Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Gagan SabharwalYour feedback matters!
How to detect oral cancer? I was suffering follicles on tonsil, I often use to press it out and which relieves me. Now from 6 months have passed no follicles seen. There is constant sore throat. I am habitual tobacco chewer. Early diagnosis may help me. Hence let me know how to get examined for oral/throat malignancy?
Sir. Jab meri mother jor se spit karte hai toh unke larva mai blood niklta hai aur nose se bhi aur unke mouth se bad smell aati ye sirf 1 week mai 1-2 times hota. Please suggest me about this problem.
Does root canal treatment can cause cancer? read somewere and we are scared to go for rct please advice.
I have leaukoplakia and there are white lesions under my tongue, they go and come back, now they have become ulcer like and eating has become irritating in that particular area. I want that lesions go away.
Jeeb me red red daana ho gaya hai mouth specialist ko dikhaya sab test karwaya test normal hai. Medicine kha raha hu lakin fyada nahi hai. Dr.ne bola fungus hai. Please suggests me proper medicine of fungus.
Hi doctor. I went for teeth cleaning yesterday. Doctor gave me zerodol sp and flagyl 400 after food and pan d before food. I completed 3 doses. But am suffering from nausea and stomach pain. Is this because of these tablets. Can I stop taking one or all of these tablets? Pls advice. Thank you.
I have 2 teeth with small parts of white part broken and gone which is not looking good for me. But I never felt pain like such thing. Its paining after shaping of my teeth for cap and currently having temporary. The total teeth size reduced and the whole white part of teeth removed. My doubt is already I have cap for 1 teeth no reducing of teeth was done like this so is this the right process which I have been through?
One of my tooth is damaged then I fitted cement in my tooth after some days my tooth is leaved the cement. What I should do.
I am a 36 yrs and having dental problem, I have a heavy pain from last 3 weeks I had consulted to dentist but no result please give me the suggestion.
MY LOWER LEFT FEW TEETHS ARE GET YELLOWISH, AND CAN NOT TAKE PRESSURE IN LEFT SIDE TEETHS, PAINS, AGE 60, NO TEETH FALL, NORMALLY NO PROBLEM ONLY A SLIGHT PAIN IN LOWER FEW TEETHS, WHAT TO DO ?
I'm suffering from pain in my tooth. I'm 59 year old. I'm unable to chew anything and feel like swelled gum's. What should I do?
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.