Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gagan M. S MalhotraYour feedback matters!
My baby is 6 months old. We are giving visyneral multivitamin drops and ultra d3 drops is this fine or its better to introduce her wth sunlight instead of giving drops? Is it good to continue with the medicines. My baby has got diaper rash which has made her skin very red near private area. Doctor has recommended zinc dry powder since rash is not getting healed for 5 days.
In the day and age where technology turns your child into a couch potato, introducing fitness into his/her life can be a real challenge. These trends have slowly given rise to obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure in children- diseases that they were never touched by. So it is very important to introduce fitness into your child’s life, now more than ever.
1. Get involved: It is known that children learn more by example than by instruction. Do fun activities yourself like swimming, playing basketball, going on long walks and take your child along with you. Start small, by doing this at least once a week, and then increase gradually. Not only will this encourage your child to be more fit, it will also create a deeper bond between the two of you.
2. Introduce fun activities: Structured activities such as a sport are great ways of introducing your child to fitness. Enrol your child for some routine sport classes, particularly team sport. This way your child learns essential values such as team spirit, fair play, competition and practice. Plus, it’s a great way to stay in shape.
3. Make exercising fashionable: Children these days are fond of doing things that are ‘in’. Some may want to swing the bat like Dhoni, while others may be more interested in learning Hrithik Roshan’s dance moves. Let your child decide what he wants do according to his style. Celebrity examples can act as motivation.
4. Use fitness as a reward: If you just force your child to go out and play, then chances are you’d be giving rise to resentment and resistance. Don’t use exercise as punishment, make it a reward instead. For instance, treat your child to a break from homework by encouraging him to play ball for half an hour. This strategy might make him/her enjoy the physical activity to the fullest.
5. Let your child take charge: Allow your child to decide what he wants to do in the hours after school rather than you deciding it for him/her. He may decide to cycle, go on a hike, and go for a long run. Letting him/her decide, give away the control over the situation to make him/her more inclined to follow a routine. For younger children it is best for you rationalize their choices.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My son is around 8 months old and since last one month is suffering from running nose and indigestion (severe smell of stool and frequent passing of gas. He had severe pain in ear recently, treated with ibugesic injection and ear drops. Moreover he is always crying mostly in night. We tried enterogermina and Zifi for few days. And then clamp suspension. But cold is not reducing and still smell is high and frequent gases. He is on Farex 2 and cerelac (no mother feed since beginning). Please advise. Rgds for few days. And then clamp suspension. But cold is not reducing and still smell is high and frequent gases. He is on Farex 2 and cerelac (no mother feed since beginning). Please advise.
My daughter is 15 years old. She is suffer from swelling and pain in a gland in neck below the right side jaw since 15 days. This is not tonsil. please advise.
My son 2 and half year kills swallowed 5Rs coin I took X-ray and it's I'm stomach near to small intestine, I want your opinion weather it will come out through motion?
I stopped him giving calcium syrup when he was 1 year. He sweats more when he play. So can I start to give him the calcium syrup.
My son age 8 years suffering sickle cell anemia since 4 years every 3 month blood transfusion doctors told bone marrow is the complete solution we are very poor please give a advise the pediatric hemotoloty department.
Mera beta sirf 25 Dino ka h or use sharir me gami nikli he. Uske sarir me choti choti fuliya ho gai he. Kya karu?
My baby is 9 month and continue stools. No food eating. I am giving z and d drops. As per Dr. advise. please help me what I do.
Hi my baby is 7 month. He was having green slight runny stool 5 6 times a day. We consulted doctor and he asked for stool test and also prescribed lepicol probiotic capsules half at a time 2 times a day. Later when the stool test results came doc said its normal and to continue with probiotic for 6 days. Everything else is NIL in the result .But RBC is 0-1/hpf and pus cells is 1-2/hpf. So I am still concerned on this. Need second opinion on this. Pls help.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
How can we increase the weight of 7 days old baby boy at the time of delivery he is 2.5 kg but due to some fever and jaundice his weight reduced to 2 kg then how will we increase his weight.
My son is in grade 12. As crucial time has begun we told him not to go for full day outings with his friends and focus on his studies. As he has not been scoring well. As a revolt he has stopped studying whatever little bit he used to do. We sat and spoke to him .Told him this is the time to focus on studies and if he has to meet his friends then an hour or so is still okay. We told him the importance of grade 12 result. And that there is no retake we even suggested going out with us for dinner once a week if he requires a change .Have even tried keeping his phone aside during studies. And giving it to hil later. Switching off the internet when we sleep. Counseling etc but all in vain. Pls advise what to do .how to handle this situation.
Hello Urgent help My 13 days old baby is on breast feed n my left breast nipple is becoming hard n it's paining during feed n baby is unable to feed please suggest some help.
Hello doctor मेंरी भांजी करीब I8 महीने कि हैै पर उसका विकास नही हो रहा ऐसे लगता जैसे 6 महिने की है और उस के आंरव रेटीना पहले काला था पर अब सफेद हैं जैसे मेातियाबिन्द सर क्या वो ठिक हो पायेगी या सारी जिन्दगी ऐसे ही रहेगी उसे किस डाक्टर को दिखायें उसका इलाज हो पायेगा कृपया बताये धन्यवाद
She is having a baby girl completed 1 year but her left leg is shorter than her right leg. What is the treatment can be taken for it and why it is?
Epilepsy is a form of chronic disorder and it is characterized by recurrent seizures. The episodes of epileptic seizures may differ from person to person. These seizures could be a result of genetic disorder or a result of trauma or stroke. During a seizure, a patient may also experience symptoms of neurological disorders and sometimes lose consciousness.
Medical help for epilepsy
Epilepsy itself cannot be cured using medication, but proper medicines help in eliminating recurrent seizures. These medicines stabilize the electrical activity within the brain preventing seizures.
How effective is the medication for epilepsy?
The success of controlling seizures using medicines depends on the type and severity of the epilepsy. Medicines for epilepsy are usually very effective and may fully keep seizures under control. However, controlling seizures caused due to brain problems may be more difficult. Usually, epilepsy medicines can control seizures for a long period of time when they are taken regularly.
When is medical help needed?
The decision about when to start medicines for epilepsy is a tricky one. This is because a first seizure cannot confirm whether a person has an on-going epilepsy problem. A second seizure may occur after many years or may not happen at all. Prediction of seizures is also quite difficult.
The severity of seizures also indicates when to start medicines for treatment. In case a first seizure is quite severe, medication should be started at once. Some people have very mild seizures even though they may be recurring in nature, and medication can be avoided in this situation.
All the pros and cons must be thought over before starting medications for the treatment of epilepsy. It is advisable to wait for a second seizure and then start medications for treatment. In most cases, medication is started after a second seizure occurs, twelve months within the first seizure. You should always consult a doctor to know when you need to start taking medicines to treat the condition.
For making the most out of the medicines to control seizures, you should follow certain steps:
- You must take medications exactly as your doctor has prescribed.
- Before switching to generic versions of your medicines or before taking other prescribed medicines, you must consult your doctor.
- You should never stop taking the medicines.
- In case you experience enhanced depression, mood swings and suicidal thoughts, you should talk to your doctor immediately.
- In case you have migraine, you should let your doctor know so that he can prescribe you anti-epileptic medicines, which also prevent migraines.
Medicines cannot treat the underlying cause of epilepsy, but these help in controlling seizures and this is the most common symptom of epilepsy. Medication should be started at a proper time and must be continued without stopping.