Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav MittalYour feedback matters!
I am a known diabetic for 20 years taking tablets I am having numbness in both of my foot burning taking pregabaline in night only temp relief how to get permanent relief?
I am suffering from insomnia. I am very tired and feeling sleepy but when I go for sleep I could not get perfect sleep at night. Please suggest meany perfect medicine. I am feeling restless.
Respected doctors .I want to ask about epilepsy .what is this? What are the symptoms? How we should cure it? I am fed up totally. My problem is that ,when I don't get proper sleep, my eyes get blink, my mind is not conscious and much more .it effects my study .I can't study properly. please tell me doctor.
As doc said I was suffering from GB syndrome. But I was cured with physiotherapy and wid no medicines. But I feel impact still left. I have shivering hand. Though I hv strength but I hv severing hand mean it shakes a lot. Feel very awakwered. Is dear anywhere out to cure it?
I'm having shaking hands (tremors. I am having them for about 2 years now. Used to smoke and drink occasionally. I also take wheezing medication called asthalin (it's a inhaler. I also feel like I am losing my muscular strength. Please let me know the reason and medication.
I am suffering from insomnia lately, am at times restless on bed and my sleep gets interrupted, please provide me with some help?
Please provide your suggestion on numbness and tingling I joined gym in April-15, and after 2-3 week of work out I found that my lower back is paining slowly. I had a consultation with orthopaedics and he prescribed me few tablets of vitamin D etc. Now I am feeling numbness and tingling in my foot which is bit painful. Doctor said that it might take 6-8 months to get complete relief as my nerve is pinched. My current prescription is: 1: BALAMIN ALA 2: ECOD PLUS 3: D. GAIN Note: I have attached prescription. Please suggest me what should I do. My age is 34 years.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. From 1 year I used to have numbness and tingling in whole body. Bone and muscle pain in whole body. High bp 150/100. Excessive hair growth. My testicle isze is reduced so much .they are now 2 cm each in length and thin like almonds. I too have abdominal pain .no gastric problem. And left half head pain from backside. .my neck xray shows C2 and C3 segmentation in complete. And vitamin b12 is 185 ng/ml. reference range is 180 to 900. Where is the problem. My tingling is increasing day by day. I feel very unusual due to tingling.
Obesity is the new-age lifestyle disease with multiple ramifications. While its effects on the physical aspects are very evident, the damage it does to the brain are more severe, though not obvious. Read on to know some harmful effects of obesity on the emotional well-being.
- Leads to binge eating: There is a certain pleasure in eating sugary and fatty food, and this is lost with depression. Therefore, to get that emotional satisfaction, people tend to eat more chocolates, cookies, milkshakes, and other weight-accumulating food items, which further add to obesity. Greater the weight gained by a person, lesser the response or happiness from such food products.
- Increases impulsivity: The area of the brain known as orbitofrontal cortex, which is in charge of controlling impulsivity, shrinks in obese people. This results in people eating more impulsively.
- Affects immunity: Obesity is a major cause of inflammation, leading to damage in certain parts of the brain. This impairs the immune system, making the affected person more prone to infections and tissue damage. This leads to increased chances of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, sleeping disorders, eating disorders, etc. The chemical known as C-reactive protein increases as seen on MRIs in obese people, and which is usually seen in patients with chronically increased inflammation.
- Effects on memory: As the BMI increases, there is a decrease in scores of memory tests. This effect is more obvious in women after menopause. With increased fat accumulation, more hormones are released, which affects the memory. Increased inflammation also affects cognition and memory.
- Increased risk of dementia: With more belly fat accumulating, there is extra stress on the body to burn the visceral fat. This reduces brain size and causes certain hormones to release, which further affects the body’s ability to remember things. It has been proven that people with smaller brain size are at greater risk for developing dementia.
- Weight loss stress adding to more stress: When obesity sets in and the BMI goes up, there is an added pressure to lose weight, which further ups the stress levels. During these dieting days, the brain is constantly alert and finds ways to eat more. This also leads to excess eating. Moreover, there are indications that there could be genetic changes during this phase, which may leave a permanent mark in the person’s composition.
- Depression: When a person is not happy with their reflection in the mirror, the chances of feeling good and happy are very less. In this age, where aesthetics plays a major morale booster, an obese image staring back does not help at all.
So, if you have a risk of obesity, watch out. It is not just how you look, but how you feel is also altered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.