Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. GAUTAM KUMARYour feedback matters!
Sir, My daughter cornea thickness is 409 and 412. Is it fit for lasik surgery. Doctor is saying that this is not fit for lasik. Please advise.
Hello sir. I work on computer. I used to wear glasses. My glasses number is 1.75 and 1.50. I checked my eye in eye glass maker shop 1. Year before. Now from a month I m facing problem in my eye like pain, irritation, jalan, sometimes headache etc. Please advise. Is it my eye site number has increased. What should I do this time to improve my eyes site. Can I remove spectacle from my eye forever. Please suggest me. Give me tips for decrease eye side number. Thanks sohrab ali.
I am basically a Web/App developer and a student too. I spend about 3-5 hours daily for my part time job but recently I have been sticked with some problem in my eyes. I start having tears in my eye while working on laptop, smartphone or during studies. I recently approached an ophthalmologist and he offered me a Anti-Reflective coating lens with -0.25 D and told me that the problem will be solved. He gave me advice that wear these glasses while working on devices and during studies. But still I am encountering the same problem. Please tell me what could I do as irritation, tears start pouring from my eyes. While writing this issue also I get the same problem. Please tell me the solution to the problem. Any medicine or a home treatment or any precaution or any advice. Please suggest as quickly as possible.
Last five days I am suffering for right side eye allergy. Eye side quite red. Which eye drops are suitable at this time.
I have always pain in my eyes and due to it always having headache and also I am lo use to b hungry cause I am unable to eat proper diet.
I am suffering from hypermetrophia. I want to consult from you that how can I release from this disease. It really irritate me. When I wear spectacles. And my parents don't allow me to wear contact lenses. They feel that it is dangerous to my eyes. I want some suggestion that how could I can get free from my spectacles.
Hi there are any other person is an excellent idea what to say that I can see a lot of the organisation and a bit t to the right thing to remember the name of a problem with what you want me to be a bit like.
My eyesight is weak since 4 years. My weak point is 2.0 in both eyes. I am wearing glasses. Please give me suggestions to improve it.
I have alot of unwanted facial hair under my eyes. How can I reduce hair growth there? Laser is very expensive for me. Kindly tell me some home remedies for thinning or reduction of unwanted facial hair. Secondly I have a very dull face. I want a glowing skin without any dark circles and flawless complexion. Kindly tell how can I achieve the same?
Most of us take our eyes for granted. It has been often noticed that an individual splurges on expensive sunglasses for looking smarter. But, when it comes to the health of eyes, he or she is either ignorant or simply reluctant to do anything. This tendency is bad for the health of your precious eyes.
Remember, how you use them to stare at the screens of your gadgets all day long. Take out some time from your busy schedule and take care of your eyes. They are precious and vulnerable too.
Follow the tips below to keep your eyesight intact till your dying day:
- Eat right for a good vision: It is very important to provide the right and sufficient amounts of nutrients to your body for developing or maintaining a good eye sight. Include nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E in your regular diet to boost your eyesight. Food items like green and leafy vegetables, salmon, tuna, and other oily fish, eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources, oranges and other citrus fruits or juices and oysters and pork are excellent for the eye. The intake of a balanced diet keeps you away from diabetes, which causes blindness.
- Give up smoking: Cigarettes or other tobacco products are bad for your eyes. They make your eyes more vulnerable to diseases like cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration.
- Guard your eyes from sunlight: It has been found that long exposure to sunlight leads to damage of the eyeballs. This happens as the UV rays in sunlight have an adverse impact on our eyes. You must put on sunglasses when you are outdoors for a longer period. You must choose sunglasses which give you 90 to 100 percent protection against sunlight. UV rays can cause cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avoid the screen: It is advisable to not spend long hours sitting in front of the computer screen or TV. Take breaks while working on the computer. Also, remember blinking your eyes while staring at the screen to avoid drying up of the eyes. Blinking increases tear production, keeping the eyes moist and healthy.
- Use safety devices: If you work with hazardous substances, it is advisable that you put on safety devices on your eyes for their protection.
- Hydrate your eyes: In order to have a good vision, you must hydrate your eyes by splashing water on your eyes wide open at specific intervals in a day. When you wash your face after returning from outside, don't forget to wash your eyes as well. As you splash water on the eyes, the dust particles on the surface of the eyelid, gathered from outside, gets washed away. f you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.