Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Eshwar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. EshwarYour feedback matters!
Is there any pill which can b given to my gf, after having continues intercourse for about 20 days. I don't want her to get pregnant. please help fast.
Sir my 37 year old, I drink daily five liters of water, is it ok to drink that much quantity of water or it will put more burden on my kidneys, please help.
I am 47 years old. I'm a BP patient and I do consume alcohol. I'm observing that my hands tend to shake. For instance, when I'm having my food with right hand they shake and even my head shakes a little when I'm in anger or during adrenaline. First I thought of not asking this question because I found it a little embarrassing but I'm posting this question because my kids and my wife observed it. Please help.
I am having pcos and I am taking medicine for that since last month but I had to take synthetic medicine to start my period why so? When it will come regularly by itself?
I am suffering from hbs ag positive since 2005 and I want to best treatment. My age 40 year old. Please tell me about it ?
Can HIV virus at early stage be cured? Or once it happen, the person will have to die with the disease.
Dear sir, my mother is 62 years old and due to minor accident at home she got a injury on her nee before 5 days, after the accident nee is sowlen and black in colour, but after the massage with ice and valoni jel she feels better and she can do daily routine work smoothly, but now the black color is spread. And we are consulted an orthopedic doctor and digital xray the report is normal, but black color is still spread. Therefore you are requested please suggested what can I do.
The kidneys are responsible for the elimination of waste from the body. The blood is filtered in the kidneys and all toxic wastes are filtered out and excreted through urine. When this filtration does not happen effectively, a lot of waste can be found in the blood, which affects normal body function.
Kidneys may lose their functioning either due to age, injury, or disease conditions. Whatever the reason, when kidney function is hampered, the body suffers. If there was an injury or congenital problem, it could be unilateral and the non-affected kidney could still do the function. However, if it is infection or old age, normally both kidneys are affected and then replacement should be looked for externally. This is where a kidney transplant comes into the picture.
What is it?
It is a surgery where a healthy, functioning kidney is placed into the body. The donor could be
- Living: These donors have to be related or unrelated. Related is often termed someone, who is a family member and is willing to donate one kidney (one kidney is sufficient for normal, healthy individuals) to the diseased person.
- Cadaver: If a person is willing to donate kidneys post death, these are used for transplant, within a specified time.
Identifying the right donor and recipient:
- Blood type and tissue type should be matched; a good tissue type match improves the chances of success
- Overall health of the donor to ensure there is no heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes
- The recipient also should be healthy
What to expect during surgery?
- Once a donor is identified, in living donors, the surgery to remove the kidney and to transplant it are done simultaneously
- The surgery usually takes about 3 to 4 hours
- Antibiotics are given prior to the surgery to prevent infection
- The blood vessels and ureter are connected back to the kidney after the transplant
- Hospital stay can range from 5 days to 2 weeks, depending on the overall health of the patient and the anticipated risk of rejection.
- Most transplanted kidneys work effectively almost immediately. A kidney stored from a cadaver may take a little longer compared to a fresh kidney from a living donor
- People who have had transplants are put on immunosuppressants on a chronic basis to reduce chances of rejection. The new kidney will always be recognised by the body as a foreign body, and so this is essential.
Kidney transplant success rates are quite high, and more and more people are opting for transplants as opposed to dialysis. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!