Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Farheen Asaf
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Farheen AsafYour feedback matters!
Hysterectomy is a procedure that is used to treat a wide variety of conditions. A partial hysterectomy is performed for the removal of the uterus whereas a myomectomy is performed for the removal of the fibroids. A complete hysterectomy is performed in order to remove the uterus and the cervix. With hysterectomy, there comes some critical and sensitive topic that needs to be discussed with the surgeon. Here is a list of top 10 things that need to be known about hysterectomy:
- The sex life concern: Unlike common apprehension, hysterectomy doesn’t necessarily mean the end of sex life. In the worst case scenario where the cervix is removed, it takes around 6 weeks before one can resume the sex life.
- Hysterectomy can’t cure endometriosis: Endometriosis is a condition that is characterised by menstrual cramp, painful intercourse and chronic pain. Hysterectomy is not the first line of treatment for a condition like this. If any doctor has suggested it, it makes sense to take a second opinion.
- Hysterectomy doesn’t mean menopause: This procedure doesn’t mean a menopause or an inability to get pregnant. There are certain other misconceptions such as getting night sweats, hot flashes and menstrual cramp etc. On the contrary, a well-performed procedure will ensure that a person doesn’t feel a thing after the surgery.
- The loss in ovaries: Depending on the condition of a patient, a doctor might remove the fallopian tube, uterus and ovaries. It necessarily means a sudden loss of oestrogen and progesterone hormone abruptly. Both this hormone are critical for bone and sexual health. It might also lead to menopause, decreased urge in sex and hot flashes during the night. It is therefore very important to discuss each and every aspect of the procedure before the surgery begins.
- Hormonal therapy: Since the removal of ovaries is likely to cause physical discomfort to the body, hormonal therapy can come to the rescue of an individual. Hormonal therapy can curtail the risk of blood clot formation, heart diseases, stroke etc.
- Explore other non-surgical options: Hysterectomy is not the last word for any uterus or ovary related problems. The goal is to keep the uterus intact. There are certain less evasive procedures to save ovaries and uterus. This is where multiple opinions come handy.
- Less invasive options: There exist less invasive surgeries for treatment related to uterus and ovaries. For instance, a robotic hysterectomy causes far less pain as compared to traditional procedure. It also ensures less loss of blood from the system resulting in less weakness.
- The morcellation technique: In case a uterus has to be removed, doctors these days use a process known as morcellation. The latter involves making small cuts into various places of the uterus in order to bring it out. The false apprehension of this process causing cancer cells in the body is not true. Only if a patient is suffering from a particular kind of cancer, it might spread to other parts of the body. A doctor has to be consulted to assure such a thing doesn’t happen.
- Cancer apprehension: For people facing a gene defect such as BRAC1 and BRAC2 hysterectomy can reduce the chance of ovarian cancer by a good 80 percent.
- Physiological healing post hysterectomy: Although physical healing takes no more than 6 weeks after the procedure, the emotional healing might take some time. It makes sense to seek professional help for postoperative depression.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 26th Feb after which I took unwanted 72 within 12 hours. I had my periods on 3rd March which was brown spotting and ended for a shorter time than my usual periods. Now, it is 5th of May and I am late on my periods. I have also taken 2 pregnancy tests but the results are negative. Please answer my query asap as it is very urgent.
I have irregular periods problem. Last time, on April 10th I got my periods. Its nearly two months I didn't get my periods. Can you suggest any medicine or syrup through which I can get my periods instantly.
Dear sir, I had sex with my Gf on 12th March and I used condom too and 17th March ko usse vomiting and loose motion huye thy Meri gf ko periods 4th se 7th date me hota hai so iss bar mere gf ko periods toh huye but pehle jaisa hote usse thoda sa Kam he hua bleeding so she is pregnant or not I want to know?
My wife usually has fixed date for her periods i. E 15th but from last two months she is getting her periods earlier from 13 to 9th of month. Please suggest.
Lupus is an autoimmune disease, which is chronic i.e. lasts for years or more than at least six weeks and may affect any part or organ of the body. The immune system fights off viruses, bacteria and germs by producing proteins known as antibodies. Autoimmune means that due to some defect, your immune system is unable to differentiate between the healthy tissues in your body and foreign invader that harms your body; thus creating antibodies that destroy the healthy tissues. This causes inflammation and damage to various parts of the bodies, leaving the sufferer in excruciating pain.
- Fatigue: Most of the people suffering from Lupus experience weariness and fatigue. People usually take afternoon naps to remedy this. However, this may lead to insomnia. Talk to a doctor to successfully cure this symptom.
- Unexplained Fever: If you suffer from recurrent fever that hovers around 99 to 101 degrees Fahrenheit, visit the doctor as soon as possible since this is a sign of infection or inflammation.
- Hair Loss: One of the most prominent symptoms of Lupus is hair loss or thinning of hair. You may find your hair looking brittle, thin and ragged, including the hair on your eyebrows, eyelashes and other parts of the body.
- Lesions or Skin Rash: Another prominent symptom is the butterfly rash that covers both the cheeks and the bridge of the nose and appears right before a flare up. This rash may occur all of a sudden or when exposed to the sunlight. Lupus also causes lesions and discoloration on various parts of the body due to exposure to sunlight or artificial light.
- Pulmonary Issues: Lupus causes pleuritic chest pain due to painful inflammation in the lungs as well as the areas surrounding it such as diaphragm and lung blood vessels. This affects the patient's breathing process. Moreover, Lupus is also known to decrease the size of the lung also called the "Vanishing Lung Syndrome" that is identified by shortness of breath and chronic chest pain.
- Kidney Inflammation: Most individuals suffering from Lupus tend to develop nephritis that is inflammation in the kidneys. It is imperative to visit the doctor if you have symptoms of Nephritis as it may cause end-stage renal disease (ESRD) if untreated.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had unprotected sex with my girl friend on the 19th day from her periods. She took unwanted 72 after 16 hours. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Please help me.
From a medical standpoint, intercourse during menstruation is completely fine. Most men have claimed that period sex seems messier when compared to intercourse on normal days but, other than that, there aren’t any risk regarding period sex. In fact, it is advisable to engage in vaginal intercourse during periods for a variety of reasons.
Here are a few things you should know about period sex:
- Intercourse during periods isn’t harmful: Contrary to the popular myth, period blood doesn’t contain impurities which might affect the penis in any way. Instead, menstrual blood is normal blood mixed with disposed off tissues from the lining of the uterus and the penis isn’t affected by menstrual blood in any way. The menstrual blood serves as excellent lubricant to make the process of intercourse smoother.
- Chances of pregnancy still persist: It is not okay to completely ward off protective measures during periods because even though it is safer than other days, there might be a small chance that the sperm of a man lives on in the female body till early ovulation. Besides, the chance of getting a sexually transmitted disease is the same during period sex.
- Can relieve cramps: Some women claim that having sex during their period helps ease their cramps as having an orgasm releases ‘pain- reducing endorphins’ into the bloodstream. Also, some medical practitioners believe that sex provides relief by using up chemicals which are responsible for cramps. Thus, having period sex can prove to be relaxing and less painful than normal days.
- Sexual arousal ups during menstruation: Most women feel hornier and more aroused during periods because of the increase in the hormonal levels. Some women feel heavier in the pelvic area which increases the sex drive; precisely the reason why having sex during this time is a good idea. So, for all you know, you might actually have a brilliant intercourse session when she’s on her period. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
What is the difference between late period and miscarriage. How is it possible to differentiate between late period and miscarriage by observations. Also please answer what are the symptoms of miscarriage. Thank you.
Sjögren’s Syndrome/Sicca syndorme is a condition which is an autoimmune disease. This condition has no treatment with conventional system of medicines. Patients are advised to survive on Steroidal Remedies or immunosuppressive medicines. These medicines have severe side effects on the body and lead to the poor quality of life. A patient doesn’t get the relief from the disease. But starts inviting other complications with all such treatments. Sukhayu Ayurved is a prime institution Sjögren's Syndrome treatment in Ayurveda of Ayurveda where we are providing Sjögren’s Syndrome treatment in Ayurveda.
What happens in Sjögren’s Syndrome?
Dry eyes and dry mouth are two main symptoms which appear in Sjögren’s Syndrome. Other than these there are several other symptoms too
- Joint pain is another common symptom of Sjögren’s Syndrome. Morning stiffness might be present just similar to the rheumatoid arthritis. Prolonged fatigue and tiredness also appear in these cases.
- Because of lack of saliva- salivary glands start swelling up. This happens due to heavy working of the glands. Skin rashes along with dry skin is also another symptom of Sjögren’s Syndrome. Due to dryness in throat, patients come with a complaint of regular dry cough.
- Apart from all these signs and symptoms the most common thing in Sjögren’s Syndrome is – dry eyes and dry mouth. The noun dry eye syndrome and dry mouth syndrome are also in use because of the commonness of these symptoms.
Ayurveda About Sjögren’s Syndrome
The main thing in the treatment is the correct diagnosis. Until unless we don’t have the correct diagnosis in Ayurvedic terms, it is hard to treat or take a case for any of the diseases. When it comes to the Sjögren’s Syndrome, team of Sukhayu Ayurved has worked hard to pinpoint the ayurvedic diagnosis. This is Udaka Vaha Srotas Dushti! If we look at the classical reference of the same we find the same-
जिह्वा तालु ओष्ठ कण्ठ क्लोम शोषम पिपासां चातिवृद्धम दृष्ट्वोदकव्हानयस्य स्रोतांसि प्रदुष्टनीति विद्यात!
चरक विमान स्थान ५/८
In this reference Charaka says that this is the “turbulence” in the Udaka Vaha Srotas. Which leads to the dryness of the tongue, palate, lips and throat along with excessive thirst. This is the thing which has similar reference to the Sjögren’s Syndrome.
Sjögren’s Syndrome Treatment in Ayurveda
Once we have a direct reference to the diagnosis, we need the Chikitsa Sutra and that we find in the same reference very much loud and clear- तृष्णोपशामनि तथैवामप्रदोषीकी! That clearly indicates that we should work on the toxins- Aama, which are the main thing in any of the autoimmune or immune system related conditions- which are the root cause of the problem. Along with that we need to pacify the thirst.
In Ayurved every treatment is given in terms of Sutra- the line of treatment and we follow the text as it is in every case, whether it is a complicated cancer and Sjögren’s Syndrome or simple fever. The actual treatment is given in accordance to the condition of the patient. Bio-constitution (Prakriti) and complete examination of the patient, is important in Ayurved.
For Sjögren’s Syndrome treatment in Ayurveda, a patient needs to stay with us for 16 days, we give Basti treatment along with medicines- in start it is an IPD treatment later on you need to continue the medicines for 5 to 6 months for complete control on the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.