Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gautam MajumdarYour feedback matters!
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.
Hello doctor, my daughter is 9 months old, She weighs around 6.5 kg she is underweight so please tell how to increase.
My 74 year old brother had a cyst removed from bladder and based on biopsy report he has been advised radiation. It is stage 2. My question is how many radiation to be given. Hair fall happens due to radiation?
In India, 2% of urban children are obese, 8-10% are overweight and the number of children likely to be obese is on the rise. Junk food seems to be the major cause behind this recent trend.
Low in nutrient but high on calories, junk food has been found to adversely affect not only energy levels but also brain function. With junk food being easily available, it could be tough to keep your child away from it while nudging him on to eat healthily. However, there are ways in which you can keep your child away from junk food, and consequently lifestyle diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular problems etc. Read on...
1. Always keep healthy snacks easily accessible
Children have a tendency to have foods that are visible and easy to reach. So, if you have packaged foods that your child can get his hands on very easily, it’s time to remove them. From vegetables, fruits to wholegrain crackers, such healthy snack options should be within the reach of your child. Place them in easy to reach food cabinets or on the lower shelves of the fridge, so that whenever your child feels hungry, he can go straight for them rather than opting for unhealthy food options.
2. Say no to junk food when at home
You have the power to create a home environment where you can control what can be eaten and what goes into your pantry. The home should be a place where healthy food should be in and junk food should be out. This way, you get to control the amount of junk food your child has as well as present healthier alternatives to him.
3. Don’t reward your child with junk food
It is very common for parents to reward their children with junk food. This shouldn’t be done as it only makes junk food an even more appealing option for children. Instead opt for non-food rewards such as extra pocket money, or a new toy etc.
Moreover, you shouldn’t use junk food as a bargaining chip either, i.e. by telling him he can have an ice cream if he eats his vegetables first. This would do more harm than good as your child would find processed foods more appealing and healthy food alternatives less appealing.
4. Lead by example
In order for your child to eat healthily, you need to lead by example. Limit your own consumption of junk food first. If you want to take your child away from junk food, you need to be a role-model yourself. Furthermore, it is good to include your child on your plans for healthy eating as it allows them to have a say in what they would and wouldn’t like to eat instead of foodstuffs being imposed on them. Make a meal plan together to figure out healthier eating alternatives for your child.
5. Teach moderation to your child
Don’t completely ban junk food as this move can backfire. This is because, by doing so, the moment your child gets the opportunity to have junk food items, he will most likely overindulge. On the other hand, teach him about moderation and the importance of having small quantities of this type of food from time to time.
Teaching your child to eat healthily is not an easy task, but is also not impossible to achieve. With a little bit of guidance and perseverance, you can easily achieve the goal of keeping your child away from junk foods.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Sir my baby is born 4 months ago with cleft lip and palate kindly advice me best doctor in Hyderabad for treatment thanks.
My baby gal hav to take 6 weeks vaccination as follows Opv1/opv1+ipv1 Dtwp1/dtap1 Hib1 hepatitis b2 Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine1 Rotavirus1 I want to know painless vaccine and its cost and normal cost also. Regards.
Hi sir. My baby is 15 months old. He had a vaccine of typbar psv on 31 /1/16 from a good doctor in delhi And yesterday only I.e on 19th June one of the doctors in haryana applied him the 2nd doze. Of typbar psv and a doze of MMR 1$ ,he is having pain on his right leg and he vomited 2 times yesterday after eating some solid. He is having fever also.
My daughter is 8 years old and reads in class 2, her problem is se cannot remember her lessons. Does this have any remedy.
Hi. My baby is 12 days old. I feed her 2 hours once, I am feeding her for 1 hour even then she is crying for milk when I feed her again she stops crying. Is my milk insufficient to her? Wat should I do? And she is crying more in night times. I am worried lot. Pls advise.
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
Here are a few ways of dealing with the effects of tragedies on kids:
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded with people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, but you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bed time and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel the crisis as less as possible, so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Diabetes is a long term disease. Homeopaths resorts to different approaches towards diabetes. When the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it. There are homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar. Another approach is to understand the patient’s profile through a patho- physiological profiling and resort to treatment of his illness. There is yet another approach to understand the patient in depth through a detailed case taking, crate a profile at his physical, mental, social and spiritual level (holistic approach) and then select a constitutional remedy. Each of these approach has its own scope and limitations. The physician has to take a decision as to what approach is needed on a patient depending on his general health, progress of disease, complications, the organs affected etc. Here’s discussing the four approaches:
1) Management of blood sugar
The commonly used remedies are uranium nitricum, phosphoric acid, syzygium jambolanum, cephalandra indica etc. These are classical homeopathic remedies. These are used in physiologically active doses such as mother tincture, 3x etc. Depending up on the level of the blood sugar and the requirement of the patient.
Several pharmaceutical companies have also brought in propriety medicines with a combination of the few homeopathic medicines. Biochemic remedies which is a part of homeopathy advocates biocombination no 7 as a specific for diabetes. Another biochemic medicine natrum phos 3x is widely used with a reasonable success in controlling the blood sugar. Scientific studies on the impact of homeopathic medicines in bringing down blood sugar are limited, but many of the above remedies have some positive effects either as a stand-alone remedy or as an adjunct along with other medications.
2) Holistic as well as individualistic approach in medicine through homeopathy
This is a unique concept in homeopathy. Even though it may sound strange, homeopathy does not treat pathological effect of the disease per se. A homoeopath treats the patient taking into consideration the mental, emotional and physical peculiarities of the person who is afflicted with pathological state. He considers diseases are a mere deviation in life force and make efforts to correct this aberration. Homeopathy regards health as a state of balancing the equilibrium of the life force and the physicians’ duty is to support the individual to maintain a harmony in health (promotive health), restore the sick to health through a rational medication (curative health) and prevent diseases whereever needed (preventive health). There is a defined philosophical approach in each of the above areas and therefore homeopathy in true sense is called holistic system of medicine. It is also known as experienced medicine because all the medicines that are used on the patients are subjected to human trial and assured of its safety even in infants. The medicines are being used for over two centuries and not even one instance of adverse drug reaction has ever been reported.
3) Constitutional treatment
Hahnemann who published his work on chronic diseases and its cure advises to give more importance to the patients past and family history to understand the genesis of illness and to prescribe constitutional medication. In the modern terminology this could be said as the genetic preponderance or modification due to the patient’s life style or circumstances or due to suppression of illness in the past. The homeopaths, therefore take long hours to understand the patient’s history to understand the constitution, temperament, history of suppression etc to arrive on a constitutional medication. This approach is unique to homeopathy and a little time consuming. It also require extreme skill, perseverance, knowledge and experience. Constitutional remedies acts deeper into the system and correct the inherent disorder of the individual. Thus the constitutional remedy not only cures the disease, but improves individual’s health in general. If patients with diabetes take his constitutional remedy, it will not only help to control his sugar metabolic process, but also the tissue to absorb and assimilate the sugar and try to make other organs function perfectly.
4) Promotive approach to diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by lifestyle modifications. Some of the easy tips are:
Eat small meals every 2-3 hours regularly instead of consuming large meals. Prefer to steam your vegetables rather than fry them. Reduce the consumption of sugar, alcohol and fatty foods in your diet
Eat fiber rich foods like whole grains, pulses and reduce your intake of oil. Avoid fried foods.
The lifestyle modifications that can be followed by everyone are regular exercise for at least half an hour. Prefer to climb stairs rather than using elevators or escalators unless there is any heart ailments. Avoid sitting in same position for longer duration at your workplaces. Take short breaks. Practice yoga at home in case it is not possible to go outdoors and indulge in household chores in order to keep yourself active and fit.
Even a patient who is suffering from type ii diabetes can follow life style medications and resort to regular medications under strict supervision of a qualified homeopath, will escape the serious complications of diabetes and keep his disease under control.
Dear mam/sir my son is 9 months old. I am feeding him morning rice with dall evening milk bikes biscuits and night cerelac. Now I want to change night schedule shall I feed him night also food. I mean morning and night food and noon cerelac. Does it will be digested for him.
Hi. One of the girl parent were suffering from HIV disease. And they are no more now. Will that be spread to their children any time in their life? Will it affect the future generation?
My child us 4 month old and his weight is 8 kg. Is this weight appropriate for 4 month baby? Or increased weight be symptoms of deficiency of vitamin D? Can deficiency of vitamin D causes increased weight?
Hi, I am Dr Chavvi Bansal. And I am practising homoeopathy in Homeopathy and wellness, Pitampura.
Today I would like to discuss Homeopathy and the various childhood diseases and Impact of homoeopathy in various childhood infections. As we know that children are more disposed to infections and they develop diseases readily because they have low immunity and they are more prone to infections. Homeopathy treatment works on the same and it boosts the child's immunity, not to take these infections and fight with them effectively. Commonly found childhood diseases are respiratory diseases are tonsillitis, prolonged bronchitis, prolonged cough, constipation, diarrhoea and gas problems. Children are also more prone to eczema and hives. Bedwetting is also one of the most common childhood diseases, but we have a good homoeopathic treatment for all such diseases.
Coming to the homoeopathic management.
Homeopathic medicines are not just mild and safe but also boosts the child's immunity. So, it basically makes the body immunity strong, so not to take infections or fight them effectively. Also, Children are very soft. Giving them hard medicines will not only affect them in a negative way but also hamper their growth. Hence, it is always advised to give them a homoeopathic treatment.
Homeopathy has given wonderful results on children diseases. It has also been found to increase the child's immunity to its best. It also helps to prevent surgery for adenoids and tonsillitis.
For more queries related to such problems, please feel free to contact me through Lybrate.