Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Ekta NarulaYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, I'm 23 years old & my sister is 11 years old. Both suffering from bad breathe. We brush twice a day. please help me according to this problem.
Often we are caught by a piercing pain that shoots through the roots of our teeth right up to our cranial region, at fairly unsuspecting moments. The pain can either cause momentary discomfort or end up being excruciating and difficult to bear. Rushing to the dentist is usually the only recourse left for us to take at such times. Most of such complaints meet the same verdict, that of, ‘sensitive tooth’. The problem of sensitive tooth has emerged as one of the most recurring and prevailing dental ailments.
Usually exposing the affected tooth to extreme tastes like sweet and sour or hot and cold food items can trigger off sensitivity in your teeth. Tooth sensitivity usually occurs when the nerve endings are exposed to food and other foreign particles due to a condition of gum pull back. This primarily takes place due to insufficient oral care which results in the decomposition of tooth enamel. This also makes one vulnerable to tooth decay and cavity formation. Inflammation of gums and persistent intake of acid inducing food products are among the other prominent factors leading to tooth sensitivity. The incidence of tooth sensitivity also increases with age. However, it is a fairly defeasible disease and one of the foremost steps to rectify the condition is meticulous and regular dental care.
Some of the steps to follow while dealing with sensitive tooth can be as follows.
1. Regular oral care: Maintaining the oral hygiene is paramount to avoid the recurrence of tooth sensitivity. Use of a proper brush in the right technique at least twice a day is mandatory. For the best results and to avoid gum bleeding, dentists recommend the use of a soft bristled toothbrush. Over and above brushing, one must use fluoride and antiseptic mouthwash for rinsing purposes. Use of floss is also a good practice.
2. Using a proper toothpaste: The choice of toothpaste needs to be judicious. The best kind is a fluoridated toothpaste with a lesser proportion of tartar present in it. Regular use may substantially reduce the harm caused by tooth decay and work as a viable solution to sensitive tooth.
3. Regular visits to the dentist: Prevention is better than cure. As such, it helps to make periodic visits to the dentist to check the condition of your teeth rather than making an SOS rush to her or his clinic when disaster strikes. Oral hygiene can be best maintained when abiding by the instructions given by the dentists.
My two lower front teeth is covered with yellow stain and has become weak and gums are also bleeding. If I cleaned from dentist it will definitely broken. Please suggest how can I cure it?
Sir I have smelling problem in my teeth 3 month before i.do treatment for this by a dentist in my area. But few days again I started facing this smelling prob. Nobody wants to talk. To me my friends ,everybody told me that your mouth is smelling do something for this. Help me sir please tell me something. At morning when I wake up my saliva is smelling very badly. Please help me sir.
Sir am 35 years old boy bcoz of smoking my teeth becomes yellow from past 6 weeks I quit smoking now please tell me what toothpaste I have to use or what treatment I have to follow.
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.
Today smile has become one of the most important of one's personality. Be it personal, or professional. There are so many people who come down to the dentist to get their teeth corrected either cosmetic which includes crowns (porcelain fused metal, metal free) or laminates, or veneers. Or orthodontic tooth movement which is done to move teeth naturally. These are of various types (metal, ceramic, lingual, or invagilin or clear braces. Which usually as per case takes one yr to 1.5 years to get into perfect alignment. For this one must visit the dentist to look for all the clinical details, which as a dentist would decide the time duration and type of braces one would want to go for. At times, there are difficult cases in which extraction may or may not be required, a monthly visit to the dentist. Mild pain during tooth movement. Before we start any treatment we take records in the form of model X-rays. (full mouth, lateral ceph, photographs as per case. All the above details are used to develop a customized treatment plan. This is commonly done by fixing braces to your teeth and using a thin guiding wire to straighten the irregular teeth. Various steps include
Leveling and aligning
Detailing and finishing
Dental braces care
Brush teeth regularly with paste you have to pay special attention to the brackets placed. Use an orthodontic brush, an interdental brush to remove all debris stuck between brackets.
Foods to avoid while wearing brackets
Chewing gum, sticky chewy food.
Hard foods like carrots, apple, nuts which might break brackets.
Lastly, dental retainers which need to be placed for 24 hours initially for a period of 3 months and after that only at night during sleep. Retailers have to be worn for a period of 6 months to one yr. If retainers not worn teeth might start moving back to original position (relapse) so please do as per dentist's recommendations.