Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Gautam BoseYour feedback matters!
I am a diabetic and have been taking metmorfin in the form of galvys met 50/500 regularly along with triglismisave. However the sugar levels does not seem to reduce, in spite of all other parameters of balanced diet and regular exercises being followed. Do we need to take them continuously or this mandates a change?
Hi dr, I need your help I am in 16 week of my pregnancy n having frequent head and back pain n cold. What should I do also my weight is from starting 70 kg no increase. Also not able to take food without food feeling stomach full. Please advise. Also feeling very dizzy. Please help.
I faced with several injury on a upper limp of mouth! My skin bulged? Do you have any remedy for my problem?
My father is suffering with bleeding from his tongue, we have consulted hematology he advised to take iron injection to increase iron content in blood. If injection is given will this control the bleeding from tongue. Please advise.
What are the symptoms of jaundice. And I had a gastric problem also Tel me a daily taking best tablet for it.
I am a patient of severe asthma over last 20 years and formoterol fumerate-budesonide inhaler and tiotropium bromide 9 mcg, also am taking alfusin for enlarged prostate. I am suffering from regular severe epigastric pain in the right side of chest. The pain occurs around 4- 5pm in the evenings. Some days it starts even around 12 noon. My lunchtime is 2 pm. I have tried pantaprazole / rabeprazole, itopride, etc. But the severe pain comes back the next day. I also have the problem of constipation for which I am taking lactulose. What shd I take to combat the pain.
Hello sir I am suffering from gas and acidity problem from many days. Please tell me how to get rid of from this.
Dear sir I feel that I suffer from sleeping sickness. I also want to sleep. If I do not take sleep then my body became painful. So I to you that you suggest me some precautions & remedy. Thanking you.
Impotence is not a matter of joke. Medically called erectile dysfunction or ED, this condition affects a man’s ability to perform in bed and achieve or maintain an erection, and/or ejaculate. This condition restricts or completely forbids penetrative sex.
Though impotence can occur in men of all ages, its risk increases with age. The common causes of impotence range from the emotional, psychological to the physical like:
- Diabetes: It can causes nerve damage, impairs blood flow and screws up hormone levels.
- Neurological and brain degenerative conditions: Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, brain or spinal tumours, multiple sclerosis, stroke and temporal lobe epilepsy can increase the risk for impotence. Men who’ve had prostate gland surgery can also experience nerve damage and impotence.
- Medications: Beta-blockers, cancer chemotherapy drugs, CNS depressants as well as stimulants like cocaine can cause ED. Diuretics and Prozac can also depress desire.
- Heart problems: Can lead to ED as blood is not pumped all over the body including the penis. Atherosclerosis which causes blockages of arteries is also a cause. High cholesterol and blood pressure both, are associated with an increased risk for impotence.
- Depression: It can cause performance anxiety and can lead to drug and alcohol abuse
- Medications for ED include PDE-5 inhibitors like sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis) and vardenafil (Staxyn, Levitra). These drugs are to be taken 30-60 minutes before sex. However, a doctor must prescribe these drugs after ruling out any heart condition in the patient. Neither are these drugs completely safe. The side effects associated with them include flushing, visual abnormalities, hearing loss, indigestion and headache.
- Vacuum erection devices are a mechanical way of producing an erection. They are preferred by men who do not want or cannot use ED drugs. These devices work by making the penis rigid by the use of a vacuum pump sealed around it that draws up blood. The blood is then prevented from leaving the penis by the use of an accompanying rubber band which is rolled to the base of the penis before penetrative sex can begin.
- The other treatments include testosterone replacement, blood vessel surgery and psychological counselling. It is especially useful for younger men who become impotent due to anxiety and stress. Alternate therapies like acupuncture have also been very effective for treating impotence. Lifestyle changes like denouncing drugs, smoking and alcohol can improve the condition significantly. So can exercising more and eating healthy.
The good news is that impotence is a treatable condition. But the challenge is not to take it lightly and ignore it because it can signal serious underlying problems like heart disease and diabetes. It is advisable that a man affected by impotence should consult a doctor immediately, even if he thinks it’s just caused by stress or his current partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am male 30 years old. Is it OK to do oral sex with female? What are the precautions for oral sex for a male.
Are you suffering from autism and looking for an effective treatment for the condition? Autism is a complex neurological disorder, which is commonly diagnosed in children within three years of age. It is a result of impaired brain functioning and it expresses itself in the form of disrupted social and communication skills in the patient. This condition affects the development of a child by a great extent.
Autism happens due to several structural and functional changes in the brain. The exact cause of the condition is yet to be determined. Genetic predisposition, metabolic imbalance, intake of certain drugs and the exposure to harmful environmental toxins may lead to autism in children.
Several protocols of homeopathic treatment are undertaken for treating autistic patients. The method to be used depends on the circumstances of the condition. A variety of homeopathic techniques are required for curing a person with autism. They include the following:
- Isopathy is a treatment in which a substance is given to the patient, which cause the illness during homeopathic potency
- Classical homeopathic medicines
- CEASE Protocol
- Homeopathic bowel nasodes, which are considered to be an important part of the recovery process from autism. They help in healing damaged bowels and the symptoms of anxiety and rage.
- Biochemical tissue salts are used in autistic patients who face problems in the assimilation of nutrients because of a compromised gastrointestinal tract.
The methods work effectively, along with conventional medicines and other treatment measures like GAPS diet, osteopathy, biomedical intervention, cranial sacral therapy, chelation, and traditional Chinese medicine.
Homeopathic approach towards the treatment of autism
The homeopathic approach in the treatment of autism is holistic in nature, which aims at treating the genetic tendencies along with strategic management. Firstly, a homeopathic evaluation is undertaken for a child with autism, where all details regarding his family medical history, which may be associated with autism, are assessed. The analysis also considers the impaired functions of a child such as his behavior, communication, speech, tantrums and social skills.
There are around 20 different types of common homeopathic medicines, which are prescribed for the treatment of autism. The exact medicine, its combination, dosage and other support medicines depend on the child’s case history.
The homeopathic medicines used for the treatment of autism are completely natural and safe, devoid of any form of harmful toxin. Hence, no side effect is caused on the body while undertaking homeopathic treatment. Using homeopathic measures for about six months will lead to improvements in a child’s autism symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.