Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GauravYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old and I have a jaw problem of teeth and its too much paining I can't sleep my operation had done before 20 days than also too much pain is their.
I have a swelling near my left ear & cheek. I feel pain whenever I open my mouth (jaw) since 6 months. Please advise me on this and whom do I contact for the same. Thanks Chiru.
My mother suffering from teeth pain very much. So pls let me know which tablet to take to reduce the pain.
Recently my brother met a dentist and he is diagnosed with little bone loss due to tartar plaque and calculus and also gum disease .he is 23 years old. Does the bone loss is severe in this age and is there any chance for bone regrowth. Please suggest me.
Dear Doctor, I have tried many tooth pastes and I used to do brush for minimum of 15-20 minutes, but still my teeth are getting yellow. I am working in a MNC company and you can understand who embarrassed it feels in high society and colleagues. So kindly suggest me what to do for brighten and white teeth. Also some stones type thing in the deep of my inner teeth.
Sir I am Anmol a 17 years boy. Sir, my teeth are getting yellowish day by day even after brushing twice with Colgate. Please tell me what can I do. Any home remedy because it become frustrating for me to laugh with my friends or others. Please help me.
What are some simple ways to get rid of a toothache fast?
A) before knowing about the remedies for relieving toothache, let us first understand the reasons for a toothache. Knowing the causes can help us prevent it.
Generally, toothache is a result of inflammation of the soft, central part of the tooth. The most common cause is cavities (tooth decay). Other causes include infection at the root of the tooth, chipped or broken teeth, damaged fillings, infected gums
Since most toothaches are the result of tooth decay, following good oral hygiene practices can prevent toothaches. Follow these simple steps:
-brush twice daily with a fluoride-containing toothpaste
-floss once daily
-rinse once or twice a day with an antiseptic mouthwash
-consult your dentist twice a year for professional cleaning
-eat foods low in sugar
Natural ways to relieve a toothache
Popping painkillers and other drugs frequently to relieve pain is not always the best idea. They come with their own set of side effects and should be avoided whenever possible. You may try these simple, safe and effective remedies to help you relieve a toothache instantly and naturally:
1. Salt and pepper
Salt mixed with pepper can be of great use as both the ingredients have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties:
-mix equal amounts of pepper and common salt with a few drops of water to form a paste
-apply the paste directly on the affected tooth and allow it to sit for a few minutes
-repeat 2-3 times in a day
Garlic has antibiotic and other medicinal properties that can be very effective in reducing the pain:
-mix a crushed garlic clove with some table salt or black salt and apply it directly on the affected tooth to alleviate the pain
-you can also chew one or two cloves of garlic to get relief
More: have garlic &amp; 6 more foods for a healthy heart
Cloves have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant and anesthetic properties that help alleviate tooth pain and fight infection:
-grind two whole cloves. Mix in a little olive oil or any vegetable oil and apply on the affected tooth
-another option is to dab a cotton ball in clove oil and rub it directly on the sore tooth
-you may also mix a few drops of clove oil in half a glass of water and use it as a mouth rinse
Saltwater cleanses the area around the tooth and draws out some of the fluid that causes swelling:
-stir a teaspoon of salt into a glass of warm water and rinse for up to 30 seconds before you spit it out
-repeat this treatment as often as needed
5. Tea bag
The tannic acid in tea helps to relieve gum infections:
-steep a tea bag in boiling water for a few minutes, then remove and allow to cool
-hold the cooled teabag around your gums for about 5 minutes
Ice helps numb the nerves and hence the toothache:
-place a small ice cube in a plastic bag, wrap a thin cloth around the bag, and apply it to the aching tooth for about 15 minutes
-alternatively, that ice pack can go on your cheek, over the painful tooth
These remedies may help with short term relief. Consult your doctor if your toothache lasts longer than 1 or 2 days, if it is severe, or if you have a fever, earache, or pain upon opening your mouth wide. Proper identification and treatment of dental infections is very important to prevent its spread to other parts of the face and skull.
Mai 26 years male hu. Mujhe 8-10 years se pet saaf na hone ki problem hai aur bad breadth bi hai. How can I get rid of it.
In my tooth decay is start. One tooth get properly decay when I go to dentists. And he recommended to RCT. But after rct I got pain what I do yet.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health of an individual. Dental health is equally affected with use of tobacco. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe effects like oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue and lips. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains on the teeth do not easily go away with a scaling (Cleaning of teeth), they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria and dryness in the mouth leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (decay around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: Use of tobacco in itself cause bad breath which is exacerbated by dry mouth caused by useof tobacco.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!