Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ganesh MeenaYour feedback matters!
I am having problem with my foot. It cracks everywhere and it pains. Its happening from 2 days. Pehle ye problem thi. Bahot dino ke bad apne aap thik ho gayi thi. Ab phir se start ho rahi hai. Ye kyu hota hai?
Hy sir/mam I am a 21 year old boy and I'm suffering from back pain since long. Sometimes its negligible but sometimes it gives severe pain. I want to know is it happening from weaknesses or something else?
Sir my age 60 I am bike riding from 1972 ti til now I got severe back pain muscle never stiffness in spinal cord that pain continue burning what shall I do how it can be got remedy whether it is curable.
Hello Doctor. I am having back ache for last 4months. I consulted physician and physio bt all in vain. It started from upper back now effected whole back particularly left side and even my neck. Morning time is the toughest one to bear. My shoulders are even getting thinner nd thinner thn before.
If your kid is affected by Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), it is important for you to know about the best ways of dealing with the condition. Muscular dystrophy consists of group of diseases, which result in the weakening of muscles along with reduced flexibility. DMD accounts for being the most common type of muscular dystrophy. It occurs because of flaws in the gene, which controls how your body keeps the muscles healthy. This disease affects boys and the symptoms start appearing from early childhood.
There is no specific treatment for DMD. However, there are several ways, including medicines and therapy, to deal with the symptoms and to protect the muscles.
- Several steroids such as prednisone help in slowing down muscle damage. Children taking this medicine are able to walk for two to five years longer than they would usually do. Lung and heart functions are also improved.
- DMD leads to heart problems and hence, you should take your child to a heart doctor for regular checkups until the age of 10.
- In some cases, a surgery may be required to fix their shortened muscles, for straightening the spine, or for treating a heart or lung problem.
Taking care of your child
If your child has DMD, it does not mean that he will have to refrain from activities such as school, sports and spending time with friends. By sticking to the right treatment plan, you will be able to make your child active.
- Stand and walk: Being in an upright position will keep your child’s bones strong and the spine straight. You can get your child braces or standing walkers, which will help him in terms of balance and mobility.
- Eat right: Although there is no special diet for DMD, several food items should be taken for preventing problems related to weight. Your child should eat the proper amount of food with a proper balance of nutrients and calories regularly.
- Stay active: You should ensure that your child exercises regularly. Regular stretching exercises help in keeping the muscles and joints limber, which makes him feel better. You can avail the help of a physical therapist for an exercise schedule.
You can look for and join local support groups associated with DMD, as other families living with DMD can be a source of good advice and understanding about life with DMD.