Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ekta Mathur
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ekta MathurYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from throat infection and cold from past 3 weeks. I took taximo 200, azax 250 and clavam 625 for 2 days. It got better. Now from past 4 days I have been coughing like crazy. Throat pain, cold, continuous cough at times feel like vomiting, 102.4 fever. I consulted a general physician he gave me the following medicine and asked me to take it twice a day: Bolus -D Solvin Dolo 650 Clavam 625 Ambrolite D syrup I have taken 5 dose of the above medicine. Keeping black pepper in my mouth throughout the day and night, applied warm ghee on my neck, had mulethi pan, had salted warm Water. Nothing is helping. I feel that If this cough is not going to stop them I will die. I am on my first day of periods. My stomach muscles are paining like hell because of coughing. Please suggest a quick remedy.
For people recovering from a back surgery, constipation is quite common and causes discomfort or pain. There are several aspects of a back surgery which may lead to constipation. They include anaesthesia, changes in diet, stress and the use of some pain relieving medicines.
- The symptoms of constipation are:
- Pain and bloating in the abdomen.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Hard stools and the inability of bowel movement.
Ways to prevent constipation:
Here are several simple ways by which you can prevent or minimize pain or discomfort due to constipation after a back surgery.
- You should increase your daily activities as early as possible after a back surgery. You should walk regularly.
- You must reduce the use of narcotic medicines and use only what is needed for controlling pain. Narcotic medicines slow bowel movement and cause constipation. Use non-narcotic pain relieving medicines to prevent constipation.
- You can use fiber laxatives, stool softeners or combination products after a back surgery to prevent constipation.
- Drinking a lot of water and non caffeinated fluids is very important. You should also have apple cider juice and prune juice, which are effective natural laxatives.
- You should eat natural fiber-rich food for intestinal stimulation. These include whole grains, cereals, fresh fruits and vegetables. It is best to avoid cheese, meat and processed food. Instead of large meals, you must have frequent, small meals throughout the day.
Medicines for constipation:
Non prescription medicines can be taken for preventing or treating constipation after a back surgery.
Here is a list of some effective medicines that relieve constipation:
- Bulk fiber laxatives, which add bulk to stool and encourage water to stay in the colon. These medicines need up to three days to show effect.
- Stool softeners or emollient laxatives help in softening stool by making fluids mix with them.
- Stimulant laxatives take action by stimulation of bowel contractions for moving stool out. They are effective and start working very quickly.
- Combination laxatives perform the functions of laxatives and stool softeners together.
- Suppositories also perform the dual function of stool softening and acting as laxatives. The colon gets contracted, and stool is pushed out and as the stool gets softer, it can pass easily.
- Enemas perform the function of bowel movement stimulation. Liquids are injected into the rectum, up into the colon. This stimulates the colon, and stool is passed.
Constipation occurs commonly in patients after undergoing a back surgery. This may cause utter discomfort and pain. You should take proper precautions and remedies in case of constipation after a back surgery.
Wine lovers have a difficult time answering this question to others, red or white, as both have their share of points when a comparison is being drawn between the two. Too many researches have been undertaken to make a choice and the following are some points that might help you decide.
Some popular white wines include Champagne, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Riesling, and Chenin Blanc. Popular red wines include Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Merlot, and Sangiovese.
White wine is made from white grapes, without any skin or seeds. Red wines are made from whole dark red or black grapes, and the skin adds to the flavour and colour. Red wines are richer, white ones are sweeter.
Though wine lovers would decide on red or white wine depending on their preferred taste, from a health point of view, red wine wins over white wine. Though they are both made of grapes, they do not provide any benefit like fruits. Through fermentation, their original nutrition is lost but newer benefits towards heart and lung health settle in.
Read on to know more.
- Red wines have less natural sugar compared to white wines, though there is no significant difference in terms of carbohydrates or calories.
- Both have equal amounts of calcium, which is good for bones.
- Red wine has more amount of iron, phosphorus, and magnesium compared to the white variety.
- Red wine has as much potassium as in a banana, so beats the white variety again.
- Carotenoids like lutein and zeaxanthin are found in good amounts in the red variety, which is good for macular degeneration.
- Red wine also is richer in choline, which prevents liver damage and overall inflammation.
- Red wines, with the skin as well, contain resveratrol which is protective against heart disease. They prevent plaque formation in the arteries, improve the immune system, and inhibit cancer growth.
- The polyphenol in them are excellent antioxidants and help in preventing cholesterol levels, reducing blood pressure, strengthening the immune system, are anti-infective and anticancer agents.
- The flavonoids in the red wines also have strong antioxidant properties and help in reducing the risk of cancer.
- White wines are more acidic, and so are proven to cause more erosion of the teeth. Red is safer, with less damage to the teeth.
Though white is sweeter, the red one is healthier. With its benefits over the white variety is almost all aspects, it wins over. A word of caution, though wine contains alcohol, which has its own harmful effects on the body. The debate here is only to prove that red wine has more benefits compared to the white variety when consumed in moderate amounts (up to 2 drinks per week). In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Meri gf ki M.C band huye two days huye hai. Kya ab is time sex karane se usake pregnancy ke chance hai. Ya nahi.
I have started menses at the age 11.5 and starting from it I am facing problem of irregularity. As I have taken treatment after taking medicine it is fine and when I stopped medicine it occurs again no periods come without medicine. Dont know what is the cause I have taken ultrasound but nothing find out.
Hi doctor yesterday I had sex with my boyfriend without any protection So l am little affraid that i' will get pregnant or not please help doctor my last period was 3/03/2017 cycle ls of 26-28 days.
Sir/Madam. I am confused between Vagina and other. While going 2 have inter course. Where I will inserting. Geetin cnfus . Pls hlp.
Any surgery that requires an incision will involve sutures or staples as the last step of the procedure. This helps close the incision and keep out infections. Taking care of your stitches can help limit scarring and discomfort and speed up the healing process.
Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Keep it clean and dry: For the first few days, use a washed wet cloth to clean the incision site. After a few days, you may start washing the area with soap and water unless advised else wise by your doctor. Ensure that you dry the skin thoroughly after washing it. Avoid baths that involve soaking the area in water. Also, avoid swimming. Do not use any powders, lotions, creams, deodorants etc on the wound site.
- Look out for signs of infections: Avoid activities that may involve exposing your wound to dirty water, chemicals, dust etc. This increases your risk of infections. Also look out for signs f infections such as redness, swelling, pus or bleeding, fever or increased pain from the wound. In case you notice such signs, consult your doctor at the earliest.
- Do not scratch: As it heals, your skin is likely to turn itchy. However, refrain from scratching so as to reduce chances of infections. Do not try and pull away from the scab but let it fall off on its own. This will also help limit scarring.
- Limit contact: Avoid wearing tight clothes or anything that sticks to the skin while your wound is healing. Instead have plenty of loose, comfortable clothes easily accessible. Also, do not take part in close contact sports such as football etc until the stitches have healed completely.
- Change your dressing regularly: A dressing should be changed as soon as it gets wet or soaked with blood or other body fluids. Wear clean medical gloves while changing a dressing. When putting on a new dressing do not touch the inside of the dressing or apply any creams on the stitches unless advised so by your doctor. In the case of removable stitches, the doctor will usually remove the stitches after a few days. DO not attempt to pull the stitches out on your own.
- Avoid exposing the wound to sunlight: New skin that forms as the incision heals is very sensitive to sunlight and gets sunburnt very easily. Limiting your exposure to sunlight can help reduce the effects of scarring. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!