Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gagan SethiYour feedback matters!
"Common mistakes People Do in Dental Care "
1. Regular Check-ups: Check-up is utmost important part of dental treatment , even if you do not find any usual finding in your mouth you have to go for annual check -ups to your Dentist.It is mandatory to take preventive measure before hand .So ,from next time do not wait for caries pain,sensitivity develop in your teeth ,just visit to your dentist for a general check up.
2. Follow ups: Follow up is always mandatory in between and after your treatment .Whatever is the treatment ,it is necessary to visit to a doctor if he/she mention that you have to come for follow up.Specialy after your surgery, extraction(teeth removal),Root canal etc .You find everything is done ,treatment is over and didn’t find time to visit again to your dentist ,but you have to understand this that any healing will take time and it is a normal biological process. So from next time ,don’t miss appointments and a follow up after your treatment too.
3. Self Medication: Strict No-No .I have seen lot of people that they take medicine on their own ,without seeing a dentist /physician .See, every drug has side effects ,if you are taking for a longer time without asking to your doctor .Even if you had old prescription of a doctor ,don’t take any medicine without consulting to your Dentist/Physician. So next time ,if you find anything abnormal or find pain ,swelling in your teeth ,just consult your Dentist as soon as possible .
4. Proper Tooth Brushing: For proper dental care, be sure to brush gently two or three times per day each for two to three minutes, using long, horizontally angled strokes. Waiting too long between tooth brushing can cause harmful bacteria and plaque to develop. However, do not brush too often, which can lead to exposure of the roots, or brush too aggressively, which can cause erosion of the tooth enamel.Discard your toothbrush every 3 months or else if its bristles torn out.
Not using the correct tooth brushing technique is another common dental care mistake. According to family dentistry experts, the best technique is the thorough brushing of every tooth. Thoroughly brushing the inner surfaces of the teeth is important, but many skip that step, which can cause issues to show up at the next visit to their family dentistry office.
5. A Dental Floss and a Antiseptic Mouthwash: Also a necessary additionally with the two times brushing. Food accumulates in between teeth and a major cause too for developing dental caries in between two teeth and also it inflamed your gums and sometimes lead to pockets and Gingival and Periodontal problems .So for a healthy teeth and gums ,use a dental floss/interdental brushes to keep the area clean in between teeth and gargle with the mouthwash once daily before bedtime .
6. Chomping on Tooth Destroyers: A lot of food items and beverages may cause destructions of enamel of your teeth if you are addicted to them .Don’t brush just after having an acidic beverages ,wait for some time than brush your teeth as it will cause more destruction of enamel of your teeth. Everyone has" sweet tooth "so watch your portion of sweets and candies you are taking on daily basis ,it is advisable not to have these items (choclates,chips,candies,soda,cola etc ) on daily basis .So restrict them or if not possible for children ,than give them only in one day in a week (Sundays)
7. Eat vegetables and fruits: Lots of vitamin is needed for your health of your teeth and gums ,so make sure the green vegetables and fruits are in part of your daily diet.Drink atleast 4-5 litres water per day.
8. Any Unusual Habits like Tobacoo use: Along with all of the other health care issues caused by tobacco, smoking or using other tobacco products can also increase your chances of developing gum disease and experiencing rapid bone loss around your teeth.
9. Tooth trauma: Clenching teeth, chewing ice, or gnawing on pencils can put excess pressure on your teeth and wear away tooth enamel. If you grind your teeth unconsciously – especially at night, your dentist can create a customized mouth guard for you to wear at night. In addition, you should wear a mouth guard when playing contact sports to lessen your risk of broken or cracked teeth if you experience a severe blow to your face, and also when swimming to decrease your teeth’s exposure to chlorine, which can erode and stain tooth enamel.
10. Lack of Vitamin C: Vitamin C is important for the health of your gum tissue and should be consumed daily. People who consume less that 180 g daily are 25% more likely to develop gum disease.
Lack of calcium – Calcium is known for its ability to strengthen bones. In fact, people who consume at least 800 mg a day are less likely to develop severe gum disease. While calcium can be found in foods like cheese, yogurt, and milk, you should still consider calcium supplements to help strengthen your teeth and bones.
Hi doctor. I just got hurt in my jaw with something and its kind of swollen & skin color has become reddish blue. it looks very bad from outside, please suggest something to reduce the swelling & remove the mark from there.?
When I wakeup my mouth is become full of saliva, Sometimes it comes out and wet my bed. Give me solution.
I am 21 years old girl fall down, got my x ray and Dr. Told me fracture in mouth at upper side near teeth. They suggest me to place titanium plates in both the sides. What should I do further?
Suffering from bad breath through nose and mouth from so many years please give suggestion to avoid this.
My 3 question 1.Change hair shampoo & conditioners cause any problem? 2. Change toothpaste cause any problem ? 3. Change hair oil cause any problems ?
Since from last two weeks my gums and my mouth from inside is swollen I don't know whether it is allergic inflammation let me tell you Sir I used to eat tobacco for last 8 years but I left since last one year, is there any chance of mouth cancer however I have not noticed any possible symptom. But my teeth are loosened please suggest me some what should I do is it gingivitis, allergy or something else and six month back I did unprotected sex with sex worker but she was OK. Is this is a STD?
I had lost my 3 teeth in an accident now what should I do! Please suggest me right way for my thigh!
FROM PAST 2 MONTHS I AM FACING TEETH ACHE, SWOLLEN GUMS , BLEEDING WHILE BRUSHING . SOMETIMES PARTS OF GUM BLEEDS WITHOUT TOUCHING OR BRUSHING . ALSO BAD SMELLING FROM MOUTH IS A PROBLEM . MY AGE IS 28. PLEASE HELP .answer should be in bengali .
Tooth sensitivity can be best described with the symptom of a sharp pain that you feel in your teeth when you sip something hot or cold. It is this contact of the drink with the sensitive tooth that causes the sharp pain. Extremely cold climate and eating something which is sweet or sour can cause the sensitive teeth to cause such a sensation, thus making it uncomfortable for you to eat anything.
The most common causes of sensitive teeth are as follows:
1. Tooth decay near the gum line can cause the teeth to be sensitive
2. Consumption of highly acidic foods and beverages
3. Using a hard tooth brush and aggressive brushing can lead to erosion of tooth enamel and cause tooth sensitivity
4. Plague buildup and gum diseases cause tooth sensitivity which may require you to consult your dentist immediately
However, there are many precautions that dentists recommend which can prevent your tooth from becoming sensitive. These are:
1. Gently brush your teeth and use a tooth brush that has soft bristles. This can prevent any damage to the enamel.
2. Apply proper technique to clean all parts of your mouth and teeth. You should also rinse your mouth properly with antiseptic mouthwash and fluoride.
3. You should eat a well-balanced diet which is low in acidic content. Soft drinks and cold drinks should be avoided as they can damage the enamel on your teeth.
4. Using desensitizing toothpaste can help reduce the pain associated with sensitivity.
Hyper sensitive tooth needs proper treatment and you should immediately consult your dentist. There are many dental procedures ranging from simple to complex ones, aimed towards controlling pain and sensitivity. Root canal and application of fluoride to the sensitive areas of your teeth can help reduce pain. Root canal is a treatment at the tooth’s soft core and is considered the most successful treatment to eliminate the pain associated with infected tooth without the need to remove it.
My wife of age 52 is suffering from Oral Lichen Planus for last 1 and 1/2 year. Initially the medicine Antoxid (Antioxidant) respond good but not now. What I should do?
I am 54 years old. Four teeth of upper and lower jaws plugged out. Want to fix dentures. Not affordable for implanting and bridging. Please advise.
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.