Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Garima Handa
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Garima HandaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am female 21 year old I had period last month on 24 nov it ended on 26 and after that I had sex with out any protection on 27 n 28 and on 29 I ate a unwanted 72. Now from 6 december I am having my periods again, I am afraid. Kindly clear my misconceptions Thank you.
This is my question for gyanec that me and my girlfriend has sex last month on 22nd august. That was unprotected but if I remember I did ejaculate outside so there were no chances of pregnancy. But she did not get on her periods which should be on 9th September but after 4 days late we did a pregnancy test and it came negative And we did another test after 4 days of first test and it also came negative. So is it possible that she missed her periods this time as she was diagnosed with jaundice problem on 27 august and even take heavy dosage of medicines to eliminate that It was 14 days late on her periods so she went to a lady Dr. For that and told her about everything on 24th September Dr. Checked her and said you r not pregnant and gave her a medicine by saying that take this daily once and you will get on your periods soon but she did not get on her periods yet. And she is having vomiting and stomach problem so it any kind of symptoms. What should I do to check accurately about that and what to do make her get on her periods. We can check by visiting to clinic or hospital in delhi this is not an issue I am so tensed for her please resolve it.
Hello Mam, I am 29 years old, did not conceive for last 1 year of trying, all the test had done, all are ok, my husband also ok with sperm count, then what is the reason? please help, and when I am ovulate my lower abdomen is paining, is it natural? My doctor advice me to take fertile 100 and folic acid tab. please advice.
Dr. I am trying to conceive from last 2 months but on 17th I have started with my periods so should I try for some more month or consult a Dr. for quick results please suggest.
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
I am 19 years old nd my partner is 26 nd we got married 3 months before nd were in living relationship since last 5 years nd now trying to conceive baby but we can not so what should we do. whether we have to go to doctor or try again for dis at home only. Is der some problem in getting conceive.
Hi I'm 26, female and haven't eaten in a couple of days it seems like i've lost my appetite what can I do.
I have burning sensation in my vagina and swelling as well in the vaginal area. I have taken the medicines many times I even got the injections of mikacin. After the treatment I was feeling well for sometime but after 3-4 days this problem started again and now since the last 3 months I have been suffering from this problem this happens to me in every 3-4 days. I gave the urine culture test after which the doctor suggested me to go for the injections for around 5 days I missed one dose of the injection. What should I do now the swelling and the burning sensation is irritating me a lot. Please help me .give me a permanent solution.
• De Quervains tenosynovitis occurs when the tendon around the base of thumb become swollen and inflamed. This puts pressure on nearby nerves, causing pain and numbness along the back of your thumb and index finger. The pain may get worsen when you use your hand and thumb. A “catching” or “snapping” feeling or squeaking sound one may hear while moving thumb.