Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G S Lavekar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Submit a review for Dr. G S LavekarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, inspiring, sensible and helped me improve my health. Article written by Lybrate are must read more informative and encouraging to under health care issues i personally wish to thank Doctors and support staff for this great valuable information
I found the answers provided by the Dr. G S Lavekar to be very helpful. Thank-you docterfor rendering selfless service to mankind.your article is invaluable for all of us.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be helped me improve my health. Its vry useful to me to lift my weight
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are knowledgeable, very helpful, caring, practical and professional. Thanqqq sir
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are very helpful and sensible. Thanks for responding Dr.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be helped me improve my health. Helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be knowledgeable. Good to know!!!!!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be very helpful. Help full
Asha Kiran Thakur
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be very helpful.
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are inspiring. Well reasoned
I found the answers provided by the Dr. G S Lavekar to be caring. Thank
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are very helpful. Good sir
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are knowledgeable. Good
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are well-reasoned. Nice
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are inspiring. helpful
Dr. G S Lavekar provides answers that are caring. Awsm
Dysentery is the inflammation of the intestine that causes appearance of blood and mucous in stool. It is caused by bacteria or parasites. In this condition, the patient passes semi liquid stool many times in a day. It is a contagious disease and is transmitted via the faecal oral route. Thus, a group of people like a family living together or students in a hostel are more prone to picking up the infection. This infection is also transmitted via anal sex.
Ayurveda is a herbal medicinal treatment, originated in India. It is known to have cure for various health problems. Usually Diarrhoea cures itself through diet change, but in case of dysentery, medication is required to combat bacteria and parasites. Some ways to treat Dysentery with Ayurvedic remedies are as follows:
- Isabbael for Chronic Amoebiasis: Isabbael is a formulation that treats dysentery caused due to Amoebiasis. When the stool contains mucus and the infected patient feels a cramp before passing stool, it is considered an Amoebiasis infection. Isabbael is very good for bacillary dysentery as well. It is advised to consume 1 teaspoonful twice daily with water for 5 to 7 days for best results.
- Ambimap for dysentery: Ambimap herbal formulation possesses a multi-purpose approach to control and cure dysentery (Pravahika). It is known to treat and cure all types of parasitic infection and provides immediate relief. For best results, 1 or 2 tablets should be taken 2 to 3 times a day with water.
- Churna for dysentery: Churna is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine in powdered form and is high beneficial in treating dysentery.
You can also opt for Ayurvedic remedies that can be formulated at home. They are as follows:
- Combine powdered dry ginger root, amla powder, long and black pepper in equal proportions. It is advisable to store this dry mixture in a glass container. For best results, consume one teaspoon of this mixture with lukewarm water two times a day.
- Another great way to combat dysentery is to drink buttermilk. Just add a bit of rock salt as well as powdered roasted cumin seeds. Drink this mixture two times a day preferably with breakfast and at lunchtime.