Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. G S VarshneyYour feedback matters!
Suffering from constipation its a hereditary for me, not eating junk or oil foods please give a natural method to get Reed of this problem.
I have fever in some days but I have already check up many doctors but nat well what I can do pls give me well direction.
I am 29 years old female, I have problem of skin on my palms. Whenever winter onsets my palms sweat a lot and there is burning sensation. Please advise.
Sir I am having a lump on my butt crack from past 10 days lump is painless and also it is a pusless. Is it is a sinus or boils or anything else.
Hi, I am 24 year old male. I need suggestion regarding my issue. Few days back I was having sex with a sex worker and in between my condom torn so what should I do.
Sir, I am suffering with severe throat pain from last two days. As I found the cause is due to eating more sweet, I had swelling on my throat. Later got cough too So what suggestion you gonna give me sir?
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
2. No hospitalization: This can be done either as an outpatient or with minimal one day stay at the hospital
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery.
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. Meniscuses are exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common syndrome faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of hurt and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a meniscus tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
1. You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
2. Stiffness and swelling
3. You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
4. You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not obtained through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps.
I am final year mbbs student. My mother 56 years is diabetic for 10 yrs. Ppbs 230; fbs 130, hba1c 7.7, 24 hr microalbumin 404. receiving insulin past 1 years 30/70 human mixtard. Her bp 160/80 .Diabetic nephropathy with nephrotic range proteinuria. Doctor suggested telmisartan 80 mg with hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg. Sir my query is hydrochlorothiazide safe in diabetes as it impairs glucose tolerance further and alters lipid profile. Please suggest fluid and protein salt restrictions.
I am 24F. 4 years back got to know that I am suffering with PCOS and infrequent periods (1 per 3 months). After the course (Mala-D) I am having periods at 45 days. But from few months again my period time increased to 3 months. This time I do not want my body getting habituated for tablets. Please suggest me some food to have regular menses. And can you tell me the reason why the hormones are releasing late. Due to vitamins or any. If vitamins please tell me some food to have the release regularly.
Enlarged prostate is a disorder which occurs more likely in elderly males. It is basically the enlargement of the prostate gland and is also known as Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy. The prostate enlargement impinges itself on the urethra, and causes increased urination and other urinary problems. Enlarged prostate is usually treated by surgical methods and there is a common belief that there is no other treatment for enlarged prostate other than surgery.
However, homeopathy is a field of medicine which can be used for the treatment of an enlarged prostate gland. Homeopathic medicines are organic and completely natural, and aim at treating the underlying cause of an enlarged prostate, instead of just curing the symptoms.
Here are some primary homeopathic medicines, which are used for enlarged prostate treatment, along with the symptoms when they are used.
- Baryta Carb: This homeopathic medicine is an effective cure for prostate gland enlargement, especially in aged people. Frequent urination is the first symptom of this type of prostate enlargement. An affected patient will develop an urge to urinate every now and then and there is a burning sensation in the urethra during urination. Degrading changes are noticed in the vascular, cardiac and cerebral system. Memory loss and decreased libido are observed. The patient cannot tolerate cold, and perspiration in the feet occurs.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for enlarged prostate in people with heart problems accompanied by frequent urinary symptoms. This type of prostate enlargement is common in older men. The pulse rate may become irregular or abnormal and oedema is observed in internal and external parts. Swelling of sexual organs is also noticed.
- Staphysagria: This homeopathic medicine is used in cases of an enlarged prostate gland along with dysuria. There is pain during urination and the patient feels pressure on the urinary bladder, and urination seems to be incomplete. Burning in the urethra while urinating is observed, and the sensation lasts even after urination.
- Conium: Conium is another efficient homeopathic medicine for curing prostate gland enlargement accompanied by frequent urination. This condition may arise due to an injury or a blow. Induration and hardening of the gland are caused, and it feels like a stone. There is great trouble in urination, and it seems incomplete.
- Sabal Serrulata: This is a popular homeopathic medicine for an enlarged prostate gland and is considered to be one of the best medicines for this disorder. Symptoms include irritation in urinary organs and increased urge for urination at night.
Homeopathy is considered to be an ideal treatment for an enlarged prostate gland for people who want to avoid surgery. With no side effects, homeopathy works naturally and gives great results.