Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta JainYour feedback matters!
I have one year old breast feed baby. Now, I am thinking to take oral birth control contraceptive medicine. Someone suggest me OVRAL L medicine while some suggest SARAL or MALA D. Now I am confused, which medicine should I take? please suggest the one with least side effect. Also, such medicines are safe for my breast feed baby or not?
Uterine Fibroids are mainly tumor growths in the lower muscle area of the uterus. The case is mostly found in teenagers and also in women who are in the age of childbearing. Normally, such tumors are not cancerous but they can be very painful at times.
Symptoms of uterine fibroids
A slight pain in the lower abdomen during the menstruation period is normal due to passes of the blood. But if it is the case of uterine fibroids, then a number of other symptoms are also noticed. Some of the symptoms that are there in case of uterine fibroids are:
- Prolonged amount of bleeding from the uterus,
- Extensive pain in the uterus during the menstruation period,
- Pressure is created on the urinary bladder that leads to urination at frequent intervals,
- Constipation due to pressure on the rectum,
- Anaemia and also chronic backache.
Medicines for uterine fibroids
Often many people take such pain situations to be normal and they try various natural home remedies to get instant relief. But such remedies provide temporary relief the symptoms start again after some time. There are some allopathic medicines that are also helpful in instant relief but for a complete cure, the patient needs to go for a surgery of the tumor. In case if you do not wish to go for the surgery procedure, then you can trust some of these homoeopathic medicine options.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This medicine is often prescribed to women to face problems of menstruation periods going on for long and excessive amount of bleeding. Such women also face from cold feet and chilling sensations during the menstruation period. Also, this medicine can be consumed by women who are a bit overweight.
- Thlaspi Bursa Pastoris: This particular medicine is for women who face menstruation period at short frequent intervals. It may also happen that the patient has not yet overcome the already over periods and again the periods may start after just a few days. This leads in lot of severe pain and cramps in the uterus as well as at the back. For such issues, Thlaspi Bursa Pastoris is the best option.
- Trillium Pendulum: There are many cases when other things such as the amount of blood and the frequency of the menstruation period may remain proper but the patient may face some other unusual problem. The medicine Trillium Pendulum is prescribed to patients who face a smelly menstruation discharge.
- Fraxinus Americana: This particular medicine is rarely prescribed because it is for patients with rare symptoms of uterine fibroids. There are some rare cases when the patient may feel sensations during the passes of the menstrual flow. This may get accompanied by cramps in the feet.
Uterine Fibroids is the most commonly found disease these days. But avoiding the symptoms can lead to severe cases and hence choosing a safe way of treatments such as homeopathic is the best solution. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello , I had sex with my partner on 29 may and on that day my periods . Now my date 30 june but till I can't get my periods . Is there is a chances of pregnancy Pls give solution I don't want this.
I did pregnancy test. One line is clearly visible and the other is visible but not clearly. What is the result then? Positive or negative?
I have anal sex with my gf for first time. I want to know that what should I prescribe to my gf that will reduce the swollen. because when I did it the blood comes.
HI My wife suffering from Breathing problem,its not constant some times she faces this problem,what to do?
I am 29 year. I have no child. My marriage was 2009. My piriod date was last 16 june. This month my tommy is biggar from last week. And white water comes. Should this is pregnancy simtoms? can I test before 16 th?
My son 7 year old and next pregnant was on 17 dec 2015 last period stay on 16 march and miss baby in abortion 17 March. Next baby ke liye kab tak plan karna chahiye.
I am a 18 years girl I have saviour stomach pain during 1st day of menses may I know the reason. Could you please give me some solutions.
She is now 17. But her cycle is not normal. Tests are normal like thyiored, etc. Being a mother I am always worried about her. What can I do.
I have pcod, I used medicines for 1 month, I got my periods regular& this month I got my periods before 1 week of the date, is that a sign of curing pcod?
Hello sir Meri Friend woh hamesa. Sex. Liy. Exiting. Rhti. H. But. Sir masturbate . Karti hai week mein. 4bar. I am worried about it as she is just 25 years old and is it safe for her ?
My wife is having low sex interest, what would be the preferable sex enhance medicine for her, please suggest.
Homeopathic treatment is one of the most natural and effective modes of treatment for a number of diseases and disorders. However, there should be a restriction on certain kinds of food when you are under homeopathic medication. Homeopathic medicines are consumed orally, and the tiny globules get absorbed in the oral cavity, and thus it is recommended that you keep away from food substances with a strong smell and taste. If a minimum gap is not maintained between having food and taking of the medicines, effective results will not be provided.
It has been explained that if you do not intake any food material half an hour before and after taking homeopathic medicines, no harm is done on the effect of the medicine. There is a controversy regarding coffee and homeopathic medicines, but coffee is quite safe to have, but you must keep the timing in mind and maintain the half an hour gap. The same applies to onions, garlic, ginger and other strong-smelling food items. However, in the case of certain homeopathic medicines, coffee acts like an antidote. This is because there are medicines, which are prepared using coffee in crude and roasted forms. You should ask your homeopath about it when he gives you a certain homeopathic medicine.
As long as you are following the half an hour before and after rule, there are no such food restrictions when you are under homeopathic medication. However, in case of certain diseases where the homeopathic cure is used, the intake of several common food items increases the intensity of the disease. For this, you must take several dietary precautions until you start experiencing results from homeopathic medicines.
Foods to be avoided when taking homeopathic treatment for below diseases:
- Respiratory disorders: While you are undergoing a homeopathic treatment for respiratory disorders such as cough and cold, avoid cold drinks, ice cream or any chilled food item.
- Skin disorders: In case of skin disorders, you should avoid rich, spicy food or artificially flavored food of any kind. You should also abstain from non vegetarian food if you want homeopathic medicines to work effectively.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Keep away from spicy and pungent food and also avoid fried, oily foods while taking homeopathic medicines for gastrointestinal problems. Alcohol should also be abstained from.
- Vitiligo: For effective homeopathic treatment for vitiligo, avoid eating unripe, sour fruits. Avoid anything sour such as curd or yoghurt. Also consume fewer amounts of fish and seafood.
Usually, there are no such food restrictions for homeopathic medicines as long as you maintain the half an hour rule, before and after the intake of a homeopathic medicine.
Having a healthy sex life is as important as being healthy physically and mentally. Regular intercourse can give you a longer lifespan, boost your immune system, give you better sleep and help you manage stress more effectively. When it comes to sex, variation is the key in keeping the spark alive between couples. Some people may find sex toys an interesting way of expressing themselves and stimulating themselves or their partners.
Today, sex toys can be easily bought online or offline with most people preferring the former. Some of the sex toys easily available in India include vibrators, role play costumes, dildos, anal stimulants, adult games, etc. Sex toys can be used by both men and women on their own or with their partners. While there is no proven health benefit to using these sexual aids, it can increase your sexual pleasure in a number of ways including
- An increased chance of orgasming for women: Women often find it hard orgasming with traditional vaginal intercourse. Hence toys that offer clitoral stimulation may make it easier for a woman to climax and may even increase the intensity of her orgasms.
- Increased intimacy: Introducing a sex toy into your relationship can increase intimacy by making sex more enjoyable and fun.
- Less pressure on performance: This is true especially in the case of men who have performance anxiety. Knowing that you can please your partner with a sex toy reduces the pressure on you to be able to please him or her. The use of a vibrator can also cut down foreplay time thus helping men who complain of premature ejaculation. The use of a dildo can also help a couple have longer intercourse in the case of men who suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Increased self-awareness: Using sex toys can give you a better understanding of your body and how it is most aroused.
The effect of sex toys on sexual pleasure
Sexual pleasure is like food and sleep for the body. It soothes and relaxes the mind and body, eliminates stress and is great for your cardiovascular system, brain and nerves. Sexual pleasure is also not a non-sided affair reserved for men. And the sex toy industry is the forerunner of sexual equality by being female-centric. There are more sex toys in the market today for women than men. Let’s take a quick look at a few of the sex toys in the market for men and women, shall we?
- Vibrators: These sex toys are meant to make women orgasm. They come in different shapes and sizes and their types include
- Clitoral vibrators: These stimulate the clitoris. A few of them also have a point on the end for pinpointed clitoral stimulation; most of them though are designed to fit snugly on the vulva or the outer part of the female genitalia.
- Rabbit vibrators: These stimulate both the clitoris and the G-spot. This can be done either at the same time or one at a time.
- Vibrating Eggs: Also called bullet vibrators, these are as small as an egg and are designed to be used externally to stimulate the clitoris. These can also be used inside the vagina, which makes them excellent for beginners.
- G-spot vibrators: These are internal vibrators that focus on the G-spot. They have a curved tip to stimulate the G-spot.
- Finger vibrators: They are also used to put direct pressure on the clitoris while wearing them on a finger.
- Wearable vibrators: These can be worn inside the panties to stimulate the clitoris.
- Couple vibrators: They are used by couples during sex. These are designed in such a way that one part stimulates the clitoris and the other part goes inside the vagina and stimulates the G-spot, while the penis is inside at the same time. This way both partners feel the vibrations.
- Pulsators: ?Pulsators are the latest type of sex toys for women. They are more than mere vibrators as they mimic the back and forth movement of penetration. Pulsators can be used both vaginally and anally for sexual pleasure.
- Dildos: Dildos are penetrative sex toys and they do not always vibrate. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes which mean that you can choose one that works for you.
- Anal toys: These include anything that goes inside the anus. These toys enhance sexual pleasure during the sexual act by going inside the anus and stimulating the nerve endings there. Dildos can also be used as anal toys. As they move back and forth, they can be used to achieve orgasm. Butt plugs, another anal toy stays put and creates a sensation of fullness. Some of them also vibrate for extra stimulation! Anal beads are a string of beads that increase in size. These can be inserted in the anus for stimulation.
- Penis toys for men:
- Penis rings are worn around the base of the penis. These work by constricting blood flow so that erections last longer, producing more intense orgasms.
- Masturbators: These are essentially ‘sleeves’ or tubes that provide extra ribbing and texture while masturbating. A few masturbation sleeves vibrate for more pleasure.
How to increase the pleasure of the toys by adding herbal aphrodisiacs?
The use of herbal aphrodisiacs that can be imbibed while using sex toys has enhanced both the quality of orgasms and their length. A few herbal aphrodisiacs that you can include with the use of sex toys are
- Ashwagandha: Studies show that Ashwagandha stimulates the production of a chemical called DHEA or dehydroepiandrosterone. This is a hormone which is converted by your body into testosterone and estrogen. Hence, ashwagandha is an excellent sex enhancer. Take 2 to 4ml twice a day for sexual bliss.
- Asparagus: In French history, they say that the bride and groom-to be ate asparagus three times a day before their wedding to increase their libido for the wedding night. Why Asparagus works as an aphrodisiac is because it has aspartic acid that helps to neutralize extra ammonia found in our bodies which is responsible for weakness and sexual disinterest.
When using sex toys, it is important to remember that these toys are not meant to replace human partners. It is also crucial to use these toys carefully and to ensure that they are always kept clean. Washing it with a soap and water solution is usually enough to clean the toys and the use of harsher chemicals should be avoided. Do not share your toys with others as this can lead to the transference of STDs and other diseases. You may also consider using a lubricant with sex toys. In addition, you could also use herbal aphrodisiacs to increase your pleasure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.