Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta RanaYour feedback matters!
How to lose breast fat with home remedies?
There are many home remedies that can help to reduce breast fat. Unlike prescription drugs, they don’t cause any side effects and since they make use of household ingredients, you can prepare them anytime at your kitchen shelf.
Here are some remedies for losing breast fat:
Flaxseeds – Flaxseeds have a very high amount of omega-3 fatty acids which help to reduce the level of estrogen in the body. With less estrogen in the body, the breast size is reduced. Tip – just mix a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds in a glass of hot water and drink it once daily.
Fenugreek – Fenugreek seeds can help to tone the breasts and make them look smaller. Just soak 3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds overnight and grind them in a grinder to obtain a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your breasts and rinse with water after 10 minutes. Do this twice a week for smaller breasts.
Ginger tea – Ginger helps to speed up the metabolism of the body and burn all the excess fat. Breasts are composed of adipose fatty tissue and this too gets burnt when the fats in the body are burnt. Boil 1½ cup of water in a pan and add a tablespoon of ginger root to it. Simmer for 5 minutes. Strain the liquid and sip it as tea. You may add a teaspoon of honey for added benefits. One cup of ginger tea every day is enough for reducing breast fat.
I am working in night shift from past 10 months. My weight has gone from 50 kgs to 46 kgs. Even the blood vessels on my face are becoming visible. I usually don't have breakfast due to the shift. Only have lunch and dinner and in the evening I have a glass of milk and some fruits as well. Please advise how to improve my diet so that my body remains fit, my face also glows and my weight is also balanced.
We had our sex in December, she got her menstrual period in January asusal, but her period was delay in February, is there a chance of pregnancy?
I am a 25 year old male. Recently i've been having a weird tingling sensation under my scrotum. It is not painful, just feels like suddenly blood is gushing through a vein and then stopping. Should I be worried? Could it be due to masturbation?
Am male, got married 2 years back, my doctor suggested to go for semen analysis, I dint get semen kindly suggest me.
Hi doctors, we are planning for child. Can you please suggest us for correct time period for planning. Ill get periods every month regularly. Last month I got 28 (july).
I am 30 years never take alcohol or cigarette, past one year affected from genital herpes, kindly suggest ?
A couple of decades ago, medical professionals believed that a lot of females could not climax at all. There are a number of reasons for this. It is easy for the male to know when he has achieved an orgasm, which usually happens with ejaculation, which is quite evident. For the females, on the other hand, it is not so evident. It is a perceived feeling and while the media showcase it in a particular way, reality is far moved from it.
There are various reasons why it is very difficult to pin this down. Orgasms are not just an elusive feeling for the woman, it is an elusive topic for the medical professionals too. Read on to know some of the common causes (more beliefs or notions) about this and some simple but effective ways of managing this.
- Private topic: Girls are very shy compared to boys and both their exposure to sex education and discussion about this is limited compared to boys. We might tend to think of it as common in India alone, but this is true across a vast number of countries. We are not alone! This shyness continues into their later years too, and unless transformed by the partner, it may continue to be a topic that is shunned.
- Purpose: Sex is more deemed as a form of procreation rather than for sex. Therefore, while sex is necessary for conception, orgasm is not. This is one more reason (strange but true) that orgasm is very elusive for a woman.
- Psychological factors: It could be guilt from past relationships or fear of past abuse. It could be fear of losing control or fear of coming across as vulnerable. For any of these reasons, women can have difficulties climaxing during the act.
Whatever the cause of the problem, the first step in coping up with the issue is to acknowledge the issue. Being a private topic, this is not something that is going to draw the person towards medical help. However, this needs to be discussed frankly with the partner or with the doctor. Getting the partner involved removes a lot of psychological barriers (guilt, fear, anxiety, etc.) This would result in natural ironing out of issues, improving the performance of both the people involved.
If that does not happen, seeking professional help, be it medical help to correct physical issues or counselling, is the next suggestion. A frank discussion will do wonders, and what was once elusive can be well within your reach.
I had sex with my girlfriend today evening. Before I could cum in her, I withdrew my penis from her vagina and ejaculated outside. But as we both were not sure if I have ejaculated in her, I gave her an I-pill to consume. This is after 10 mins of sex. Her last period ended on 30th may. The problem is now she is feeling vomiting sensation n tiredness. Pls let me know what is the cause of it. Urgent.
In India, statistics reveal that more than 92% of women suffer from gynaecological problems. Some of these problems may turn out to be more serious than you expected. Here are 5 danger signs you should watch out for that signal an immediate visit to your gynaecologist.
1. Painful sex
Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
2. Considerable bleeding during periods
If you bleed heavily during your periods, so much so that you have to change your sanitary napkin 2-3 times in just one to two hours, it’s a cause of concern. If this heavy menstrual flow is also accompanied with shortness of breath and rapid heart rate, you may be suffering from anaemia. In extreme cases (which is very rare), this can lead to extreme blood loss, which may require a blood transfusion.
3. Itchy vagina
Vaginal itching is very commonly ignored as most women consider it to be embarrassing, and as something that does not require any attention. However vaginal itching may be an indication of something more serious. Usually vaginal itching is a sign of fungal infection or a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. In the worst-case scenario, it can even be a sign of vulvar cancer (a cancer of the vulva, which is the external part of your vagina).
4. Abnormal vaginal odour
Abnormal vaginal odour, just like an itchy vagina, may be a sign of a bacterial infection. Sometimes vaginal odour may even be accompanied with a thick and heavy vaginal discharge. This usually indicates vaginal yeast infection (an infection caused by an increase in the number of yeast cells present in your vagina), and if ignored these infections can recur, making sex and urination very painful activities.
5. Lump in your breast
A lump in the breast, whether or not accompanied by a bloody discharge from your nipples, is most likely a warning sign of cancer. You should also watch out for any type of pain in your breasts or even an abnormal growth as all of these indicate the development of cancerous cells in the breasts.
Schedule an appointment with your gynaecologist if you experience any one of these symptoms. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi doctor im lincy.I got my last period on 16-02-15.Aftr that stil nw im not gt my periods.To times I checkd by pregnancy test bt it was negative .Today mrng also I checked bt it negative last to mth I was taking tab.Flunaracin 10 mg.Wther im pregnent or ?
1. Foods Belonging To Brassica Family
Consume Foods like cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, peanuts, cabbage, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, turnips, rutabagas, soybeans, spinach etc which contains goitrogens.
• Goitrogens helps to block the ability of thyroid to use iodine and hence slows down the activity of the thyroid.
• Eat raw cruciferous vegetables to get maximum benefit as goitrogens are active in the raw state.
2. Include More Berries
Add at least one serving of berries in your diet plan to control hyperthyroidism.
• Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries contain anti-oxidants which improves your immune system.
3. Omega -3- Fatty Acid And Proteins
Omega -3- fatty acid helps to control the hyper stimulated thyroid gland. Proteins are necessary for the building of muscles and to provide energy for the body. Protein sources also contain L-glutamine which helps in rebuilding the gut and de-inflaming the body.
• Eat cold water fish, flax seed oil and nuts to get the omega-3-fatty acid necessary for the body.
• Include soy, turkey, walnuts, salmon, tuna and trout in your hyperthyroidism diet.
4. Dairy Products
Hyperactivity of the thyroid gland can remove the calcium from your blood. The body compensates this loss by leaching calcium from the bones. This can cause osteoporosis.
• Include three servings of yoghurt, cheese, milk or cottage cheese in your daily diet.
5. Spinach And Collard Greens
If you are allergic to dairy products, you can get your daily supply of calcium from vegetable sources like spinach collard greens etc.
• Figs, prunes and sesame seeds are also excellent hyperthyroidism foods.
This is another vital component of hyperthyroidism diet. The hyperactive thyroid gland can deplete the zinc.
• Include almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts which are rich in Zinc in your diet.
7. Fiber Rich Foods And Anti Inflammatory Foods
Fiber rich foods are beneficial for the proper working of the thyroid gland. Anti inflammatory herbs help to reduce the inflammation of the thyroid which is the reason for hyperthyroidism.
• Include whole grain foods, like oatmeal, whole grain breads, brown rice etc in your food.
• The anti inflammatory herbs to be included in your diet are turmeric, ginger, rosemary, cinnamon and oregano.
8. Antioxidant Rich Foods And Vitamin D
It is also necessary to consume antioxidants and vitamin D rich foods in the diet. This will reduce the oxidative stress caused by hyperthyroidism. Vitamin D can reduce the inflammation and auto- immune reactions of the body.
• Avocados, olive oil broccoli etc contain antioxidants.
• Salmon is a good source of vitamin D. You can get your daily dose of vitamin D from eggs, mushrooms etc.
• Spend 20- 30 minutes in the sun to get the necessary vitamin D for the body.
9. Cassava, Sorghum, And Millet
These food items contain cyanogenic glucosides which blocks the iodine availability of the gland.
• These foods increase the immune function and gives protection from osteoporosis
10. Vitamin C And Vitamin E
These vitamins are helpful in reducing the oxidative stress caused by the hyperactivity of thyroid glands.
• All the citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C.
• Bell peppers, olive oil, wheat etc are a good source of vitamin E.