Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Gagan KansalYour feedback matters!
I am 45 years old male. I have backache for the last 2 years. I have tried orthopaedic surgeon's x-ray and medicines. Now the neurologist has suggested to get mri of lumber thoracic cervical spine. Please advise me further line for treatment.
Sir, I have acute pain on back side top of my left shoulder since two days ,kindly advice accordingly.
I have face problem of back pain from a long time. When I take any pain killer it makes me relief but next day it starts again.
Hi my mother she is 45 years old for last 1yr she have right hand nerves pains up to neck, what should I do?
I have been seen by a few specialists for my sharp stabbing pain between upper shoulder blades along spine. I've had mri's, several medical tests, physical therapy, acupuncture, pain injections all done for conservative measures. Mri's don't show significant issues. Please suggest any suitable solution.
My father aged 53 yrs slipped suddenly from a platform 6 days back. He injured his left knee. There was swelling in the knee, pain and difficulty in walking. He consulted an orthopaedician who advised xray knee which is normal. He also gave medicines like tablet l-tum 500, eudase-dp, dolanzen, rultin-150. He also advised to wear knee brace. But still there is swelling in the knee and more swelling in the ankle. There is considerable pain and difficulty in walking. Kindly advise what should we do?
Can sternocleidomastoid is the culprit behind my chronic neck n shoulder pain which I am experiencing for last 2 years after a neck extension injury? I have little herniation, stenosis and disc dessication. But doctors tell it is normal. I am suspecting this muscle because I had swollen bump in my left shoulder after the incident. please answer the solution to my problem. Currently I am fully normal but always little neck pain.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
The knee is the largest joint of the body and is made up of upper and lower bones that are separated by two discs known as menisci. While minor knee pain may be experienced by many people, it should be handled with medical intervention when it becomes a serious and debilitating problem. Sudden injury or injury due to overuse as well as myriad conditions that affect the joints and muscles can bring about knee pain. Underlying conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis, which affect the bones and joints, can also cause knee pain. The symptoms include painful swelling and stiffness as well as severe discomfort. Let us learn more about the causes of knee pain and the ways in which it can be managed-
Injury: Exercise and sports injuries are one of the most common causes that can be the start of acute knee pain, as well as chronic condition. These kinds of injuries can affect the ligaments and cartilage which leads to severe pain. The pain can even affect the way one functions in one's daily life. Knee ligament injuries can also cause this kind of pain. These ligaments are bands of tissues that connect the thigh bone with the lower leg bones. Sprains and tears in the ACL or PCL are common in sports injuries, and may even require surgery in many cases. Knee Cartilage Tears can also take place in the hard yet flexible cartilage of the knee which can affect the meniscus around the knee. This condition may also require surgery.
Arthritis: This condition can affect the knees specifically and is one of the most common types of arthritis. This is a chronic condition which gets progressively worse over time and may even require surgery. Stiffness and inflammation are common symptoms. Rheumatoid arthritis is also a degenerative auto-immune disease that can affect the knees and cause knee pain. Furthermore, post traumatic arthritis can also be experienced after an injury. Osteoarthritis is another common condition that leads to knee pain. It basically occurs due to wear and tear of the knees over a prolonged period and is usually experienced by patients over the age of 50.
Managing Knee Pain--
While pain medication and anti-inflammatory drugs may be prescribed for most cases, along with the surgery in long run, it is also possible to manage knee pain with the help of better lifestyle choices like regular knee and muscle strengthening exercises as well as REST - rest, ice, compression and elevation. These methods can help in relieving inflammation and pain. But very severe cases will require medical intervention, so it is imperative to get in touch with your doctor if the condition does not improve.
I have pain my back from few days what should I do for that and I am having pain in my shoulder because of hard workout what should I do for that will you suggest me about that pain.
I am having sciatica nerve pain. The pain is bearable. I had an xray which was fine and I am fed up of having muscle relaxers and pain killers prescribed by doctors. Please tell me also that it can be cured or it is long lasting?
Hi, I am suffering from diabetes 2 from last three and half years now days feeling pain in heel and leg palm from 3-4 months very much unable to walk properly in the morning pls suggest proper medicines to normal blood sugar n leg pain.
I am 35 years old and my backbone give pain to me. In regard of this I consult many doctors but no one find its proper solution. So can you help me to remove this pain.
I am 22yrs old my legs have so much pain, during walk and stand for an hour with my frnds for talking now what to do?
Hello Doctor, The calf muscle below my knee on the right leg is thicker than the usual on left leg. As thicker calf muscles on my right leg look a little abnormal, I thought it would be good to consult a physician on the same. As I am running 43 years now It would be better to take any kind of corrective actions, right away, if required. I am working for an IT services company. This thicker calf muscle has been there since my childhood. I do not have any kind of specific main symptoms or anything like that, as I do practice leg stretching exercises around thrice a week. Please do advice what needs to be done. Thanks & Regards,
• an unhealthy diet
• poor blood circulation
• excessive body weight are all reasons individuals may have swollen legs.
Parsley tea is wonderful for helping to get rid of excessive fluid in the body.
For the recipe you will need parsley roots and leaves and water.
To begin, chop the parsley very finely.
Add 5 teaspoons of parsley to half a liter of fresh water and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat source, and let the tea steep for 20 minutes.
Strain well. Drink the tea three times per day until the swollen leg condition resides.