Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G S Gupta
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G S GuptaYour feedback matters!
My mother 48 year old having diabetes since last 10 years now a days her fasting blood sugar has increased to 395mg/dl and doctor has started insulin like mixtard 34 unit in morning and40 unit in night and insulin like lanteax 24 unit in night. And my question is how to control the diabetes without taking insulin? She will not eat any sweet type food. She is controlling her diet pattern.
My age is 57 years, Suffering from Sugar and Thyroid. My Glucose Fasting is 273.00 and HbA1c is 11.7% T-3 is 1.30 and T-4 is 10.50 Please advice.
My father have wound on toe since last 6 months. It's not get cure even getting treatment for 6 months. He have no diabetes.
My mother recently checked her thyroid and it came to high also she is having a problem of blood pressure. And her left hand joint is paining ,plzz help.
I am 57 year old having diabetics for last 4 years and is under control. I am on glycomet sr 500 mg bd. I just want to know ideally when it should be consumed. Before or after meals? what should be frequency of checking sugar levels [fasting, post meals & hba1c].
If a person who have sugar than what a good dish for this so that his health is good? Please advise.
Diabetes is a silent attacker. So, you may continue to be unaware of the disease for a very long time, before you suddenly realize that something is wrong with your body one day. And then tests reveal that you are afflicted with diabetes.
There are some signs that can point to diabetes. Watching out for these can help figure out the problem:
- You might lose weight, and it may really seem like a great thing in the beginning but it is not. When a person has diabetes, he is likely to lose his weight because of the decreasing water level in his body as well as the inability of the body to break down food into more suitable forms.
- If you are taking more bathroom breaks than usual, and if the rate of going to the loo is increasing gradually with time, it can well be a sign of diabetes. When you are suffering from diabetes, your body becomes less efficient in breaking down the consumed food into sugars and utilising it. Therefore, a lot of sugar gets saturated in your bloodstream and your body gets rid of it by flushing it out through urination.
- If you are tired all the time, and by all the time we mean even after getting up from a long and good night's sleep, you may have diabetes. The reason for this is that fatigue comes to you when your body cannot produce enough energy from the food you consume, and this happens only when you have diabetes.
Complications that happen due to diabetes:
- Cardiovascular diseases: This means that if you are having excessive diabetes, then you are at a risk of having a major heart attack or a heart stroke. Additionally, increased blood sugar levels also lead to other heart-related diseases like chest pain, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Retinopathy: In simple words, diabetes leads to eye damage by making the eye exposed and prone to severe eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma. If you have retinopathy, then you may also have face the consequence loss of vision or permanent blindness.
- Kidney problems: Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys which may further result in serious kidney disorders and may increase the risks of a sudden kidney failure. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!