Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gauri
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GauriYour feedback matters!
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor and snatches away the boon of communication.
Below mentioned points showcase how social media addiction negatively affects our mental health:
- Peer Pressure- Social media use also creates the fear of missing out because you want to do what everyone else is doing. This evokes anxiety and will give rise to negative feelings and emotions, which again create mental health problems and stress and anxiety disorders
- Fatigue and Stress- When you are using social media, you are constantly switching from one task to another because there is just so much to do and see. This information abundance can tire out your brain, especially when it is received chaotically. Your brain needs time and room for absorbing the data and processing the information, but multitasking on social media makes your brain work overtime. This can prevent it from relaxing and it will become exhausted as it tries to deal with the barrage of information. Hence, the fatigue puts your mind under a lot of stress and you may not be able to concentrate on anything at all.
- Social Anxiety- Even though the whole point of social media is to allow people to stay connected with others, it doesn’t have the same satisfaction and element associated with actual human interaction, which is a crucial human need. In fact, in some ways, it is too distant and this is not a good thing for those who become dependent on social media as it can lead to social anxiety. Those who are already suffering from this problem will find it even more difficult to indulge in face-to-face interaction. Real human interaction can become extremely scary for people as it is becoming common to hide behind your computer screens and not go out at all.
- Distraction- Social media is just tailor-made for decreasing our productivity because you spend hours looking at everyone else’s life when you could be doing something else. This means that most of your time is spent on viewing photos, liking posts, and writing comments and these activities don’t really require the use of your intellectual abilities. They aren’t intellectual at all and distract you from activities that are such as reading, studying informational articles on the internet, etc. Your brain doesn’t get enough food for development and your intellectual abilities can decline in this way. Your brain will slow down and not be able to respond quickly in various situations.
- Insecurity- One of the major problems with social media is that posts typically present an idealized version of what’s going on in everyone’s life. Usually, what you see isn’t actually reality because everyone has their problems and issues. Nevertheless, you end up comparing your own life with that of others and think less of your own. If people in your newsfeed seem to be having a good time, it will make you envious and affect your mood negatively. Research has shown that widespread use of social media can demotivate people, make them aggressive and cause a decline in confidence.
So are you being adversely affected by social media? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Low self-esteem.
- Feeling low when you see other people's images and lifestyle.
- Envy of others people lives - wishing your life was like someone else's.
- Finding social media as your first and only choice of activity done for enjoyment.
- Not having as many face to face conversations with your relatives and friends and feeling disconnected.
- Being unable to do anything without feeling you need to share it online. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 37 year old female. I have 17 year old daughter. Now I'm pregnant is it good at this age to have a baby.
A collection of symptoms typically occurring between ovulation and menses (discharge of blood and from the uterus) is defined as premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Premenstrual syndrome symptoms can either be physical or emotional.
Physical symptoms and signs include:
- Muscle or joint pain
- Weight gain due to fluid retention
- Bloated abdomen
- Breast tenderness
- Acne breakouts
- Diarrhoea or constipation
While other behavioural and emotional symptoms include:
- Anxiety or tension
- Depressed mood
- Crying spells
- Anger or irritability and mood swings
- Food cravings and appetite changes
- Social withdrawal
- Poor concentration
Causes: The exact cause of PMS is unknown. But there are several contributing factors, such as:
- Cyclic hormonal changes: The hormones oestrogen and progesterone fluctuate a lot while preparing for a normal menstrual cycle. This fluctuation causes some of the symptoms of PMS.
- Chemical changes: The fluctuation of serotonin, a kind of neurotransmitter (brain chemical), affects the mood, which causes some of the emotional symptoms of PMS. For instance, insufficient serotonin triggers premenstrual depression, insomnia, food cravings and fatigue.
- Depression: If the PMS symptoms are severe, depression could be the underlying cause, though it doesn't usually trigger all of the symptoms.
Treatment: There is no permanent cure for PMS, but a few lifestyle changes and home remedies can work very well for you. Some treatment options include:
- To ease abdominal bloating, drink lots of fluids
- Eat a balanced diet comprised of plenty of vegetables and fruits. Reduce your alcohol, caffeine, salt and sugar intake.
- You can take supplements such as magnesium, calcium, vitamin B-6 and folic acid to reduce mood swings and cramps.
- Take vitamin D supplements to relieve symptoms
- Sleep for at least eight hours in the night to counter fatigue
- Exercise to improve your emotional health and reduce bloating
- Try to reduce your stress as much as you can; read a book or walk to relieve some stress.
Besides, these lifestyle changes, you can take over-the-counter medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen to reduce stomach cramps, muscles aches and headaches. Diuretics (drugs that increase urination) are excellent treatments for bloating and fluid retention. However, consult your doctor before consuming any medication or supplement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
My last period was in oct 14 please let me know if I need nay checkups i am single, I am 47 years old now. Have my periods ceased / any way 2 get them back?
I am 23 and I had my last period on 4th aug and so the next was due on 5th September. Had unprotected sex on 16th aug n withdrawal method was used. I got it late by 4 days on 9th sep night. The 4 days of delay I had strong nausea n vomiting. I did UPT on 8th morning n it was negative n had beta HCG blood test on 9th morning with a reading of 1.6. Now when the periods have finally come they are very light than usual (as there was no or very less blood on napkins and only when I went to pee there was some of it) and more of watery blood and very less clots and lasted fr just 2 days. It's Dark red and red in colour. I feel weak and have still got nausea but little lesser than before. Also my hands and feet got warm but no fever. Till last month I had normal cycle of 5 days and normal flow. What can this be? Can this be due to iron deficiency or any other reason?
This golden spice, used in almost every meal in india is very valuable.
-it is a very powerful healer. It prevents growth of cancer cells and thus can prevent cancer.
-its anti-inflammatory properties reduces swelling caused due to pain and also reduces severity of pain caused due to arthritis.
-it is also said to prevent alzheimer's disease.
-this spice also acts as an antioxidant that helps lower cholesterol.
I had sex on jan 26th he ejaciated inside . I was supposed 2 get my perod on 28th on jan but 27th i got my bleeding it was heavy like my normal period so took i pill wth in 24 hours 4 safer side. And then next day bleeding stopped . Den on 2nd Feb i had like lite bleeding and spotting. For 4 days So I was expecting my periods 2 get on 27th of Feb but no sign. Now its March i took pregnancy test 3 4 times also consulted a gynec too did ultrasound. No pregnancy detected it shows. But can be pregnant? When will i get my menses now?
Can I start healthy diet after 1 month of cesarean delivery? What type of exercises I can do for weight loss?
संधिवात में शरीर के किसी संधि जोड में शोध
की उत्पत्ति होती है। धीरे-धीरे शोथ
विकसित होता है और तीव्र शूल (दर्द) होने
लगता है। शोथ के कारण त्वचा लाल हो जाती
है। संधि शोथ को स्पर्श करने में भी पीड़ा
होती है। रात को अधिक पीड़ा होने से रोगी
की नींद नष्ट हो जाती हैं।
संधि शोथ और शूल के कारण रोगी चलने-फिरने में
असमर्थ हो जाता है। उठकर खड़े होने में भी तीव्र
शूल होता है। संधिवात के कारण रोगी को ज्वर
भी हो जाता है। संधिवात के उग्र रूप धारण करने
पर रोगी की भूख नष्ट हो जाती है।
* लहसुन की एक-दो कली प्रतिदिन हल्के गर्म जल
के साथ सेवन करें।
* गर्म जल व दूध में मधु मिलाकर पीने से बहुत लाभ
* लहसुन की कलियों को सरसों के तेल में देर तक
उबालकर जलाएं, फिर उस तेल को छानकर संधि
शोथ के अंगों पर मालिश करें।
* मेथी का चूर्ण बनाकर प्रतिदिन 3 ग्राम चूर्ण
हल्के गर्म जल के साथ सेवन करने से संधिवात का
शूल कम होता है।
* संधिवात का रोगी कोष्ठबद्धता होने पर एरंड
का तेल 7-8 ग्राम की मात्रा में उबाले हुए दूध में
* अदरक के 5 ग्राम रस में मधु मिलाकर सेवन करने से
संधि शूल नष्ट होता है।
* महा नारायण तेल की संधि शोथ पर मालिश
* चुकंदर का सेवन करने से संधि शूल नष्ट होता है।
* प्याज के रस को सरसों के तेल में मिलाकर
हल्का-सा गर्म करके संधि शोथ पर मलने से बहुत
लाभ होता है।
* आलू की सब्जी खाने से शूल कम होता है।
* कुलथी को जल में उबालकर क्वाथ बनाएं। क्वाथ
को छानकर उसमें सोंठ का चूर्ण और सेंधा नमक
* अजवायन का 3 ग्राम चूर्ण थोड़ा-सा सेंधा
नमक मिलाकर हल्के गर्म जल के साथ सेवन करें।
क्या न खाएं?
* संधिवात के रोगी शीतल खाद्य और शीतल
पेयों का सेवन न करें।
* सब्जियों में गाजर, मूली, टमाटर, अरबी,
कचालू, फूलगोभी, भिंडी न खाएं।
* दही और तक्र (मट्ठे) का सेवन न करें।
* चावल व उड़द की दाल का सेवन न करें।
* घी, तेल, मक्खन से बने पकवान न खाएं।
* उष्ण मिर्च-
मसालों से बनी तली हुई चीजों का सेवन ना
* नंगे पाव फर्श पर न घूमें।
* भीगे वस्त्रों में देर तक न रहें।