Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GangotriYour feedback matters!
I'm a 30 year old women. I do not have a child till. My period date was February 5 but till today my period has not happened. I tested for pregnancy on my own using pregnancy kit (urine) on 10 of February. But it was negative. I do not have any symptoms of pregnancy or period. I feel slightly uneasy. I observed today a few drops of white discharged. Can any of you guide me what to do now?
The prevalence of childhood obesity has increased dramatically over the past few decades, and obesity during adolescence is associated with significant medical morbidity during adulthood. Eating disorders and obesity are usually seen as very different problems, but actually share many similarities. Eating disorders (EDs) are the third most common chronic condition in adolescents, after obesity and asthma.
In fact, eating disorders, obesity, and other weight-related disorders may overlap as girls move from one problem, such as unhealthy dieting, to another, such as obesity. Understand the links between eating disorders and obesity and promote healthy attitudes and behaviors related to weight and eating.
What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating Disorders describe illnesses that are characterized by irregular eating habits and severe distress or concern about body weight or shape. Eating disturbances may include inadequate or excessive food intake which can ultimately damage an individual’s well-being. The most common forms of eating disorders include Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder and affect both females and males.
Signs & Symptoms of an Eating Disorder:
A man or woman suffering from an eating disorder may reveal several signs and symptoms, some which are:
- Chronic dieting despite being hazardously underweight
- Constant weight fluctuations
- Obsession with calories and fat contents of food
- Engaging in ritualistic eating patterns, such as cutting food into tiny pieces, eating alone, and/or hiding food
- Continued fixation with food, recipes, or cooking; the individual may cook intricate meals for others but refrain from partaking
- Depression or lethargic stage
- Avoidance of social functions, family and friends. May become isolated and withdrawn
- Switching between periods of overeating and fasting
What are the health risks associated with these disorders?
- Stunted growth.
- Delayed menstruation.
- Damage to vital organs such as the heart and brain.
- Nutritional deficiencies, including starvation.
- Cardiac arrest.
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety.
What is Obesity?
Obesity means being overweight by the accumulation of excess fat within the body. Obesity is defined to some extent by measuring Body Mass Index (BMI). People become obese by consumption of excess calories, imbalance between calories intake and calories outgoing, leading a sedentary life, lack of sleep , disturbances in lipid metabolism and intake of medications that put on obese.
What are the risks associated with obesity?
Obesity increases the risk for:
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Respiratory problems
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety
How eating disorder and obesity are related?
Eating disorders and obesity are part of a range of weight-related problems.
- Body dissatisfaction and unhealthy dieting practices are linked to the development of eating disorders, obesity, and other problems.
- Binge eating is common among people with eating disorders and people who are obese.
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders are associated with both eating disorders and obesity.
- The environment may contribute to both eating disorders and obesity.
Healp adolescents develop healthy eating habits:
- Healp children learn to control their own eating.
- Offer children a variety of healthy foods at meal and snack times.
- Eat dinner together as a family most days of the week.
- Be aware of your child's emotional health or else consult a psychologist
- Encourage children to participate in sports, dance, swimming and other physical activities.
- Counteract harmful media messages about body image.
The splendid approach:
The approach should be quite simple. A proper diet plan, nutritious foods and fruits with proper exercise can do a world of good to you.
Not getting any pms symptoms like cramps etc and my period is due tomorrow. Is there any chance I am pregnant or period can come without warning?
Can I do floor exercise like mountain climbing, plank, bicycle crunch, when I'm planning to get pregnant?
I am 30 years old. My problem is since from 4 year s my menstrual cycle is not normal and married for 7 years n I don't have kids. Anxious to become mother. My gynecologist did all tests like pelvic scan, hsg, hormonal test. All r normal. If I take tablets my periods happens if not sometimes my periods won't happens for 2 to 3 months. I was on siphene 50 mg and medroxyprogestrone. Please help. Thanks.
Lost a lot of weight around 19-21 kgs. Post weight loss thighs have become saggy & breasts deflated. Gained 5 kgs back in last 3 months again to help with excess skin. I need to fix this without surgery. Am 23 years old. Will weight training and gaining weight cure this? I am healthy. Weight gain can reverse this problem? Please help. I can not go forward for marriage because of this problem. Please provide some help. Thankyou.
The age old Ayurveda has answers to most problems regarding physical as well as mental health. Ayurveda states the presence of certain bodily energies throughout the body and mind which help in governing all the physical and mental processes. These energies are called doshas and Ayurveda classifies these doshas into three different parts, the Vata dosha, composed of space and air; the pitta dosha, composed of fire and water; the kapha dosha, composed of Earth and water.
The pitta dosha
As already discussed, the pitta is derived from the elements of fire and water and this is that energy which is in charge of all the heat, transformations and metabolism in human bodies. The pitta governs the digestion of food, metabolism of sensory perceptions, discrimination between right and wrong. So basically, pitta controls the fire in the body and is liquid in nature. The pitta carries out its functions through carrier substances like bile, enzymes, hormones and organic acid.
Qualities of pitta dosha
The various qualities exuded by pitta dosha include oily, hot, moving, sharp, liquid, acidic, and light and a pitta person will reflect these qualities in both the balanced as well as imbalanced states.
Location and task of pitta dosha
Pitta is mainly located in the small intestine, stomach, liver, pancreas, spleen, eyes, blood, and sweat. Pitta basically provides the body heat by breaking down the food molecules into absorbable units. Mentally, the pitta controls the inner joy, will power, courage, anger, mental perception, jealousy.
It can be comfortably said that the reason behind an individual’s anger, rage and jealousy is because of an unbalanced increase in pitta. Also pitta individuals tend to have oily skin. However, a balanced pitta individual usually has a very sharp intellect, a happy disposition towards life, enormous courage and drive to achieve. Imbalanced pitta can also cause inflammations, rashes, ulcers, fever, heat burns, and infections. So, it is very important to have a balanced pitta.
Here are some ways to balance pitta dosha
- Eating is peace
- Eating a balanced pitta diet
- Engaging in activities to calm the body and mind
- Meditating on a daily basis
- Spending time in nature
- Performing yoga and other calming exercises
Eating while angry, eating pitta increasing food, drinking coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking cigarettes; working more than necessary, and unnecessary competition are certain reasons for imbalance in the pitta dosha. Hence, controlling the inner fire and taming it, is mostly in the hands of the individuals themselves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello Doctor, I am 30 years old. How can I ensure that I am ovulating regularly? Can ovulation detection kits help me? I am planning to buy I Know ovulation kit. But from when do I start testing. I have a regular cycle of 28 days. From which day of my cycle do I start testing and which time of the day coz I am working women. I want to conceive soon.
I am 8 month pregnant and my 9 month is going to start. Please suggest should I have little bit desi ghee daily in my diet. Does by having desi ghee it cause Bp problem and breathing issue. Moreover can I have dry fruits in my diet now. Pls suggest what should we eat to have normal delivery?
I and my girlfriend had unprotected sex after her 10th day from her date. I didn't released my sperm inside and I didn't inserted my penis deep on her. Does she get pregnancy? If "yes" what precautions should I take to break.
Me and my boyfriend had sex while I was on my period, third day to be specific, and he came inside me. To be on the safer side I took an i-pill after 48hrs of the intercourse. Now after 4-5 days I am experiencing heavy bleeding again and I am not on my periods. I have taken i-pill earlier as well but never experienced bleeding. What could b the reason? Please help.
A phobia is an irrational and excessive fear of an object or situation, according to the American Psychiatric Association (APA). More often than not, phobia involves a sense of endangerment or a fear of harm. For example, somebody suffering from agoraphobia will dread being trapped in an inescapable place or situation.
Here, we discuss 10 most common phobias that people suffer from:
1. Agoraphobia: It is a phobia which is quite common. Almost 2 percent Americans are victims of agoraphobia. It is a fear of open or crowded spaces. It creates a vicious cycle and the sufferer gets panic attacks when nearing any event that necessitates facing such circumstances.
2. Acrophobia: It is a fear of heights. It is an irrational fear of heights or the fear of falling. Close to 10 percent people in the U.S. suffer from acrophobia. In severe cases, a victim may even suffer panic attacks.
3. Aerophobia: It is the fear of flying. Almost 6.5 percent of the world's population has this fear. This phobia is closely linked with agoraphobia and claustrophobia (fear of small and restricted spaces). In extreme cases, this may affect a person's professional and personal life when air travel becomes inevitable.
4. Mysophobia: It is a fear of germs. This fear is also akin to obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). A person may suffer from both these disorders at the same time. Sufferers often become isolated in mysophobia.
5. Claustrophobia: The fear of small spaces, this phobia is common as 5-7 percent of the world population suffers from claustrophobia. This phobia is related to fear of suffocation or the fear of restriction. Very few sufferers seek treatment in this phobia and majority of them go untreated.
6. Cynophobia: The fear of dogs is called cynophobia. Many people fear dogs and there is no harm in that. But cynophobia is an extreme and uncommon fear about dogs. It is one of the most common animal phobias in the world. It is estimated that about 36 percent of the sufferers seek treatment for cynophobia.
7. Trypophobia: It is the fear of holes. It sounds absurd to be afraid of holes, but for a trypophobe the mere sight of a hole is enough to press the panic button as he becomes quite restless and almost reaches on the verge of a collapse.
8. Astraphobia: The fear of thunder and lightning is called astraphobia. It is true that thunderstorm and lightning can make even the brave run for cover, but for an individual suffering from astraphobia, it is altogether a different case. Starting in childhood, this fear can continue into adulthood.
9. Ophidiophobia: The fear of snakes is known as ophidiophobia. One may think how fearing snakes can be termed as a phobia as almost everyone is scared of snakes. But for people who suffer from this phobia, it becomes impossible to indulge in hiking, camping and related activities.
10. Arachnophobia: The fear of spiders afflicts a lot of people in the society with 30.5 percent of them dwelling in the U.S. alone. This is an extreme fear of spiders and other arachnids like scorpions. This causes a lot of embarrassment to the victims.
A little of fear and phobia is normal. However, when it goes beyond control and begins to affect the daily activities of a person, it becomes a concern. Phobias are mental conditions which qualify for intervention. One should see a psychiatrist if faced with an extreme phobia of any kind. In fact, phobias are mostly related to anxiety disorder in a person.
Am pregnant doctor said there is no heart beat of the baby from 1 week .she told me to took a medicine for cleaning .can I do not eat medicine there is any problem to me.
How I am able to know that my wife is virgin or not. How I can confirm that in past she had any physical relationship or not.
Mam meri wife ko period 10 ko huye h aur meri chutti 18 ko h toh kya mai us raat sex karu toh kya wo pregnant ho jayegi.
One of the fundamental principles of ayurveda is to treat a patient on a holistic level. Instead of just providing relief from symptoms, it identifies the root cause of the disease and aims to give you a permanent cure, wherever possible. Instead of a short-term cure and instant relief, ayurveda focuses on giving you long-term health and well-being, which is bound to take some time.
Similar to any type of treatment, the time taken for improvement or cure of your disease in ayurveda depends upon the severity and type of your disease. The stage at which you go for ayurveda treatment makes a huge difference. If you have been living it for the last 5-10 years, you can't expect to see improvements in a few weeks. The longer you wait to go for ayurveda treatment, the longer it will take to get relief and treat the condition. However, if you sincerely follow the diet and lifestyle advice given to you by your ayurveda doctor, and take your medicines regularly on time, ayurveda treatment is sure to show improvements in a relatively shorter period of time.
My husband has a dark complexion and I have a wheatish complexion. It was a love marriage and my mother-in always had problems with my complexion as she believed that our kids will be fair. In a country like ours, fairness is given utmost important. I was under constant pressure living with my mother-in law and was determined to not let my unborn baby go through this “Fairness” test. Natural Brite was a blessing in disguise. I took the oral supplements and followed Diet Instructions during my 5th month of pregnancy and few months later I was blessed with a daughter with smooth, fair skin. My mother-in law was very happy. Thank you Natural Brite!
This case was just was one of our many patient success stories. Natural Brite uses principle of Herbal Medicine like bach flower therapy which act as a cleansing agent for the skin and purification of body. Thus when given in the pregnancy for a month in the 5th or 6th month brings about a flawless complexion of the developing baby. Herbs contain healing powers. Ayurveda is an ancient science which deals in preventive as well as therapeutic medicines. Ayurveda believes in balancing the natural forces of human body to heal.
When a child is born, the first question asked is, Is the baby fair? It is not our intention to project that FAIR is better than DARK, but to cater to the need the society has already since time memorial created in the subconscious of human civilization.
Is it safe?
This is study of 1200 pregnant patients who underwent a combinational therapy of Ayurveda and bach flower therapy as well as a naturopathy diet in the 6th month of pregnancy for getting a fair baby. The study was conducted in 2 hospitals over a period of 5 years and out of the 1200 patients 1169 delivered babies of fair complexion thus giving a result of 97 %.
The Natural Bite Kits contains Herbal Supplements & Literature (Booklet). Booklet contains all detailed information about the panel doctor, the social ethics of this protocol, principles and mechanism of action of "Ayurveda and Bach flower therapy", the dosage and instructions of the supplements to be taken. Herbal Medications include:
Apple Grow Pills
How does this work?
The treatment starts at 5-6 months of gestation period. The ayurveda protocol had a primary diet to be followed, certain ways of dressing (dark clothing deletion), limitation of sun exposure and supplements. The supplements consisted of two parts- ayurvedic herbs paste which is to be taken after dissolving in water/ milk twice a day & the bach flower therapy protocol for a month.
Fair skin, healthy baby
डायबिटीज ऐसी बीमारी है, जो महिला-पुरुष,बच्चे, बूढ़े, जवान। किसी को भी हो सकती है। शुगर उस चयापचय बीमारी को कहा जाता है, जिसमें व्यक्ति के खून में शुगर (रक्त शर्करा) की मात्रा जरुरत से ज्यादा हो जाती है। ऐसा इसलिए होता है क्यों कि या तो व्यक्ति से शरीर में इन्सुलिन का उत्पादन प्रयाप्त मात्रा में नहीं हो रहा हो या वह व्यक्ति के शरीर की कोशिकाएं से सही व्यवहार नहीं कर रही हो।
जब तक शुगर की बीमारी की असली वजह नहीं जान लेते तब तक यह रोग कभी भी ठीक नहीं होगा। जब शरीर में कोलेस्ट्रोल की बढ़त होती है। तो वो हमारी कोशिकाओं में जाकर उनके चारो ओर चिपक जाता है। और हमारे रक्त में विद्यमान इन्सुलिन हमारी कोशिकाओं तक सही तरीके नही पहुँच पाता। इसके लिए हमें इन्सुलिन के टिके लगवाने पडते हैं। कहने का ये मतलब है कि सुगर का सम्बन्ध कोलेस्ट्रोल से होता है ना की शुगर (चीनी) से।
एलोपैथी में तो कह दिया गया है कि उनके पास इससे होने वाली परेशानियों से बचने के उपाय तो हैं। पर इसे जड़ से ख़त्म करने की कोई दवा नहीं है। कुछ अन्य चिकित्सा पद्धतियों में ज़रूर इसे जड़ से ख़त्म कर देने का दावा किया जाता है। अब किसके दावों में कितनी वास्तविकता है इसमें ना पड़ते हुए हम जानेंगे ऐसे घरेलू नुखों के बारे में जो आपकी शुगर को ख़त्म भले ना कर सकें, पर राहत जरूर दे सकते हैं। ख़ास बात ये है कि ये सभी चीजें हर जगह बहुत आसानी से मिल जाती हैं। बल्कि कुछ तो आपके किचन में मौजूद भी होंगी।तो आये जानते हैं कुछ ख़ास उपचार जिनसे शुगर पर लगेगी लगाम।
करेले का खास गुण ये है कि इससे पंक्रियज को इन्सुलिन रिलीज़ करने में मदद मिलती है। और ये ब्लड ग्लूकोज के लेलव को कम करता है। रोजाना सुबह दो-तीन करेले लेकर उनका बीज निकाल दें और फिर उनका जूस निकालें। इस जूस में थोड़ा सा पानी मिलाकर खाली पेट पी जाएं। ये नुस्खा दो महीने आजमाकर देखें। फ़ायदा आपको महसूस होने लगेगा।
भिन्डी में भी ब्लड ग्लूकोज लेवल को कम करने का खास गुण होता है। थोड़ी सी भिन्डी लेकर उसके दोनों सिरे काट दें। फिर फोर्क की मदद से उनमें कई जगह छेद कर दें। अब इन्हें एक गिलास पानी में डुबोकर रात भर के लिए रख दें। सुबह ये पानी खाली पेट पी जाएं। कुछ ही हफ़्तों में आप अपने शुगर लेवल को डाउन होता पाएंगे।
एलोवेरा की खासियत है कि ये फास्टिंग ब्लड ग्लूकोज को कम करने में अहम रोल अदा करके Type 2 Diabetes के मरीजों को काफी राहत देता है। एलोवेरा तेज पत्ते और हल्दी को साथ लेने से ब्लड शुगर कण्ट्रोल करने में ख़ास मदद मिलती है। इसे लेने का तरीका बड़ा आसान है। आधा चम्मच पिसा तेज पत्ता, आधा चम्मच पिसी हल्दी, एक बड़े चम्मच एलोवेरा के साथ दोपहर और रात के खाने से पहले लें।
4. कड़ी पत्ता
अपने खान-पान में कड़ी पत्ता इस्तेमाल करते ही है। बस रोजाना सुबह खाली पेट इसकी 8-10 ताजी पत्तियां चबा जाया करें। इससे शुगर में तो आराम मिलता ही है हाई कोलेस्ट्रोल लेवल को कम करने और मोटापा पर काबू रकने में भी मदद मिलेगी।
आपने ये तो सुना ही होगा कि आंवला विटमिन सी से भरपूर होता है। और शरीर को ताकत देता है। पर शायद आप ये नहीं जानते कि आवंला पेनक्रियाज को सही फंक्शन करने में भी मदद करता है।
दो-तीन आंवले लेकर उनका बीज निकालें। इन आंवलों को अच्छी तरह घिसकर पेस्ट लीजिए।अब पेस्ट को कपड़े में रखकर अच्छी तरह निचोड़िए। जो रस निकले उसमें एक कप पानी मिलाकर सुबह खाली पेट पी जाएं। दो महीने रोजाना सुबह इसे पीने से ही आपको फर्क दिखने लगेगा।
अमरूद में भरपूर फाइबर और विटमिन सी होता है। ये शुगर को रोकने में बहुत कारगर है। शुगर के मरीज इसका छिलका उतारकर खाएं। पर दिन भर में दो-तीन अमरूद से ज्याना ना खाएं।
7. आम के पत्ते
आम के पत्तों में ब्लड में इन्सुलिन लेवल को संयमित करने का गुण होता है इसलिए आम के 10-15 मुलायम पत्ते रात को एक गिलास पानी में भिगो दें। सुबह इस पानी को खाली पेट पी जाएं। अगर आपको रोज-रोज ये सब करना न जमें तो बहुत से आम के पत्ते लेकर उन्हें छांव में सुखा लें। उसके बाद उन्हें पीसकर किसी बोतल या डिब्बे में रख लें। ये पाउडर रोजाना सुबह शाम आधा-आधा खाकर पानी पी लें।
8. लो फैट
लो फैट दही और स्किम्ड/डबल टोंड दूध ही लें।
9. ग्रीन टी पीना अच्छा है
चाय के साथ हाई फाइबर बिस्किट या फीके बिस्किट ही लें और अगर ब्लडप्रेशर है तो नमकीन बिस्किट भी खा सकते हैं।
10. थोडा थोडा खाएं
दिन भर में 4-5 बार फल और सब्जियां खाएं लेकिन एक ही बार में सब कुछ खाने की बजाय बार-बार थोड़ा-थोड़ा करके खाएं।
फल अपनाएं यह एनी चीजों के साथ शुगर में भी फायदेमंद होते हैं। लेकिन ध्यान रहे सभी नही फलों में चेरी, स्ट्रॉबेरी, सेब, संतरा, अनार, पपीता,मोसंबी आदि खाएं।