Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geeta Jain
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta JainYour feedback matters!
- Macroscopic haematuria, which means the patient has seen blood.
- Microscopic dipstick haematuria, which means blood is identified by urine microscopy or by dipstick testing either in association with other urological symptoms (symptomatic microscopic haematuria) or during a routine medical examination. It has been variably defined as 3 or more , 5 or more or 10 or more Red Blood Cells (RBCs) per high - power field.
Urological and other Causes of Haematuria
- Cancer: Bladder, Kidney and Prostate Cancer
- Stones: Kidney, Ureteric
- Bladder Infections: Bacterial tuberculosis, infective urethritis Inflammation
- Interstitial Cystitis Trauma : Kidney, bladder, urethra, pelvic fracture causing urethral rupture
- Renal cystic disease: (e.g. medullary sponge kidney)
- Other urological causes: Benign prostatic hyperplasia, vascular malformations
- Other medical causes of haematuria: anticoagulation therapy (e.g. asprin, antiplatelet therapy) Nephrological Causes: more likely in children and young adults, proteinuria; red blood cell casts.
- Urological investigations: Urine culture, urine cytology, cystoscopy, renal ultrasonography and intravenous Urography and CT Urography.
Management of haematuria depends on the cause as determined by the urologist.
Hi, I'm 26 year old female. I got my laparoscopic surgery 3 months back for having endometriosis and PCOD disease. After surgery doctor adviced me to take zoladex 3.6 mg depot injection. After how many months can I try for a baby?
I am having many issues - Oedema of both hands with pain, No Menses Since 6 Months, Hair loss without dandruff, foot pain with tenderness, warts on neck and checks with acanthosis nigra Weakness and Nervousness in the early morning and Nights.
Hi, this question is for my friend. She got her periods on 9th August so her next date was 9th September. She had unprotected intercourse on 11th and 12th of august which is supposed to be a safe day. She did not get her periods on 9th of september so she underwent hCG blood test on 21st September. And the result was negative (beta level less than 2). But till now she has not got her periods. What next steps should be taken to get ensured 100% she is not pregnant? Please guide.
I am having pcos and I am taking Osure m of harmonica. In that the indegrents are myo instol mecobalamin and metformin. And that too much taking it from last 5 months. I become so bulky with this. And still having irregular periods. I am unmarried.
I had sex with my hubby yesterday's afternoon on first stage he discharge his sperms into my vagina but after some time that sperms came out and on second time the sperms are again discharged into my vagina but that time it did not come. So should I take any contraceptive pill or not? Because we are not planning a baby. Please advise.
She is pregnant from last four months but now these days she feel immediate little pain daily at lower part of abdomen what is the reason.
Cerebral palsy and occupational therapy
In order to recover the skills that are required for leading an independent and a satisfying life after any injury or disease, an occupational therapist is required. The word occupation refers to the tasks which one has to perform everyday not to one’s profession. Muscle and joint coordination issues can be fixed with the help of occupational therapy in case if kids .These include the daily activities like eating, brushing using the toilet. With the help of OT your cognitive and social abilities and even your motor skills will improve at a very good rate.
How is this beneficial for children with cerebral palsy?
Occupational therapy will be helpful to the children who are specially suffering from cerebral palsy. These benefits includes:
- It will increase the chances of making your child more independent.
- It will boost their ability to play as well as to learn.
- The self esteem and the confidence of your child will readily increase.
- They’ll have a sense of accomplishment.
- Their quality of life will improve as well.
- This is also beneficial for the parents as well. It will reduce your stress and will provide you with a sense of security.
What to expect?
Occupational therapy is different for different children who have cerebral palsy. It depends on one’s physical, intellectual and social emotional abilities .The first session is basically done for evaluation where your child’s fine motor and will be observed how your child responds to touch or any kind of movement. The parents are also interviewed in order to find out about the strengths and the weaknesses of your child. For children with cerebral palsy, a revaluation should be done in every 7-8 months in order to see the progress and change the treatment plan accordingly as per the improvement .The operational therapist will use some specific techniques which will help your child to improve very quickly and reach their destination.
These techniques are :
Paediatric constraint induced Movement therapy: This therapy helps your child to move the weaker parts of the body by restraining the stronger counterpart. If you child has a difficulty in moving one of the arms then the stronger arm will be restrained and the weaker arm will be trained in order to gain the strength.
Sensory integration therapy: This type of therapy will help your child to improve the ability bro receive , interpret and act on the information and situations that comes in your child’s brain with the help of sensory receptors .
Occupational therapy has been a very important part in improving the physical and the mental discomfort faced by your child when he or she is suffering from cerebral palsy. The therapist may even provide your child with some gadgets in order to make his /her daily life easier and more independent. This helps your child to improve and gradually get better at it without any sort of negativity. While you’re looking for a OT make sure the person has enough experience and knowledge, just to ensure that your child gets the right treatment.