Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gauri PaulYour feedback matters!
It is one of the most common expressions around, 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'. As apples have properties that no other natural product or fruit has and its advantages have been demonstrated over time.
It is possible to get these benefits from different other fruits, however; an apple combines everything and makes it easier. It has been proved again and again that if it is not straightforward, simple and quick, individuals will not deal with their well-being. Hence, here is a very simple way to be healthy. This is how an apple tends to keep the doctor away:
- Apples contain Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps protect your immune system. Many individuals who need Vitamin C in their diet have poor healing and tend to get injured effortlessly. Apple contains vitamin C in abundance and hence, are of great help.
- Prevent heart diseases: The reason it can prevent both coronary illness and cardiovascular diseases is because apples are rich in flavonoid. Flavonoids are additionally known for their cancer prevention qualities.
- Low in calories: A normal sized apple has between seventy to hundred calories. Eating an apple when craving sweet or chocolate can make the craving vanish since apple itself contains sugar, yet gives you just one-quarter of the calories.
- Pectin: Pectin is a type of dissolvable fibre that brings down both pulse and glucose levels. It can likewise bring down the levels of LDL, which is the bad cholesterol in the body. Pectin, as different types of fibre, keeps up the strength of the digestive system. Apples are a fantastic source of pectin.
- Boron: A supplement found in abundance in apples, boron strengthens solid bones and a sound brain.
- Phenols: Apples contain phenols, which affect cholesterol. It decreases the bad cholesterol and builds up the good cholesterol. They keep LDL cholesterol from transforming into oxidised LDL, an extremely risky type of cholesterol, which can be destructive.
- Avoids tooth decay: Tooth decay is a contamination that truly harms the structure of your teeth, which is formed because of bacteria. The juice of the apples has properties that can kill up to eighty percent of those bacteria.
- Shields your brain from infection: This is something many individuals do not have the foggiest idea about. When you consider that your brain makes you the person you are, it gives you a rational point of view. Apple has substances called phytonutrients and these phytonutrients prevent neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinsonis.
- Healthier lungs: People who eat five apples or more every week have brought down their respiratory problems like asthma.
- Forestall Cancer: Cancer tends to form in different areas and organs of the body and spreads later on. Apples focus on different tumours, for example, colon growth, prostate disease and breast cancer in ladies. Hence, its positive effects are not just limited to one type of cancer.
So grab an apple right away! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Juice fasting has become a popular way for people to detoxify their body and lose weight, provided they do it in a healthy way and for a limited time. Juice fasting consists of cutting out all solid food for a period of time, replacing your entire food intake with various fruit and vegetable juices. Since fruits and vegetables contain high concentrations of nutrients and antioxidants, low levels of calories, and almost no fat, this can be an excellent way to get your health back on track.
Benefits of juice fasting
Some of the top benefits of juice fasting include strengthening the immune system, losing weight, preventing cancer, detoxifying the body, improving digestion and improving repair throughout the body.
1. Boosts immune system
Many vegetable and fruit juices arerich in vitamin c, vitamin a, lycopene, beta-carotene, and an array of immune-boosting minerals. With your system flooded with these protective nutrients, many of which are antioxidants, your immune system will be able to better defend against infections and pathogens.
2. Helps in weight loss
Juice fasting can aid in weight loss because you will be consuming fewer calories than an average diet, while also stimulating the metabolism and lowering cholesterol levels. However, juice fasting often causes a loss of water weight, which can return to a certain degree after the fast is over.
3. Prevents cancer
With numerous antioxidants in vegetables and fruit, and a removal of processed foods and artificial sugars, juice fasting can lower the impact of oxidative stress and reduce your risk for chronic disease, like cancer.
4. Detoxifies the body
With a pure liquid diet, and the diuretic properties of many fruit and vegetable juices, this diet approach can flush out toxins from the kidney and liver, and has been shown to reduce excess mucus in various areas of the body.
5. Improves digestion
By removing dietary fiber from your daily intake, you can allow your digestive system to rest and more efficiently absorb key nutrients and antioxidants during the course of the fast.
What is juice fasting and how to do it?
Juice fasting means eliminating all solid food from your diet for an extended period of time, and only consuming vegetable and fruit juice. In most cases, this also means eliminating all of the dietary fiber from your diet, as a juicer will prevent any of those fibers from being included in the juice. Using a blender and straining your juice can have a similar effect.
The best way to do a juice fast is to stock up on a variety of fruits and vegetables and clear out excess carbohydrates and snacks from your home. It may be easy to avoid making yourself a steak, but after a few days of a juice fast, a bag of potato chips may begin to look extremely tempting.
Most juice fasting diets urge you to consume 5-6 different juice mixes each day, some of which may be repeated. It is important to get as many essential nutrients as possible, which will require drinking different blends of fruits and vegetables, as each has a different nutrient profile. Drinking 6-8 glasses of a single juice is quite boring, and will make it harder for you to succeed in your fast. Finally, certain fruits and vegetables are extremely high in certain nutrients, and there is always the danger of consuming too much of one nutrient (e. G, hyperkalemia – an excess of potassium).
How safe is juice fasting?
There is significant debate about the safety of juice fasting, since it is inherently reducing your intake of certain nutrients that a balanced diet would provide. By depriving the body of calories and protein, it is possible to weaken the immune system and losing muscle mass, while also leading to nutrient deficiencies if the juice fast isn’t done properly.
While there are experts on both sides, claiming the benefits and dangers of juice fasting, they can all agree that diversity of vegetables and fruit is crucial, as is closely monitoring one’s calorie intake and nutrient balance. The duration of a juice fast is also a matter of intense debate.
How long can you do juice fasting?
Most experts do not recommend juice fasting for more than 3 days, while others have praised the benefits of extended juice fasting – up to 3 weeks at a time! however, if you are depriving your body of dietary fiber, protein, fats and calories for more than a few days – a week at the most – you are likely to start seeing negative effects. You may experience dizziness or lightheadedness if your juices are primarily vegetable-based, as vegetables have less calories. A juice fast of more than 3 days may also result in exhaustion and muscle weakness, due to the low intake of protein.
Beyond 3 days, many people extend a juice diet, which means that most of your meals consist of juice, but a small meal at night, often rich in protein, rounds out the healthy day. Generally speaking, 3 days is the accepted limit for a pure juice fast, but depending on your present health condition, slightly longer juice fasts may be acceptable.
Juice fasting recipes
Some of the best ingredients for juice fasting can be spread across your meals for a balanced and delicious approach to juice fasting.
Morning: celery, kale, green apple, lemon, lime and ginger.
Afternoon: papaya, pineapple, ginger, kiwi and coconut water.
Evening: mango, blueberries, kale, lemon, avocado, flax seeds and coconut water.
My wife's right breast still delivers milk though my son already left breast feeding 1 and half years back. Is there any need for medical help?
It is a common misbelief that eating home cooked food is the healthiest option. Whenever, we plan to eat out, there is always a question lingering about the cleanliness of the hotel’s kitchen. We need to realize that it is not just the hotel, but our own kitchen should also be taken care of.
Listed below are some commonly overlooked things that could be contributing to your health in a bad way. With kitchen shopping continuing through the years, there are unused and/or overused things, both of which are harmful. Read on to know more.
- Overused utensils: In most homes, the cooking vessels turn brown over a period of time. This happens, especially in metallic ones like aluminium. It is due to leftover food and is a breeding ground for germs. Leaving the vessels for a later wash can lead to these stains getting tougher and the vessel taking on a permanent brownish color. A good way to manage this is to clean the vessels as soon as possible.
- Stained mugs and cups: It is a common belief that tea cups will stain over a period of use, which is not true. In some cases, the hard water has high concentration of calcium carbonate, which mixes with the tea and lead to altered bowel movement and improper digestion. The best way to manage this is to mix vinegar and baking soda and remove the stains.
- Chopping board: First things first. Never use the same chopping board for your meat and your veggies. The germs from the uncooked meat affect the vegetables also. As the bacteria continues to grow, in about 10 minutes, there will be double the number of bacteria that will affect the vegetables.
- Chipped melamine dishware: While the melamine kitchenware is unbreakable, do not use them at high temperatures. This can cause it to chip and melamine leaks into the food, causing kidney stones and renal failure. A good way to avoid this risk is not to heat food in the melamine dishes.
- Non-stick cookware: While nonstick ware helps reduce the amount of oil used, constant use erodes the coating and slowly the chemical is leaked, which can add carcinogenic elements into your dosa or roti. This can cause liver and stomach problems with continued use.
- Coffee makers: The reservoir in the coffee makers hoards a whole lot of bacteria and can cause various diseases. Thorough cleaning with hot water can help you keep it clean.
These are some of the common ways your kitchen can affect your health, there are definitely more. So, keep your kitchen clean for a healthier life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello doctor. I had unsafe sex with my husband. and I take unwanted 48 after 45 hours. Is there any chances to become pregnant? and there is side effect?
Hello Dr. sir my wife is 31 weeks pregnet having b negative blood and my is A postive .is any complections in my wife pregency she is ist tym pregnant having b negative blood and my is A postive .is any complections in my wife pregency she is ist tym pregnet. thanks complications positive .is any complections in my wife pregnancy she is ist tym pregnet. Thnks.
After sexual intercourse, my wife having unbeatable pain in the right side abdomen every time. In right leg paining starts through out.
I'm a 24 year old woman whose pregnant. It's my first baby and I'm really scared about things I can eat and what I cannot. Can you please brief me about things I should not eat or drink during my pregnancy. I just completed 4 weeks of my pregnancy.
Hi I am 25 married before 7 months, I got pregnant in October 2015 and got abortion in 40 days then again I was pregnant in March 2016 and aborted in 35 days, I checked urine pregnancy test, also hcg it was positive in both time. I want to know is this normal or not, why such bad things happen to me. We are planing for baby. Please help me regard this. Is this often abortion normal?
Sex is good for your heart
Anything that exercises your heart is good for you, including sex. Sexual arousal sends the heart rate higher, and the number of beats per minute reaches its peak during orgasm.
But, as with most exercise, it depends how vigorously you do it. Some studies show the average peak heart rate at orgasm is the same as during light exercise, such as walking upstairs. That's not enough to keep most people fit and healthy.
Adults should do at least 150 minutes (2.5 hours) of moderate-intensity aerobic activity, such as cycling or fast walking, every week.
Unless you're having 150 minutes of orgasms a week, try cycling, brisk walking or dancing.
Having heart disease doesn't have to hold you back in the bedroom. Experts advise that you can usually have sex as long as you can do the everyday activities that have the same impact on your heart without causing chest pain, such as walking up two flights of stairs.
A hug keeps tension away
Embracing someone special can lower blood pressure, according to researchers.
In one experiment, couples who held each other's hands for 10 minutes followed by a 20-second hug had healthier reactions to subsequent stress, such as public speaking.
Compared with couples who rested quietly without touching, the huggers had:
- lower heart rate
- lower blood pressure
- smaller heart rate increases
So give your partner a hug – it may help to keep your blood pressure healthy.
Similar effects have been found for non-sexual stroking, although this appears to only reduce blood pressure in women who are stroked, not men.
Sex can be a stress buster
Sex could help you beat the stresses of 21st century living, according to a small study of 46 men and women.
Participants kept a diary of sexual activity, recording penetrative sex, non-penetrative sex and masturbation.
In stress tests, including public speaking and doing mental arithmetic out loud, the people who had no sex at all had the highest stress levels.
Weekly sex might help fend off illness
There's a link between how often you have sex and how strong your immune system is, researchers say.
A study in Pennsylvania found students who had sex once or twice a week had higher levels of an important illness-fighting substance in their bodies.
Immunoglobulin A (IgA) was 30% higher in those who had sex once or twice a week than in those who had no sex at all. The lowest levels were in people who had sex more than twice a week.
But don't devise a sex calendar just yet. More research is needed before it can be proved that weekly sex helps your immune system.
Hi i am 32 yrs old women iam suffering from infection in my private part vagina its paining and burning please suggest the treatment
I have missed miscarriage two time. And I do all report before pregnancy and after it. So I i want know what is ANA? ANA test is positive. Is good or bad? Also torch profile: rubella igG :0.326.
My last period date is 7th May, And today on 6th July I have bleeding, Any problem for my pregnancy? Bleeding too much not spotting.
Sexuality for both males and females is a complicated and often much misunderstood phenomena.
Are PE and ED serious conditions?
Interpreting these 'symptoms' is best done judiciously. ED is often a situational and perhaps a 'matching' issue. To put simply, this means that the male partner is anxious-about himself or about the desirability, correctness, environment or the reasons behind the anticipated event. Does this make the condition serious? That is best assessed by BOTH partners! PE is similar in the context described previously.
However, sometimes especially ED can be due to medications being consumed or due to some physical aberration like diabetes or hypertension. There are several medical and surgical conditions which might lead to ED and these always need to be adequately investigated and ruled out or treated. So in the approach to ED, keeping both 'situational' and medical/surgical factors in mind is always prudent, both for the sufferer as well as the physician.