Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav GuptaYour feedback matters!
I remain depressed whole day. When I have to go job interview and exam. My heartbeat being very fast. So I remain unemployed now. I have also panic anxiety. Give a quick solution.
Hello sir /Mam I want to suggest a query on chiacritist .so I want to know my bf loved me very much I also loved him bt condition he was too far from my district n my parents dnt knw about our love so I am single daughter of my parents they didn't allow to marry him n I dnt wanna lose my parents. Pls suggest me what should I do for that.
My son is 3.2 years old, he has lisping in his words, is it terminate itself as he grows or something has to be done from our side I e to look after the doctor in the same, please advice.
Hi, I am 26 years old and had a break up with my girlfriend with whom I had a relation for 3 years. Im having severe anxiety and im not able to keep my self respect. I dont want to plead her and request her to come back as I have always done that whnever we have broken up. This time I just want to end this spate. I m having 2tablets of stalopam plus every night and alcohol too. Please help.
My husband is 47 years old. He takes alcohol in the interval of 30-120 days. Once he starts drinking alcohol means that continues for at least one week. During this period he becomes very aggressive and out of mind and behaves almost madly. When he don't drink alcohol he is a perfect gentleman but bit short tempered. Whether this behaviour is normal? Please suggest.
I am suffering from pain rotating in my body also known known as baa how to get away from this pain that is unusual for me please give your advice thanxx.
plz help me I have ocd and hwz the naturarelief medicine I have seen on net having best response so plz tell may I take plz help me.
I am a 28 year old male, my question is that I feel like I have some problem with me because I tends to forget, focus, and I dont feel comfortable when face a crowd or a gatherings, I also have some problem with my hearings, etc. So would I be able to get cured because I am facing a lot of problem while in workplace, so kindly please help me. Thank you for your service.
Once I got up in morning there is some cough always and its impacts on my voice also and I cannot drink cold drinks also . Any suggestion.
I have smoking up marijuana from past 6 months occasionally. I'm quitting it now as I aspire to join Indian army. Would there be any withdrawal symptoms? Thank you.
I am 58 years old, male with Schizophrenia since 10 years. At present I am put on Amisulpride 200 mg 0-0-1 and Sizopin 100 mg 0-0-1. Of late, I am thinking of replacing Amisulpride with Paliperidone 3 mg OD (Of course, only after the consent of my Psychiatrist, with whom I have an appointment next week). In the mean time, I want to know, how safe it is and will it react with Sizopin? Please confirm.
My friend has drunk liquid Phenol & after 2 days of hospital treatment she is fine but her mind isn't works. I mean she's doing like a mental what's the solution? Pls tell me.
I am 26 year old male. I have a problem of getting stress and depression. I take small mistakes too serious and due to that over thinking I am unable to sleep. Please can anyone provide a tip and help me get rid of tis pain. Thanks in advance.
This is the first time I have been in a long distance relation, I get aggressive at times but controllable, is it because of sex?
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.