Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav NigamYour feedback matters!
My new born baby has his feet turned inside by angle of 75what is proper method of treatment. Is plaster them only a solution or any other method of healing is there. Pls suggest me the right path. He is just a month old.
Can I give banana , chiccoo, pear, mango , dates fruits to my six month old baby . Is there any fruit among these which should be avoided?
Is it safe to take a 18 months old child for a Australia tour for 13 days. What care should be taken? What food to give him during that period
My 2 year old son frequent cough n cold. But is active.What are the signs to Chek allergies or asthma ?
My girl child has Down Syndrome. She is 5 years old now.Her speech is delayed.She has tonsils.Due to tonsils she has week imuue system. Please give me some sujeshion. Thanks
New baby born girl ko fair and sundar aur healthy banane ke liye kya upai hai kaun sa oil and home made remidy use karu and uske caring ke liye give some tips for baby fairness jo sundar aur gora banaye aur foods jo mom ke liye acha ho.
We are going to fly with our 8.5 months old son in a week for the first time. The flight is around 1 hour long. What all do we need take care of?
My 3 years son is suffering with UTI 3rd time in last 6 months. Want to seek specialist advice in Delhi/NCR as my paediatric is unable to get the root cause of infection. Kindly help at earliest.
My daughter is suffering from paediatric constipation. She is two years old. I have started giving her ripe banana. Can I give her the fruit when she is suffering from cold? She catches cold frequently.
Hello My baby is 11 months old and is been suffering from cough and cold since a week. I am giving him him .31 mg levolin and .25 mg budecort in neboliser 2-3 times a day. Atarax syrup 0.5 ml and montair granules are also prescribed by his pediatrician which he is taking regularly but there is no effect at all. There's a lot of wheezing sound from his nose and lungs. I am also giving him nasoclear spray occasionally if he is not able to sleep due to blocked nose. I give him warm water also for drinking 2-3 times a day. Please suggest what to do as I am very much worried due to his frequent recurrence of cold.
Is it necessary to vaccinate my baby (16 month old) with MMR and PCV booster injection? IMA vaccination card does not mention these vaccinations but their staff says that these vaccinations are private and mandatory. Although I have vaccinated my baby with Varicella and hepatitis A vaccines in private clinics which are not mentioned in IMA vaccination card. So please guide me about these MMR and PCV booster vaccines about their necessities.
My 3 week old baby falls asleep during feedings and just won't burp. I hold him upright for up to half an hour while patting her back pretty well. He is drinking both formula and breast milk (both from the bottle). At times he will burp twice and I lay her down, he gets uncomfortable and cries a little, I pick her up and he burps again. I have to do this every 5 to 10 minutes sometimes. Often he will demand more milk when he looks uncomfortable from what seems like gas as he does pass gas after squirming and crying some. Tell me what to do. ?
My son 7 years old he do not doing morning natural calls regularly. What should he do. And also he is very lean.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.