Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gaurav Mittal
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav MittalYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old and I have neck pain problem, so what is the best exercise or therapy I have to do to cure. Please suggest.
You probably spend a whole day working at your office when your back remains in the same position. Then when you come back from work, you complain about your back pain, put some medicine and hope it goes away the next day. However, in such cases there are chances that the pain might return after a few days. You may not be aware of the fact, but there are certain fairly simple exercises you can do to strengthen your back and prevent back pain. Here are some of them.
1.Opposite arm leg raises
Lie on your stomach with one arm in the air as your starting position. Then finish the exercise by slowly lifting your leg. Hold this position for two seconds and then repeat this for the other arm and leg as well.
2. Prone hold
Hold a posture where you are holding your entire body weight on just your toes and your elbows for as long as it is pain-free.
Lie on your belly with your arms above your head. Slowly lift your arms and legs from this position as far as possible and then put it down again. Repeat this as many times as you can do it in a pain free way. Once again, it is imperative to not do this when it is painful as you may get injured.
4. Side holds
To do this, you have to be on your side putting your entire body weight on the side of your foot and your elbow. Hold it for as long as you can maintain the correct posture and it is pain free for you.
5. Resistance band rotation
Stand straight up or on your knees with your back straight up. Then using a resistance band rotate your body back and forth. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
My mom suffering from knee pain and she is not suffering from thyroid. Her age is only 37. Please suggest some ways to reduce pain she has swelling also on them.
I am a working 22 years old male having some problem in my left hand' s fingers. I can' t apply pressure from those fingers.
I have got pains in my knee from long time. I had a running event last week. But the pain is not relieving. What should I do?
Osteoporosis is a commonly experienced condition where the bones tend to get thin and become hollow over time. This is a condition that is experienced mostly by people who are over the age of 50 years, and even more commonly by women who have been through menopause. Other risk factors include smoking as well as medication which can lead to such degenerative diseases as a side effect. Let us find out about living with osteoporosis and the many myths and facts surrounding the same:
- A Natural Part of Aging: This is a fact. While not everyone who ages will wind up with this condition, it is commonly experienced by patients who are growing old. One can resort to taking calcium supplements as well as plenty of Vitamin D in order to prevent the risk of fractures that are a common occurrence in such a condition where the bones become too hollow. Also, mild and moderate exercise will help the condition.
- Only Female Patients: This is a myth. While it is true that women form a major risk group when it comes to this condition, there are many men who also suffer from it. It has been demonstrated by various medical studies that one in every five men in the USA alone are prone to this condition. Furthermore, due to exercise, sports and other heavy manual work, young men are more likely to end up with a fractured bone than an aging woman.
- Worry only when you are Old: This is also a myth. One must remember that the major bone mass forms by the time a person hits the age of 18 to 20 years. This is the time when nutrition, exercise and lifestyles must be structured in a way that such troubles like osteoporosis will not follow you into the later years when your bones begin to age. Ample and strong bone mass nourished by proper habits, will help in preventing such conditions to a large extent.
- Fractures only happen if you Fall: This is another myth. It is important to keep in mind that living with a condition like osteoporosis means that you have to be vigilant at all times in your daily routine and other activities. Strain on the bones can also lead to fractures, and one does not necessarily have to fall down to get one. Leaning over too much can also lead to a fracture!
- You can feel the Degeneration: It is another myth that you can actually feel your bones getting weaker. Usually, there are no symptoms of this condition until it has progressed to a particularly painful stage in your life. The best way to find out if you are suffering from osteoporosis is by taking a bone density test. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.