Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav GuptaYour feedback matters!
I m very slim and my diet is normal but still I never get fat. Why does it happen and how do I get rid of this problem. I do drink liquor and have a habit of smoking and chewing masala.
I m suffering from social anxiety. Fear of people are looking at me m currently taking pexep 40 mg. I started on 20 mg and now m on 40 mg no improvement. What should I do please help.
Since last year l feel that my memory is going down. I try to remind that incident but I can't.example yesterday I lock my room and going to market but on the road I am confused that I lock or not. I am in trouble so please help me Lybrate.
I'm a weed user. But I quit weed for more than a month. Now I was smoking cigarettes per day 1 or 2.but weed is disturbing my mind. But I controlled myself from that. Shall I use nicotex to come out from that. Is that safe? Or it may cause any side effects?
I need to stop smoking and do cleansing my body is this good to start with Spirulina capsule does it has any side infect.
I am suffering from fever last two days my eyes are also being red and paining my body badly so please help me.
I am 36 years old male. For the past 4 years, I am suffering from IBS. The symptoms is like sudden development of great urge to toilet when travelling or visiting unfamiliar places. I am of the opinion that that this state is developing mentally. please guide.
The pressing urge to do loads in a short span of time, to plan life in a day, to see dreams unfurl into reality at the slightest of efforts inundates millions across the world. It is neither about the goals one sets before oneself nor about rational expectations arising from the awareness of one's capabilities. The problem runs deeper. Happiness and health are two elemental factors discerning the quality of your life. Happiness is directly proportional to your personal health. Neglecting one will affect the other. The best way to cope in the given situation is to take a detour from the overriding rat race. While others are in a hurry, you must slow down and care to nurture your mind and body.
Take a look at the benefits of slowing down:
- It will give you ample time to interact: Moving out of your comfort zone in order to exchange ideas with colleagues or friends plays an eminent role in shaping your personality. Interaction provides a person with food for thought. Therefore slowing down a little will encourage a free flow of countless ideas.
- It will encourage you to pursue a hobby: Hobbies keep you alive. You should take out time to pursue an interest. This is a tried and tested way of rekindling happiness in one's life.
- It will make you attentive towards others: A fast life shelters you within its clutches. You fail to take note of the changes in and around you. Going slow will let you take care of your loved ones.
- It will enable you to see your inimitability: Once you slow down, you'll find time to introspect and retrospect as well. A person can come to realize how unique he or she is in this vast scope of things.
- It will improve your sex life: Dopamine is the chief chemical that regulates a person's sexual desires. Increased levels of stress can hamper the production of dopamine making you lax about sex. Taking an easy pace can add zing to your sex life.
- It will keep your heart healthy: Being overly hyper about delay subjects you to the risk of heart diseases. You should never be frantic about plans; this can lead to high blood pressure or can even cause severe harm to your heart health. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi. I am 27 years old. I had a medical abortion on 3rd March but it was incomplete. And hence I went through medical abortion again on 13th March. I am not bleeding heavy currently and feel stressed. Can I go for a spa/massage on 19th March? Can I use tampons for it? Is it safe? Will I have to inform my massage therapist about my abortion?
Hello Dr. m suffering from a perianal warts since last two months I had once rf procedure thet were completely removed aftr RF but after a month they appear again I again consult a Dr. he advised me to use podowart pain but it also not a permanent treatment. please suggest me wot should I do for this worst condition m mentally very depressed. please suggest me good medication for it m waiting for your response.
I am suffering from chronic insomnia associated with ADHD. I lack concentration in almost everything. If someone is discussing a topic or if a teacher is explaining something I can't understand anything. Also I am unable to sleep from past 6 months. How can this be cured? Is it due to some chemical imbalance?
I have terrible anxiety problem like social anxiety .sometime I feel panik in crowd situations. I have consulted a psychiatrist. He prescribed some medicines _Panazep 12.5 ,Nexito forte, Etirest 0.5 .I feel much better than before. But I am worried whether this problem will return again or not.In addition what type of medicine is most beneficial for panic and anxiety problem.
My son is suffering with bipolar mood disorder has been ob volporic acid but suffered with acute pancreatitis due to its high dose. But since last one year he is on oxcarbazpine so called oxitrol but he is facing concentration problem and not getting proper sleep. please advice.?
I am a 25 years old male and I am facing anger issues, I am not able o control my anger, I throw away things and I also cause harm to people around me. Small problem within family irritates me to a level where I become angry and start harming property and people>please help should I visit psychologist or psychiatrist.
Anger is an emotion found in every human being. There is nothing wrong with being angry. However, if it gets out of hand there might be serious consequences. Knowing a few things about anger management might help the next time you are struggling to manage anger.
The Wrong Approach
Before knowing, what are the right things to do, it is necessary to know what doesn’t work well. This will give a better insight on anger management.
- Often, we think suppressing anger might be the right thing to do. But, it is not. Trying not to react to a situation and keeping it under wraps, might affect your health and can even be the root cause of heart disease. However, suppressing it often lessens the intensity of the anger.
- Just like suppressing it is not a good idea, venting it out completely is not the right approach as well. Venting might help you to cool down faster later on, but initially, it might hurt the other person and also have a negative impact on health. Venting anger occasionally will also make the person aggressive in nature.
- Thinking or using words like always, never, should/shouldn’t, must/mustn’t do not usually help. Thinking about ‘he should never talk to me like that’ or ‘they are always being unfair to me’, brings about negativity and doesn’t help in calming down.
The Right Approach
- Counting to 10, the age old approach to anger management often helps in cooling down and giving a clear perspective. When we are angry, we end up saying and doing things we don’t mean to. Counting gives us some time and helps us calm down a bit.
- Breathe slowly when you are angry, say experts. Instead of talking or reacting to the situation, just breathe in and out slowly. When you breathe out more, your body will calm down and make you relax.
- Talk to someone who understands you when you are angry. Instead of venting out or suppressing it, talk it out with a friend or a family member. Tell them your feelings and why you are angry. This will help you a lot in relaxing. It works as a counselling session.
- To manage anger, in the long run, one should always lead a healthy lifestyle. It means not just having a healthy diet, but also having proper sleep, not being stressed about anything, doing exercise, etc.
- Doing something creative often takes your mind away from angry feelings. Join a dance class, an art workshop, start keeping a journal, it will definitely help in the long run.
- Leave the place immediately for few moments and drink water slowly when angry. Don't prolong the anger, come back and start conversation normally. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
When you spend so much time with someone you are bound to have at least an occasional difference of opinion, to say the least, and it’s not always easy to keep objective and levelheaded when you enter into a disagreement with your partner. When this happens, remember to use these effective communication skills with your partner to improve the odds of reaching a solution that is in the relationship’s best interest.
This is because no matter how much you love and respect each other, it might not be possible to always keep cool and be levelheaded while entering into a disagreement with your significant other.
Here are a few effective communication skills that can improve the odds of reaching an amicable solution:
Use ‘I’ in the statement: Never blame your partner. This can make your partner feel that you are trying to attack your partner’s feelings, which often takes a negative turn. For example, if your partner is late, you can say “I would have appreciated if you had called me”. In this case, it’s all about how you feel and so it’s now up to the partner to appreciate, understand and consider your situation.
Don’t interrupt; listen first: Generally, in an argument, both the partners usually wait for their turn to talk and spurt out their anger and resentment. But this often makes things get worse. Most of the time, disagreements and petty discords, often, get resolved more easily, when someone pays more attention to the cause that might be making the other person upset. Also, watch out for the other person’s body language for getting a grip of his/her feelings. Try and pay undivided attention to what your partner has to say. Only when you have understood what might be the reason for all the hullaballoo, should you start explaining.
Don’t dig up the Past: Always stick to the discussion and the controversy at hand. Never dig up old corpses. Digging up past hatchet will only churn out further heated arguments, things you surely would want to avoid. Remember, resolving multiple conflicts could only get nastier and even more difficult.
Explain later, Acknowledge first: The most effective way of avoiding sudden escalation of disagreements is to first listen and acknowledge your partner’s feelings. Do it even if you think that the other person’s argument lacks reason. Take your time to hear out the other person.
Maintain a Positive and a Respectful Tone: Lastly, maintain a positive and a respectful tone. And never abuse. Abusing is derogatory and can invite further malice that will only keep on spiraling north. There never was and will never be any alternative to maintaining dignity and holding your ground no matter how much the malice is. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.