Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Hi my heartbeat increases suddenly sometimes after getting a push from inside. I think it is due to gastric problem this happens once in 15-20 days. This remains for about 5 minutes. My ECG is normal and I did not eat outside's oily food. I got normal after the gas got passed. What is this problem and what is the solution. I got this problem when I was living outside my home for 3 months.
Sir i'm suffering from hypothyroidism and overweight i. E, 78.9 kgs. Now my legs are swelling, sometimes even face also swelling. Swelling is not responding for tab. Lasix. I'm taking 75 mcg of thyronarm daily. Please suggest remedy for my ailment. I am 45 years old.
I have some piles related problem, I can't eat non veg which is my favorite, can you suggest some medicine so I can eat everything.
I have dry cough on regular basis. It's sudden for half an hour and relieved for the next two days. What should I do?
What is the side effects of regular masturbation? How to recover myself from the side effects of masturbation?
My chest is paining a lot from last 3 dayz n I had fallen from stairs. Please recommend the tablets asap.
My 8-year son has three-time plaster his right and left foot 2 years back. Now he has joined badminton class but some times he saying pain in the left foot should we continue the practice or we should consult some doctor.
Sir, from few days I am suffering from stomach problem. Stomach feels tight doesn't matter I have eaten or not. Some time feels fever, body becomes hot and feel very weak. Due to this reason I'm unable to take normal diet. Sir I think this problem is due to accumulation of gases inside the stomach, because when I take some gas reliving syrup it feels helpful but not so effectively for long time. Please advice me sir!
I've been suffering from cough and cold for 3 days? I'm also feeling feverish. I'm 32 years old. There's no other co morbidity I'm suffering from. My weight is 78 kg.Please tell.
I am having migraine and sinusitis I am facing a big problem I can't eat cold food can't travel in cold misty climate can't sit in Ac. At this time I face small pain and I can't concentrate or face others I will have to hold my forehead with my hand or stick forehead some where I am having cold also and my nose is always blocked docs told my nose is having a bend what can I do please help me I visited many doctors also Please help.
I have very strong fever since last night. any medicine is not working to improve my health what can I do?
Diabulimia is a type of eating disorder in which patients of Type 1 diabetes intake less amount of insulin purposely, in order to lose weight. This disorder, however, is not a formal diagnosis. The disorder may be defined as disturbed eating behavior.
Our body requires insulin for moving glucose from the blood to the cells. In type 1 diabetes patients, the pancreas stop producing insulin and glucose gets stored in our bloodstream. This causes extra stress on the kidney in getting rid of excess of sugar. The body gets devoid of glucose and the calories associated with it and a rapid loss in weight occurs. Patients develop binge eating, with more emphasis on sugar and carbohydrate enriched foods. The excess sugar gets out of the body by urinating.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Occurrence of hyperglycemia
- Developing a habit of eating more, but still experiencing weight loss
- The shift in weight may be dramatic
- The energy level is low
- Eating patterns turn unusual
- Binge eating
- Developing an obsession for food
- Enhanced awareness about body image
- Feeling anxious about the weight
- A delay occurs in sexual maturity or attaining puberty
- Occurrence of stress
- Hospitalization is required frequently for diabetic patients
- Exercising amount increases
- The patient tends to hide food
- There is a smell of ketones from the breath and urine of the patient
- Frequency of urination gets enhanced
- Malnutrition occurs signalled by hair loss or drying of skin
Health hazards of Diabulimia
- Diabulimia can cause a great amount of permanent effects on the body, irrespective of age.
- Patients with diabulimia have a risk of getting early comorbidities.
- Health issues similar to issues arising from diabetes are observed, but are more adverse in nature.
- Dehydration happens along with excess urination.
- The patient experiences fatigue and the level of concentration falls down.
- An electrolyte disbalance is caused.
- There may be risk of heart attack, stroke, retinopathy, neuropathy, gastroparesis.
- Vascular disorders, gum infections and infertility in women may also occur.
- In the most extreme cases, death occurs.
It has been proven by research that almost 30% of type 1 diabetes patients are the ones who abstain from or avoid using insulin in order to lose weight. This habit leads to the risk of many other fatal diseases which may be permanent in nature. Dibulimia is more common among teenage girls who suffer from type 1 diabetes and are generally obsessed with body image. Diabulimia is an eating disorder which leaves a patient at risk of acquiring many other severe diseases. It is advised not to neglect your insulin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.