Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. G. KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 17 year old boy And I am become habitual of playing game and watching tv. After some time my e6es got sharp red and starts paining, I use my eye tubes preferred by doctors, tablets and many more but still my eyes become red. What to do Please help me.
I'm currently under Anti - Tuberculosis allopathic medication for the past three months. Lately I've got a problem of eyesight. There seems bubble-like matter and dark spots moving in front of my eyes. I even feel a haziness and dizziness leading to a sort of vertigo due to this. I think this has been due to the side-effects of my anti- tuberculosis medicines. Is there a serious risk to my eyesight? What should I do? Can you please suggest any suitable health tip for my eyes?
Hello sir. I have problem in my eye sight. Myopia. My left eye is 6/6. And right eye is 6/9. What should I do for improving my eye sight. Suggest please.
I suffer from eye itching problem, I think this is due to rainy season and traveling, please give me an eye drop. Thanks.
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.