Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gangotri RaoYour feedback matters!
My 8 year old son normally behave very well. But some times he gets too angry, specially at the time of study and eating. His angriness comes from his inner side which reflects in his face. After some time again he becomes normal. Is his behaviour normal? Does he require any counselling?
Hi my baby 7 months old. She suffering every month loose motion. Please suggest how can control this.
I forgot to give my baby IPV vaccine. Now he is 9 months shall I start IPV vaccine now is it ok and safe.
My daughter is 12 yrs. Old and usko bahut hi jyada dandruff hai. Bahut se shampoos try kia lekin bahut hi jyada dandruff hai. Abhi ketocon try kar raha hu lekin koi fayada nahi ho raha hai. Neem oil aur alpple cidar vinegar bhi use kia lekin koi fyada nahi hua. Usko rota hua dekh ke rona aa jaata hai. Please help.
In pediatrics, we often say “children are not little adults” but in the case of the common cold, they really are. They have the same symptoms, runny nose, red-rimmed eyes, cough and they just FEEL YUCKY! With those symptoms most babies are fussier than usual and don’t sleep well at night, which is just like an adult with a cold (or maybe just me). for an infant, they are usually up and down all night, don’t feed as well, and just want to be held a little more.
When an infant gets a cold it is not uncommon for them to run a fever along with the cold symptoms. This usually only lasts a day or two and then resolves, but the other common cold symptoms may last from seven to 10 days.
With a cold they may not want to nurse or drink their bottle as well as they have a hard time breathing and sucking. This leads to a cranky baby, who may take less with each feeding, but will need to eat more often.
It is important to make sure that they stay hydrated. fluids are the most important thing. If your baby is having difficulty taking the bottle or latching on due to the congestion , you could feed with a katori spoon or a paladey with gaps in between . small frequent feeds will do the job.
Place the tip of the bulb syringe inside the baby’s nostril to remove mucous and help them breath and eat. You may also use a little salt water nose drops to squirt up their nose to help the mucous come out.
It also helps to get a mist humidifier to place in the room at night to help put some moisture in the air while the heat is running and the air is dry. The mist will also help alleviate some of the thicker mucous and also help the cough that accompanies the cold.
The most important thing to watch for is any sign of respiratory distress. A child’s breathing may “sound noisy” but it is important once again to look at their chest to make sure that they are not using those muscles between the ribs and “pulling” when they are breathing.
Coughs are also protective in that they help move mucous and keep the airway clear to prevent pneumonia. Lastly, your child should look a little better after the first several days of their cold. They should not develop fever later in the cold, and if they do it would be worth a pediatrician visit to check their ears. Not every baby with a cold gets an ear infection and they usually develop after they have had several days of cold symptoms, and not on the first day of a cold.
That’s your daily dose, stay tuned to my next update on your baby's health tips .Send in your questions or comments to babiesandmom.com !
Stay happy and stay healthy !
Dr Gorika's Children's Medical center
Our motto at GCMC is to "Treat every child as if you are treating your own child" This is one such destination where we assure perfect health for your little one. "We care for your newly born till they're eighteen"
Sir I have one daughter of eight months old and his name is hrudya. She looking very week and I check his weight and found eight kg. So what can I do for increase his health.
There is a baby, 6 days old. 3 days ago, he started crying, family took him to a doctor, and doctor provided the baby with some medicine. Due to which the baby slept. Now it's 3 days that the baby is still sleeping, though all body parts are functioning alright. Some doctor is saying that it is brain fever, can be treated only after Baby comes out of sleep. Baby is admitted and is on Oxygen mask. Please Guide.
Hello sir I blessed with twins girl & boy they both suffering cold cough last 10 days I consult doctor but no result nd my son also suffering from urinary infection what should I do is this viral? Are allergies can you please help me.
17 years old my son is very narrow-minded and reserved behaviour. He was looked after in a day care center up to 8 years of age. Will this affect to his nature?
I am a mother of 3 month old baby. As I had breast mastitis, my was on mostly formula milk. Now am well and want to stop formula milk totally. But the problem is my breast milk supply decreased. What to do to increase it as soon as possible? please help me.
My son is not eating properly almost every time but he is too much fond of junk food. Give some advice.
hello have a 4 years old daughter. Few days back she experienced an accident at home when she and her grandma alone at home. Her Grand ma fallen in bathroom. And she show through her eyes a lot of blood flowing her grand ma's head. Now she has full of fairness at any time. I asked her why she afraid. She told me she worried for something that surely happen if she stay alone or along with grand ma also. Please advice.
After my delivery .I have back pain and I gained weight. My baby is now 8 month old. How can I do my day activities normally. Pl suggest me some exercise.
My age is 38. I was married late. We have a girl child who is now 6 years old. My husband wants to go for the second child. Some people say that children born in late ages are always by surgery. Is this true?
I Had Cough which has gone but phlegm is still coming all the day. I am facing the same problem since last one year. 3 months ago I have taken and vaccination for influenza and taking Montellerege 10 mg in Night for one year. My Brief intro:- Stay in Nairobi, Kenya, Minor Asthama since 2004, Previously used medicines- azethromycene, Clarithromycene, Allegra, tavegyle etc. Please advice if you can suggest better medicine with how to take and how long. Please mention the salt because here medicine names are different in Kenya.
My daughter is eight months old and is suffering from skin allergy for last fourteen days. symptoms are, red patches on cheeks and folds of arms. Dr. said it may be atopic dermatitis and prescribed some medicines. But till now she has not cured. The red patches temporarily fades away again appears. Please advice how to completely cure and how long will it take to cure as soon as possible. Thanks.
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.