Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hello Sir/mam My son is 9 months old. He has cold and cough. From back some days he caught by cold and cough many times. What should I do? Will it cure without medicines? One more question is that, is it necessary to give multivitamin or vitamin drops to the child. Which and when. Thanks.
I have a 6 year old son and day by day he is so aggressive and he don't do his study with patience what should I do?
Hi Doctor, My baby is a 2 months old she is crying at night time only at morn she will active and sleep well also . At night time only she was crying continues and my family Dr. given pedicloryl syrup I've doubt sir that's syrup use daily it's give any side effects sir, we can use or not? I'm worry about it sir please reply my ans.
For 2 years 6th child is it bad for her to drink 1 1/2 lit milk per day. Does it develop kidney stones even gallbladder.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
My 3 year old baby is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My baby is 5 months old. He is suffering with cold from 5 days. Can I use salbutamol 2.5mg nebuliser? I have given paracetamol, phenylephrine, cpm combination with advice of pediatrition.?
Hi! My daughter is 12 year old she is suffering from cold from last one week. I gave her febrex plus but she is still complaining of blocked nose. Pls suggest some good medicine. She does not have other health problems nor she is having fever now.
Hi my 22 days old baby got red dots means like small small boil on neck back five days now neck part is clear and it spreaded to face let me know any solution.
My son had 50 day old baby his urine is after try in his brief it will show some dark stain in his brief . But the Dr. said nothing to worry abt is after 3 month it will continue means we will take some tests . I want the reason for this plz.
My 2.5 yrs old boy is suffering from stomach ache and having gas all the time. He is not eating anything and vomiting if given medicines. He is also having mild fever and loose motions.
My son is 16 year old, he is suffering from asthma. Can I give lavolin rotocap 100mcg three time in a day. + budecort 100mcg only without medicine ?
Sir, mere bete ki age 8 sal h. Uski aankhe kai dino se jpak rhi h. Dr. Ko dikhaya to nmi ki kmi bta rhe h. Drops tobcon. F and recool plus dal rhi hu lekin agar ek din bi bhul jati hu tb vhi problem ho jati h. Kya ye drops lifetime dalni pdengi, ya fir in drops se bache ki aankhe thik bi hongi ya ni, ye bimari aage jakr koi bdi bimari to ni bnegi na. please help me.
I have a one year old girl child. Her head temperature is not normal. And sweating. What is the problem doctor.
My son is 2.5 Years old, he is suffering from cough he become healthy after medication but after a month he become sick again. please suggest.
Having a baby brings about a number of changes in your life, including a change in the way you look. The nine months see you putting on additional weight, which you try to shed off once you deliver. To help you get back into shape, here are some very effective and simple ways that you can follow:
Losing weight doesn't mean you need to get started on a vigorous exercise regimen; even a simple walk around your apartment block can help you to lose your baby weight. Whether it's going up and down the stairs for 15 minutes or pushing the stroller for about 30 minutes, such activities can bring your body's calorie-burning capacity back on track.
- Breastfeed to burn about 600-800 calories everyday - Breastfeeding is not only good for your newborn but also for you. Breastfeeding your child can help you to lose weight considerably as it's a great way of burning off all the baby fat.
- Lift weights to speed up your body's metabolism - Lifting weights can aid in improving your body's metabolism, thereby helping you to lose your baby weight effectively. By adding weight training to your fitness regimen, you're in fact helping yourself to build muscle mass and losing weight in the process. To do this, you don't need any gym equipment, for instance, you can do lunges while taking your baby around in a stroller. Or do them while holding your child close to your chest.
- Always snack healthily - Having healthy snacks in place of high-calorie sugary foods can help you to get back your post-pregnancy shape. Studies show that yogurt and low-fat milk can help in weight loss as the calcium content present in these two foods block a hormone that assists the body in storing fat. Moreover, consuming foods high in fiber like raisins and figs can help in improving your digestion.
- Get adequate sleep - Sleeping is another way in which you can shed off those extra kilos. Try to sleep whenever you get the time as it'll help to keep you from binging on junk foods as well as keep your energy levels in check.
Related Tip: Benefits of Breastfeeding for Baby & Mother