Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ekta SachdevaYour feedback matters!
When do kids start losing their baby teeth?
Children will lose their first tooth around age 6. They’ll continue to lose 3–4 teeth per year until they have lost all 20 of their baby teeth by about age 12.
Which teeth fall out first?
Baby teeth usually fall out in the order they came in. The front bottom teeth are often the first to go. The last teeth to fall out are usually the big molars in the back of the mouth.
Does losing a tooth hurt?
Losing a tooth shouldn’t hurt very much. If it is very painful, it probably means that your child is trying to pull a tooth that’s not quite ready to come out. If the pain gets bad, you can put an over-the-counter, pain-relieving gel on the gum surrounding the tooth. Make sure it’s for children, and don’t use it too much or too often.
Should I pull a loose tooth?
The short answer is no. It can tear the gum tissue around the tooth and cause injury. Allow your child to gently wiggle their tooth. But tell them they should let a tooth fall out on its own.
What happens if my child swallows their tooth?
Nothing, really. Accidentally swallowing a tooth isn’t a big deal. It will simply pass through the body.
Will there be a lot of blood when my child loses their tooth?
There shouldn’t be very much blood at all. When there is a lot of blood, it is usually caused by forcing a tooth out before it is ready. To stop bleeding, have your child bite down on gauze, cotton ball or a clean cloth until the bleeding slows.
When do permanent teeth start to grow in?
Usually it takes a few weeks for the permanent tooth to begin to poke through. It will take a few months more for the tooth to fully grow in.
What to do when i see a permanent tooth erupting before the baby tooth has fallen out?
You need to visit your dentist and get a examination done for your child. In some cases it may be advisable to remove the baby tooth to make way for the permanent one.
I am having a toothache, the pain is on the right side of my jaw and it feels like there's a lump or something right below a tooth. I think the problem is in the gums and when pressed it ache's severely sometimes. What must I do?
My six years old daughter got two additional teeth behind front two teeth of her lower jaw. One teeth is two months old and another is four month old. What should be the remedy? Should we wait till naturally fall of her teeth?
Hi The enamel of my teeth has become weak leading to chewing problem. Dentist advised vantage toothpaste, which has helped. What else can I do?
I am 23 year's old male. I have gum problem badly. And bad smell also. I use so many toothpaste. Sometime gum it swells. So what should I do?
Enamel loss is nothing but tooth enamel erosion and this is quite a pathetic kind of oral condition. If the eroded enamel does not get restored, then your oral condition will get deteriorated to a great extent.
Teeth enamel plays the most important role in protecting teeth and if this layer gets eroded, then your teeth will get heavily damaged. Your teeth will not only get eroded, but the real dental color will also get changed.
Why enamel erosion occurs?
- Drinking excessive hot or cold: Your enamel is very much sensitive to hot or cold food items and as a result of which email loss is invited.
- Having fruit drinks: Citric acid in the fruit drinks is the element that can cause enamel erosion.
- Sugary diet: Excessive sugary diet is the very prominent cause of this kind of dental condition and thus you should take more and more of non-sugary foods.
- Environmental factors: There are many environmental factors that are responsible for enamel loss, and they are corrosion, stress, tear, wear, friction and others.
- Medications: Few medications are there that can cause enamel erosion and these medicines are antihistamines, aspirin and many more.
- Gastrointestinal troubles: These kinds of troubles are prone to the frequent erosion of tooth enamel and thus these problems need to be resolved as soon as possible.
What are the leading treatments for restoring enamel loss?
- Using fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash: There are many talented dentists who are strongly recommending the usage of both fluoride mouthwash and toothpaste so that tooth decay can be easily prevented. These products are now commercially available over-the-counter.
- Routine dental check-up: Daily dental check-up is needed so that oral condition can be checked so that the causes and signs of enamel loss can be detected, and then only perfect treatments can be easily applied.
- Taking vitamin-D supplements: there are many drugs and supplements that are enriched with vitamin-D, and they can be taken on a regular basis so that decayed enamel can be easily restored in a safe manner. Coconut oil can be taken in addition to these supplements for getting greater oral benefits.
- Cosmetic restoration options: There are many enamel-restoration options that can be cosmetically performed. Some of the popular options are crowning, filling, and others. On the other hand, leading a healthy lifestyle is also very important in this regard.