Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G S Lavekar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Submit a review for Dr. G S LavekarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, inspiring, sensible and helped me improve my health. Article written by Lybrate are must read more informative and encouraging to under health care issues i personally wish to thank Doctors and support staff for this great valuable information
I found the answers provided by the Dr. G S Lavekar to be very helpful. Thank-you docterfor rendering selfless service to mankind.your article is invaluable for all of us.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be helped me improve my health. Its vry useful to me to lift my weight
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are knowledgeable, very helpful, caring, practical and professional. Thanqqq sir
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are very helpful and sensible. Thanks for responding Dr.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be helped me improve my health. Helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be knowledgeable. Good to know!!!!!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be very helpful. Help full
Asha Kiran Thakur
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be very helpful.
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are inspiring. Well reasoned
I found the answers provided by the Dr. G S Lavekar to be caring. Thank
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are very helpful. Good sir
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are knowledgeable. Good
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are well-reasoned. Nice
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are inspiring. helpful
Dr. G S Lavekar provides answers that are very helpful. Nice
Dr. G S Lavekar provides answers that are caring. Awsm
Great advice and prescription.
My problem is hair fall since last 2 years. Sides have gone bald with loss of hair on scalp also. Pattern baldness, I tried henna and a hair thickening tonic. But it did not benefit me. Kindly suggest me a oral medicine and hair oil to strengthen my remaining hair and if possible also for regaining the lost hair. Will be grateful to you. Thanks.
Pregnancy and childbirth are matters of great importance in a woman’s life. A woman needs to be taken care of and made the centre of attention during this phase. The set of rules that are prescribed in Ayurveda are very important for pregnant women. They give you detailed information about the Vichara (thought process), Vihara (lifestyle) and Ahara (diet) which are recommended to be followed at various stages during the pregnancy period. The general guidelines that are recommended to be followed during pregnancy are:
- Maintain a healthy, mild, easy to digest diet
- Keep your food timings regular
- Keep your mental health constant and keep yourself happy
- Avoid foods that are spicy or contain too much oil
- Do not engage in sexual intercourse, intense work out regimen during pregnancy
- Try to avoid negative feelings and general feelings of discontent
- Do not cover your abdomen with heavy blankets
- While wearing your clothes, do not tie tight knots over your abdomen
- Do not change sides during your sleep without getting up
- Avoid sleeping on your back and sleep on your sides
In Ayurveda, the guidelines to a healthy pregnancy are given in accordance to months.
- First month: A mixture of natural supplements such as khajoor, draksha, vijari and manooka are taken with milk. This mixture is consumed through most of the time. In the first twelve days of pregnancy, drink a mixture of ‘Salaparni’ herb with milk. This mixture should be made in a vessel of precious metal (silver or gold). Also, avoid getting massages during this time and delay that until your fifth month.
- Second month: The mixture of the natural supplements with milk is continued.
- Thrid month: Drink the above supplements with milk, honey and ghee.
- Fourth month: The same mixture is consumed with milk and honey,but the ghee should be replaced with butter.
- Fifth month: The supplements are continued and along with it, gentle oil massage is started. Take bath with lukewarm water every day and continue this regimen until delivery.
- Sixth month: The fifth month regime is continued
- Seveth month: An itchy and burning sensation on the breast and stomach may be felt during this time as the foetus grows in size. It is recommended to eat in small quantities, have sweet things with ghee or oil to make it easy to digest. Salt intake should be kept at a minimum. Avoid drinking water right after a meal.
- Eighth month: Rice is made into a paste and is consumed with milk and ghee.
- Ninth month: The eighth month diet should be followed along with oil massages. Massage oil on your belly and genital areas. Hygiene should be maintained to avoid infections. Lubricate your vagina with a cotton ball dipped in oil to provide a smooth passage when the baby is born.
Dysentery is the inflammation of the intestine that causes appearance of blood and mucous in stool. It is caused by bacteria or parasites. In this condition, the patient passes semi liquid stool many times in a day. It is a contagious disease and is transmitted via the faecal oral route. Thus, a group of people like a family living together or students in a hostel are more prone to picking up the infection. This infection is also transmitted via anal sex.
Ayurveda is a herbal medicinal treatment, originated in India. It is known to have cure for various health problems. Usually Diarrhoea cures itself through diet change, but in case of dysentery, medication is required to combat bacteria and parasites. Some ways to treat Dysentery with Ayurvedic remedies are as follows:
- Isabbael for Chronic Amoebiasis: Isabbael is a formulation that treats dysentery caused due to Amoebiasis. When the stool contains mucus and the infected patient feels a cramp before passing stool, it is considered an Amoebiasis infection. Isabbael is very good for bacillary dysentery as well. It is advised to consume 1 teaspoonful twice daily with water for 5 to 7 days for best results.
- Ambimap for dysentery: Ambimap herbal formulation possesses a multi-purpose approach to control and cure dysentery (Pravahika). It is known to treat and cure all types of parasitic infection and provides immediate relief. For best results, 1 or 2 tablets should be taken 2 to 3 times a day with water.
- Churna for dysentery: Churna is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine in powdered form and is high beneficial in treating dysentery.
You can also opt for Ayurvedic remedies that can be formulated at home. They are as follows:
- Combine powdered dry ginger root, amla powder, long and black pepper in equal proportions. It is advisable to store this dry mixture in a glass container. For best results, consume one teaspoon of this mixture with lukewarm water two times a day.
- Another great way to combat dysentery is to drink buttermilk. Just add a bit of rock salt as well as powdered roasted cumin seeds. Drink this mixture two times a day preferably with breakfast and at lunchtime.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!