Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gaurav Sagar
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav SagarYour feedback matters!
I'm 30 years old and my wife is 24 years she had urinary infection which was diagnosed as bacteria e-coli, Dr. Advised the medicines. It got cured and when we had sex my penis skin also gets infection or rashes, and white viscous liquid oozes out, it had happened many times repeatedly. On taking medicine it gets cured and later on it happens again on having sex. Even Dr. Gave medicines to both of us, but could not get it cured, kindly help.
What is the causes of frequent urination? Please suggest some home remedies to get rid of it and also to get rid of white discharge problem.
I have stone in my kidney size 8.5 and 6.5, I have taking Medicine from last one year but don't work.
Some of the causes which contribute to the development of this infection are:
- Invasion of bacteria: Like any other infection, one of the causes of urinary tract infection is the invasion of the bacteria Escherichia coli in the bladder. This type of bacteria is most commonly found in the gastrointestinal tract and is most often held responsible for urinary tract infection.
- Spreading of the bacteria from anus to urethra: The spread of the gastrointestinal bacteria from the anus to the urethra leads to the infection of the urethra thereby causing urinary tract infection.
Some of the symptoms of urinary tract infection are:
- A nagging urge to urinate: One of the most predominant symptoms of urinary tract infection is a persistent, nagging urge to urinate. You would know your urinary tract is infected when you feel the urgency to urinate extremely frequently.
- There is a burning sensation when you urinate: The symptoms of urinary infection are extremely visible and are felt intensely by the one suffering from it. If you feel a burning sensation while urinating, chances are extremely high that you are suffering from urinary tract infection.
- Red colored urine: Sometimes your urine may contain perceptible amount of blood in them. In most cases, presence of blood in urine is a definite sign of urinary tract infection.
- Foul smelled urine: An internal infection in the urinary tract manifests itself in different ways. One of the chief symptoms of this infection is discharging foul smelling urine.
- Pain in the pelvic area: Women who suffer from urinary tract infection experience excruciating pain near the pelvic area, sometimes extending to the pubic bone.
I am having split of urine sometimes. I am having good urine flow. I have done kub sonography, urine routine, blood test everything is normal and I done have any injury?
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.