Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ganak ShukhijaYour feedback matters!
What is best period to get pregnant and should we have to sex day after other. For better result. My cycle is of 30-31 days. please help us. My husband is undergonesementest and he have 40 million/ml count. All other thing are good. Say something. I want to get pregnant as soon as possible. Plz.
I have irregular menstrual cycle. I get my periods on 35- 40 days I am not getting it on 30 days. What to do to make it regular every month.
The same PCOD problem is still continuing. Irregular Periods. I left Hvng Glycomet S.R 500 mg tablets. Since 3 months nt hvng periods, so now taking PRIMOLUT N tablet to get period. Believe me I started few months back walking, healthy diet no junk food, meditation n exercise. So I had a hope that my cycles wil gt normal. But since 3 months nt happened, so taking PRIMOLUT N tablet. please do effectively suggest to get back my period to normal. Next years wedding is there. I should soon be alright before tht. Help me effectively plz.
Becoming a mother is a special feeling. This can be best explained by only those women who start feeling their babies inside them from the very early stage of pregnancy. These nine months, for a mother to be would need extra care and she has to take precaution of each and every type. In the first trimester or the first three months of your pregnancy detection, you need to take certain precautions. Here are some of the ways in which you can make yourself and your baby secure during the first three months of your pregnancy.
- Double check your pregnancy: There have been many cases of false pregnancies during this time. It is thus best to double check that you are really pregnant so as to avoid a heart break later on. Most home tests are accurate but if you are still unsure, you might want to wait another week after taking your first test and then take a second one. Alternately, you can also go and visit a doctor and take their advice to confirm that you really are pregnant.
- Prenatal vitamin: Once your pregnancy has been confirmed, it is time for you to start taking your prenatal vitamins. These vitamins have enough folic acid which is required by the to-be mother to conceive. These vitamins also help in the development of the baby and protect it from developing any birth defects.
- Arrange for a health insurance: Medical bills can be very costly in contemporary times. Thus, if you are pregnant then it is best to start looking for health insurance schemes which cover pregnancy and delivery cost. This procedure might take sometime to finish and thus it is best to start the process in your first trimester.
- Choose a doctor: If you already know a doctor who specialises in delivery and pregnancy then you need not worry. But in case you do not have enough information then it is time you start looking for an experienced doctor. You can consult your friends and family members and choose a doctor whom you find appropriate for you. You should also consult a doctor by the time you are two months pregnant in order to get the necessary vaccines and other advice.
- Quit bad habits: Smoking, drinking and too much of coffee would damage the development of your child. Thus, you must try and quit all of them to deliver a healthy baby.
Thus, these are the five most important precautions that you need to take in your first trimester in order to ensure a healthy delivery ahead.
Is it possible to not have periods on 1st two pregnancy and while on 3rd periods we will get periods.
I am 26 yrs old female. I had sex with my husband and its been a week I had lost my period. Is there any chances of pregnancy.
I'm 21 years old, yesterday my boyfriend and I were together and things got heated so I playfully asked him to place his penis near my vagina. A little pre cum was on my pubic hair. Can I get pregnant in such a situation?
I am 20 years old male and I ejected my sperm into my girlfriends mouth and she swallow out. She was 3 days back for her periods .Can there is any chance to be pregnant and also can there is any chance that her periods date will move ahead.
My mother-in-law is suffered for stomach pain. She had irregular periods. Heavy pain & full stomach. Pls give a solution.
My wife aged 32 weight 60 kg. She has problem of huge bleeding sometime painful. After 2nd issue she took contraceptive. During this time she felt no problem. This year January her tube Ware tied that is ligation done. Now she has same problem of bleeding during period. TSH normal. Doctor advised her to take CRINA NCR 10 mg 6 months. From 5th day of period after breakfast for 21 days and EBEXID in empty stomach 3 months. But period started previous month after taking 15 tablets that is 19 the day.(after 19 days of LMP. This month same happened after taking 17 th tab. That is 21 st day (after 21 st day of LMP. PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE . FROM KOLKATA.
Madam. Yesterday morning me and gf had a kind of sex. We both were nude I didn't insert my boner into her vagina but we did se actions like that. Now we are sacred that will it cause an early pregnancy? She had can I pill yesterday itself. She is having stomach pain sometime and it goes. Please help us out madam. *how to know whether she is pregnant?*how does the ipill work? How can I make sure that she is not pregnant. What all things show that she is not pregnant after having the pill? *Will mere rubbing of boner on her vagina leads to pregnancy?*After having the pill is it necessary that there should be bleeding after 8 days?*How to know whether my sperms have got inside her?*Us birth control pill different from I pill? Helps out madam we are scared. Please don't reveal our name. Please Please help us fast.
Hi I am 25 years old and am 6 months pregnant. Actually I hv a fibroid and I fl abdomen pain am nt active enough .I cnt stand fa a long tym nor I cn do walk am wryd abt baby's health .pple suggest 2 do wrk fa easy labour bt I cnt Do soo. Pls help me.
I have periods delay now first day it comes then next day stops and then again it comes and stops .i do not know what is happening.
Last week I had whole abdominal Ultrasound but I consumed tea and few biscuits an hour before .does it effects my ultrasound report because reports came Normal. I did ultrasound to confirm whether m pregnant or not .after I had sex four months ago m having periods every month but they are short and light .I beta hcg and urine test both are negative. Yesterday I had urine again .it shows negative again but my stomach is increasing it's now 30 inches. Whereas I was flat and slim Earlier.
Adenoidectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the adenoid. The adenoid is a lymphoid tissue which is present on the roof of the mouth; its role is to produce antibodies to protect the body against infections. Usually the adenoid lymphoid tissue diminish during your adolescence and disappear by the time you are an adult. Respiratory and throat infections that are chronic in nature, are the main causes of infection in the adenoid lymphoid tissue.
Adenoidectomy can be performed, one of any mentioned techniques:
- Curette technique
- Debrider assisted adenoidectomy
- Coblation assisted Adenoidctomy
Reason for the removal of adenoids
Throat infections that occur frequently can lead to the enlargement of the adenoid lymphoid tissue. When these lymphoid tissue become enlarged, it results in breathing problems and blockage of the Eustachian tubes. Blocked Eustachian tubes can cause infections in the ear which, in turn, causes severe hearing problems.
The surgical procedure is performed under general anesthesia in an outpatient mode. The removal of the adenoid lymphoid tissue takes place through the mouth. Initially, a small instrument is put inside the mouth to keep it open. After this, the adenoids are located in the mouth, following which they are scrapped off with a curette or by applying heat to the area by the process of diathermy (a technique to stimulate circulation by heating up a part of the body with the application of localized heat currents). Once the procedure is completed, you will be discharged on the same day.
Post-surgery, you may experience a sore throat for a few weeks. You must drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration. Keeping yourself hydrated also helps relieve symptoms of post-surgical pain, if any. Oily and spicy foods should also be avoided as it may cause pain inside the mouth. Applying ice can also relieve pain symptoms. However, don’t apply ice directly wrap it in a cloth and then apply it on the neck. Do not undertake any stressful or strenuous activity for 7-10 days post-surgery to further facilitate the recovery process. Post-surgery, the risks of throat and ear infections are greatly reduced. Breathing through the nose also becomes relatively easier.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
STD or Sexually Transmitted Diseases are incurred by sexual intimacy or intercourse. Some of these diseases are even life threatening at times while others may be milder but annoying . They affect your sexual life. These should not be ignored and require treatment and medication.
Some of the common STDs are:
The most dangerous are HIV and Syphlis and Hepatitis B.
Everyone who had unprotected sex with unknown partner should get themselves checked after 2 weeks of exposure. Early treatment is crucial. Others like Herpes, chancres, chlamydia and gonorrhea are not so dangerous in people with normal immunity but in elderly, diabetics and immunological weak persons may be affected more seriously. It may cause infertility in females STDs have visible symptoms such as:
- Painful urination: A burning sensation or pain while urinating is a symptom for a number of STDs. There may also be a change in the colour of urine. Some STDs associated with painful urination as Chlamydia, gonorrhea and trichomoniasis. However, this may also be triggered by kidney stones or a urinary tract infection.
- Abnormal discharge: Abnormal discharge from the vagina or penis can be a symptom of a number of infections not all of which are STDs. Strangely coloured and odorous vaginal discharge can be a symptom of yeast infections or a sexually transmitted disease like trichomoniasis or gonorrhea. Bleeding in between periods can also be a symptom of a STD. Abnormal discharge from the penis can be a sign of Chlamydia, gonorrhea or trichomoniasis.
- Skin rash: A rash in the genital area is most often a sign of STDs. This can be in the form of bumps, sores or warts. It may or may not be accompanied by itchiness. A rash caused by a STD usually results in redness and inflammation. Herpes sores may subside within a week or so but just because the rash is gone does not mean the infection has been treated. Hence even if the rash disappears before your doctor's visit, ensure you mention it.
- Painful intercourse: Pain during intercourse is one of the most overlooked symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease. While a little pain may be normal, any sudden increase in pain or new type of pain should not be ignored. This should be kept in mind especially when having intercourse with a new partner or if there is a change in sexual habits. When it comes to men's sexual health, pain at the time of ejaculation can be a symptom of a STD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.