Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geeta Kinra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta KinraYour feedback matters!
Me an my partner had made unprotected relation on 7-12-2017 and that was her period's 3rd day. She did her pregnancy test by using prega News and found -ve She did the test on 22-12-2017 And now her periods are not coming. I am worry that she's may not have got pregnant. If she is pregnant what should I do to avoid pregnancy Please help me.
I have started taking primolut n since 2 days one pill per day so when will I get my periods? Is this tablet help me to prepare my periods or postpone.
After abortion what all ayurvedic treatment I should take. And what kashaya and lehyam I should take. Please suggest all process one by one. Daily what I want to take and what all oil I want to use and all.
I had an intercourse with my partner in the last week of April. Then I had took a contraceptive pill to avoid pregnancy then I had periods of 4 days with the dark colour of bleeding after 10 days of taking the pill. After that I got my periods again at 23 may which lasted for 2 days Then I also did the urine tests for three times and that too after long intervals. The result was negative every time. Now I'm expecting my periods to come soon but till now I'm not getting my periods. Is this is happening due to hormonal imbalance because of pill or I'm pregnant?
I get burning and swelling after the inter course with partner and I have baby of 2 years and its normal delivery.
IVF stands for In Vitro Fertilization and is a method of artificial insemination that dramatically increases the chances of pregnancy. It is one of the assisted reproductive technologies methods used as fertility treatment across the world where other methods have had drastic results.
In simpler terms, a man's sperm is inserted in woman's egg using controlled laboratory environment to proceed with fertilization. These embryos are then carefully put back into the mother's uterus after 4 to 5 days of fertilization in incubator in hopes that the embryo would grow in a full baby. The embryo transfer process needs to be carefully done in order for successful fertilization in the mother's womb.
There are many reasons why IVF is conducted:
- Poor sperm quality - Males having poor sperm quality are unable to achieve fertilization and increase the chances of conception with their female partners. This is male factor infertility due to which people move towards IVF.
- Fallopian tube problems - This is a female factor infertility, in which fallopian tubes either get blocked, or damaged making it complicated and stressful for the embryo to travel to the uterus.
One must approach IVF treatment with patience and a willingness to comply with all the tenets that the treatment is built upon. IVF clinics may vary the treatment a little according to what the patient's condition demands and different clinics may have different methods. The basic methods of IVF treatment however, remain the same. The first step to the treatment is to find the right clinic which complies with factors like availability of resources, cost and quality of treatment. After deciding the clinic, the next step is to understand that IVF treatment happens in cycles and the success rate of conception varies. Patients must also be ready to face any disappointment.
Here’s the short version of the steps involved in an IVF treatment cycle:
- Ovarian stimulation. Your doctor prescribes a course of drugs for you to take to stimulate your ovaries into hopefully producing 12 to 15 mature eggs.
- Monitoring of your drug response. To monitor the progress of your ovarian stimulation you undergo an ultrasound examination and blood tests.
- Egg maturation. Two days before your eggs are due to be collected you have a hormone injection, which triggers maturation of the eggs.
- Egg collection. You receive a light general anaesthetic for this simple, short procedure, and your doctor retrieves your eggs using an ultrasound-guided technique.
- Sperm production. On the day of egg collection, your partner provides a sperm sample.
- Fertilisation. The embryologist puts sperm and eggs together in the lab and, if all goes well, the eggs fertilise and early embryo development begins.
- Embryo transfer. Two to five days after egg collection, your doctor places one or two embryos in your uterus. Frozen transfer can be planned after a gap of 1 month.
- Embryo freezing. If you have additional embryos suitable for use, they can be frozen and kept for future transfers. Also, frozen embryos are available.
- Pregnancy test. About two weeks after embryo transfer you have a blood test to find out whether the treatment worked.
- If the test is positive, you have your first pregnancy scan two weeks later.
- If the test is negative, you and your partner need to talk to your doctor and decide whether to try the treatment again.
Green tea originated in China but is now widely used all over the world. The reason people prefer drinking green tea is because of its numerous health benefits. Let’s take a look at the many benefits of green tea:
- It aids in weight loss
The best Indian dietician says that, green tea helps you to lose weight. It increases our metabolism rate. Polyphenol is present in green tea which strengthens the rate at which our body turns fats into calories and also the levels of fat oxidation.
2. Helps with diabetes
Best weight loss diet plan for People suffering from diabetes can have a cup of green tea after a meal. Green tea helps to slow down the rise of blood sugar after eating.
3. Keeps skin healthy
Green tea contains antioxidants which are very good for our skin. Antioxidants delay the ageing process and make you look younger for longer. It also protects the skin from sun damage.
4 .Improves brain function
Lucknow dietician saysthat, Drinking green tea improves brain function. It makes you more alert since it contains caffeine, but not as much caffeine as in coffee. It makes your brain more active.
5. Prevents heart diseases
Green tea helps your blood vessels to stay relaxed and helps to withstand the changes in blood pressure. So drinking green tea is very useful in preventing heart diseases.
6. Oral health
Best dietician in india says that, Green tea has the ability to kill bacteria. Drinking green tea improves your oral health. It kills the bacteria that causes plaque and tooth decay. Drinking green tea also reduces bad breath. And thus promises you better oral hygiene and health.
Green tea is also known to fight stress and depression. It contains a component called thiamine which creates a calming effect on your body.
Even though this drink is very beneficial for your heal, you must take precautions before consuming it:
- Do not have more than two cups of green tea per day. Everything that is taken in moderation is good for you. But if you consume things in excess then something even as good as green tea can have side effects, such as:
- Upset stomach: Excess dose of caffeine can also lead to an upset stomach.
- Avoid taking it on an empty stomach. Best dietician says that, consuming green tea on an empty stomach can lead to toxicity. Have green tea after a meal or after you have eaten something. If taken before meals, it can cause acidity.
- Don’t consume green tea if you are pregnant. Green tea should be avoided by pregnant women or while you are nursing a baby. It can give rise to risks.