Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gaganpreet Kaur
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gaganpreet KaurYour feedback matters!
It's my 7 th week of pregnancy and I feel that my tummy size have increased. Is it normal? is not it so early or its just bloating?
Dear doctor, I recently passed with d &c (april 12) as there is no fetus at 10 weeks, I am thyroid patient and on 62.5mcg thyronorm. After d & c I did intercourse after 2 months as I was in other country, I feel very burning, later I had yeast infection, Dr. Gave me 7 days vaginal suppository on 9th day I make love again feel burning, then my periods come after periods we make love on 7th day. Now again I have so much itching and burning in vulva seems like yeast infection symptoms again. Is there anything serious as in 15 days I get yeastt infection again this happened whenever I make love. Kindly guide?
Is it true if a girl looses her virginity then after some period or time her weight and butt size increases?
Donor egg IVF is used by more than 70 percent of infertile women above 45 years to conceive. More than 8,000 babies are born in the US to women of all age groups by this method of Assistive Reproductive Technologies (ART). This kind of fertility treatment will become even more popular, in the days to come, because of advances in the egg-freezing technology.
What are donor eggs
Donor eggs are eggs given by a healthy, fertile woman to an infertile woman for in-vitro fertilisation or IVF.
How does the Donor Egg IVF program work?
Before you start this course of treatment, you must consult a doctor regarding its feasibility and effect on your health. Typically, the process has the following steps;
- After a donor has been identified, the infertile woman (referred to as ‘you’) and the donor are given medication so that the menstrual cycles of both are synchronised. You are also given medication so that your endometrium lining is ready for womb transfer.
- After their donation, the eggs are fertilised using the In Vitro Fertilization technique.
- Since the donor is under 35, not more than three embryos are transferred from her to your womb.
- Embryos are formed after fertilising donor egg with partner sperm.
In some cases, the embryos may be transferred after they have been fertilised. This line of treatment is undertaken to reduce the stress of this treatment on you.
In cases of men, the following procedures are followed;
- Unless the sperm belongs to another man, your partner will be required to give a sample of his sperm to check sperm quality.
- The partner must give another sample on the day the eggs are collected.
- In the next stage, the eggs and sperm are mixed together and in vitro fertilised.
Chances of success in Donor Egg IVF program
The chances of you conceiving through this program are 60-70%. This strike rate is significantly higher than a conventional IVF line of treatment.
How to start with Donor Egg IVF program?
- Finding an egg donor is not that difficult these days. You can find a donor through a fertility clinic, an egg bank, an egg donation agency, a family member or a close family friend. Donors coming from a frozen egg bank are usually screened for health and other reasons. Most donors are in the age group of 21-35 years.
- Make it legal i.e while getting donors is easy, the tricky part is to comply with the various legal issues. Consult your spouse, doctor and your attorney before taking this step.
- Get counselling i.e. you need expert counselling before you conceive because, let us face it, your baby is not your biological offspring. You and your spouse need to be adequately psychologically prepared for this important development in the family.
If you wish to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialist
Increase Sex Power with 21 Ayurvedic Foods
- You might don't know, 21 aphrodisiac Ayurvedic Common Foods/ २१ पुरुषत्व वर्धक आयुर्वेदिक घरेलू आहार
- People take lots of costly medications, and sometime face side effects and many times no effects.
- Why to depends on medicine only, when you better choice
- Aphrodisiac foods help to improve sex life and increase the sperm counts.
I am first month pregnant. Can I have sex with my husband. If not then when can I have sex? What kind of precautions (condoms) I should use?
Adrenal gland is an endocrinal gland located above the kidney which produces hormones that regulate blood sugar, stress and sexual functions. Any problems in the pituitary gland can affect the adrenal gland as the pituitary gland regulates all the endocrine glands.
Here are the different types of adrenal gland disorders
- Cushing's disease - This disorder occurs when the adrenal glands produce too much cortisol in the body. Cortisol is a hormone that adrenal glands produce when a body is exposed to stress. The causes of this disease are intake of steroids and tumors present in the pituitary gland. The symptoms are rise in blood pressure, weakness in the muscles and weak bones.
- Adrenal cancer - Presence of cancerous cells in the adrenal cortex leads to adrenal cancer. The symptoms of this disorder are stomach cramps, blood pressure problems and irregular menstrual cycle.
- Addison's disease - This disease occurs when the adrenal glands produce less cortisol. This disorder is linked with the immune system as the adrenal glands are attacked by it during this disorder. The symptoms of this disorder are nausea, loss of appetite, constipation and muscle pain.
- Pheochromocytomas - These are tumors that develop in the adrenal gland which causes excessive production of a hormone called catecholamines. These hormones help in regulating blood pressure. The primary causes of this disorder are genetic factors. Common symptoms of this disorder are headaches, shortness of breath and sweating.
- Conn's syndrome - This disorder occurs when the hormone aldosterone is produced in excess by the adrenal glands. The symptoms of this disorder are feeling excessively thirsty, muscle weakness and high blood pressure.
Dear doctors. My wife has diagnosed with IT since last Dec. Her platelets count is 5000. And last 2 months she is taking wysolone 50 mg but due to this she got wt and body pain. Her platelets not increasing. What she will do.
I'm having an irregular periods for example once in 3months I tried many home remedies but I didn't get the best results and I need your suggestion please help me.
From couple of days I.M not getting my period done suggest me some good medicine? How can I cure from dis disease. I think I am pregnant. So suggest good reasons for my question.
I am having itching in my vagina from last 6, 7 days its auto relief sometimes and start again please tell me some medicine. I can wast it with wash and apply clear& dry cream also but nothing can be relief me properly. It gives relief for some time only.
I have normal T3 T4 TSH FSH LH level in a test done two months ago. Does this means I don't have pcod?
Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure where the cervix (the lower part of uterus) is dilated and tissues are removed from the inside of the uterus. The procedure is usually done to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or clean the lining of the uterus after an abortion or miscarriage.
During the procedure, the cervix is dilated with medication and a thin surgical instrument is inserted through the vagina. This instrument is then used to scrape (curettage) the uterine tissues.
Reasons for Conducting the Procedure
Dilation and curettage is mostly done to either treat or diagnose certain uterine disorders. Dilation and curettage is recommended if your doctor needs to diagnose conditions such as:
1. Irregular uterine bleeding
2. Postmenopausal bleeding
3. Discovery of unnatural endometrial cells while conducting a common test for cervical cancer
Sometimes, the doctor can take a sample tissue from the uterus and perform tests on it to check for the following conditions:
1. Uterine cancer
2. Uterine polyps (abnormal tissue growth)
3. Endometrial hyperplasia (precancerous thickening of the uterine lining)
Dilation and curettage, when used for therapeutic purposes, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. To clear away molar pregnancy; which is characterized by formation of tumours.
2. To treat heavy bleeding after childbirth; any remaining placenta in the uterus is removed.
3. To remove benign uterine or cervical polyps.
4. To clear away fibroids (benign tumours which form on the uterine wall)
5. To remove any tissue that could have been left behind after an abortion or miscarriage to prevent heavy bleeding or infection
What needs to be considered before opting for it?
The procedure of dilation and curettage is mostly safe. Complications from this procedure are rare, but some factors should always be taken care off.
1. The surgical instrument can perforate or poke a hole in the uterus. Sometimes, perforations can heal on their own; but if any organ or blood vessel gets damaged, then another surgery will be required.
2. The cervix can be damaged during the procedure. The doctor can stitch the wound close, or apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
3. Sometimes, there might be scar tissues on the wall of the uterus. This can cause irregular, painful or absent menstrual cycles, augment risks of infertility and future miscarriages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 31 years female. Marriage and ttc since 1 yr. Husband semen, tube tests and all other tests are also normal. This month I did follicular monitoring and in my left ovary the egg got ruptured. Now again am getting cramps and periods are about to come. please suggest me, why am bot able to conceive.
Lady finger Okra is another great natural vegetable that can help your sexual health. It is high in a number of vitamins and also a great source of zinc. As you know zinc deficiency is one of the major sources of erectile problems.
Mens sexual health
As mentioned above lady finger (okra) is great for improving sexual health. You can stir fry some okra in butter or you can have the root powder of it with a glass of milk and honey. This will help you with your erections as well as give you sexual stamina.
Women’s Sexual heath
Lady finger is also great for female sexual health. Women who suffer from excessive bleedings during their menstrual cycles or endometriosis can use it for their benefit. Poke holes in two to three okras and put them in a glass of water. Keep them overnight at room temperature and drink the liquid first thing in the morning. Drinking this for a few weeks will help reduce the bleeding during the cycle and also help in other matters of sexual health.
Summer fruits and health benefits -
Apricots – fresh apricots are good source of iron, vitamin c, beta carotene, potassium and fiber. Dried apricots help people with fluid retention and constipation. The health benefits of apricots includes anemia, cancer, skin diseases, fevers, earache, indigestion and constipation.
Berries – enjoy most of the berries in summer. Strawberries with stem intact can be stored up to one year with or without added sugar. The phytochemicals in blue berries, blackberries, strawberries helps boost immunity, have a protective effect against cancer, protects against heart diseases and circulatory problems. Cranberries have a healing effect in urinary tract infection.
Peaches and plums – contain good amount of vitamin c, beta carotene, antioxidant phytochemicals and anthocyanins all of which help to eliminate the free radicals from the body.
Papayas and mangoes – both are excellent source of vitamin c, beta carotene, vitamin a and fiber. Eating sufficient amount of mangoes alone can make the body a rich store of vitamin a which lasts for months.
Cherries – bright red cherries not only taste great but also contain ellagic acid which inhibits the growth of carcinogenic cells in the body.
Pineapples – besides being packed with most of the vitamins and minerals, pineapple is a very good source of an enzyme bromelain which aids digestion.
For variety you can even try fresh fruit salad with some flavored low-fat yoghurt or just a plain fruit salad for dessert.
A fresh fruit juice will also help to satisfy thirst and avoid dehydration in summer months. But avoid consuming preserved fruit juices which contains preservatives, added sugar and negligible fiber in it.
By natural look.