Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. G K AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 35 aged male , working as profit centre head for a pvt limited company in kochi, am having severe back pain and pain on right leg .i hate noisy things even at home. I always wish to sit in a silent place or at my work place.
Hi, I am 31 years woman, weighing 93 Kgs. Suffering with Plantar fasciitis. Recently I have joined Bokwa classes which is similar to Zumba exercise program. But it involves lot of jumping. I am suffering more pain after the workout in my foot. Though I am wearing proper supporting shoes during the workouts. Pls suggest if it is dangerous to do this kind of fitness exercise with Plantar fasciitis or not and alternative way to loose weight.
I am suffering from joint pain last two months after chikungunya. I used churna (Calcium carbonate) in lukewarm water last one week. Is it safe to me. Please suggest me.
How the frozen shoulder should be treated for a person having age 45 years with no history of sugar,cholesterol and blood pressure.
I am 20 year old male have body weakness from 6 months and my and plam is so paining like hell after writing one page I don't know what will I do please help?
I am 32 years male. I have neck strain from last night due to use of big pillow in sleeping. I cant move my neck. Kindly suggest me best medicines.
My mother 73 yes is rheumatoid arthritis patient since 30 yrs. She is on steroids. Now walking has become nearly nil. Is knee replacement surgery safe for rheumatic patients? What could be the negatives if we go for bilateral TKR.
I was stand in chair and the chair slip and I will gone to the flore and I have shoulder pain you suggest me what tu or spray I will take to relief my shoulder pain pls ans fast.
I am 21 years old male I have back ache problem . I have used so many medicines and pain relief but there was no effect on my back. It pains when I bend down or do any work . Suggest me what should I do now.
Suffering with the severe pain in my lower back and pain passes through my hip and legs. And Also suffering gynecological issues (heavy white bleeding and chest pain).
I am male 45 years old. I am having problems related to excess uric acid / gout. Kindly suggest ayurvedic and/or allopathic remedies.
Is osteoartharitis & diabetes curable, what is the healthy blood sugar level & how much is the grace counts without damaging the other organs of body.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
My wife suffering Rheumatoid Arthritic from May-2015, she feel unbearable pain from hand, leg etc. Pl give me advice what steps may be taken for her recoveries.
Joints are intersections between bones; they provide support to your body during movement. There are a host of conditions which might lead to joint pain; they are bursitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout. The most common joint pain disorders are knee pain, hip pain and shoulder pain.
Ayurveda associates joint pain with loss of bone density in the joints. This problem is characterized by a feeling of discomfort and cracking sounds. If the condition is not treated, it might lead to immobilization of the joint. The condition of the bones tends to deteriorate as they do not receive enough nutrition.
The other cause that leads to joint pain is toxin accumulation in the joints. As the toxin accumulates, it leads to heavy and stiff joints. If preventive measures are not taken on time, continuous accumulation of toxins may lead to swollen joints.
The various Ayurvedic remedies for joint pain are:
- Diet: Focus on eating foods especially that are salty, sour and sweet in taste. Add healthy foods such as rye and quinoa along with ghee as they pacify the "vata" in your body. Focus on natural foods such as vegetables and fruits to your diet.
- Herbs: Certain herbs such as turmeric help to treat joint pain. It contains curcumin that has anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the pain. You may also consume fenugreek seeds for its antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make sure you exercise on a daily basis, do basic bodyweight exercises such as push-ups and squats to improve your strength. You may also start with yoga workouts to build flexibility and mobility in your body.
- Smoking and Alcohol: Limit smoking and alcohol consumption to keep your body healthy, and free from free radical damage. Alcohol may also cause you to put on weight, thus leading to obesity. Smoking may cause various problems in the lungs that may lead to breathing disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.