentation and appearance of pigmented spots - freckles, lentigines
- fine lines around the eyes, mouth and frown lines on forehead
- spider veins on the face and neck
- loss of lip color and fullness
With continuous exposure to sunlight over the years, there is deepening of the creases and increase in a number of wrinkles. Skin becomes leathery and sags.
How can I prevent photoaging?
Photoaging is a cumulative process that happens over the years.
- avoidance of sunlight by staying indoors between 11am-3pm when the sun's UV rays are strongest
- sun protective clothing
- wear a broad spectrum sunscreen with a minimal SPF of 30 and repeated 2hourly application of the same
- sunscreen is to be applied to all the sun exposed areas face, ears, neck, lips, hands
How do I treat the photoaged skin?
- retinoid creams
- botulinum toxin (btx-a) injections
- hyaluronic acid fillers.