Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ekta Mathur
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ekta MathurYour feedback matters!
If I do sex with my partner without protection but I don't release sperm in her body so what is the chance that she get pregnant.
Actually my period date was december 30th but till now I didn't get period every month I am getting periods regularly and also I am planning for pregnancy so yesterday I mean 5th day after missed period I done self UPT test but it showed negative result this means am I not pregnant please suggest me can I check after how many days.
Pain during or after sexual intercourse is known as dyspareunia. Although this problem can affect men, it is more common in women. Women with dyspareunia may have pain in the vagina, clitoris or labia. There are numerous causes of dyspareunia, many of which are treatable.
Common causes include the following:
- Vaginal dryness
- Atrophic vaginitis, a common condition causing thinning of the vaginal lining in postmenopausal women
- Side effects of drugs such as antihistamines and tamoxifen (Nolvadex and other brands)
- An allergic reaction to clothing, spermicides or douches
- Endometriosis, an often painful condition in which tissue from the uterine lining migrates and grows abnormally inside the pelvis
- Inflammation of the area surrounding the vaginal opening, called vulvar vestibulitis
- Skin diseases, such as lichen planus and lichen sclerosus, affecting the vaginal area
- Urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, or sexually transmitted diseases
- Psychological trauma, often stemming from a past history of sexual abuse or trauma.
Symptoms of Dyspareunia:
Women with dyspareunia may feel superficial pain at the entrance of the vagina or deeper pain during penetration or thrusting of the penis. Some women also may experience severe tightening of the vaginal muscles during penetration, a condition called vaginismus.
Your health practitioner will check for the following things
- If there was ever a time you had painless intercourse or if you have always had dyspareunia
- If you have enough natural lubrication and if your symptoms improve when you use commercially available lubricants
- About your sexual history (to help assess your risk for sexually transmitted infections)
- If you have ever been sexually abused or had a traumatic injury involving your genitals.
- Lubrication with an over-the-counter lubricant such as K-Y jelly.
- Antifungal medication(if you have any kind of fungal infection)
- Sitz baths for removing the inflammation
- For skin diseases affecting the vaginal area, lichen sclerosus and lichen planus often improve with steroid creams.
- Therapies include topical estrogen cream, low-dose pain medications, and physical therapy with biofeedback to lower the muscle tension in the pelvic floor
- Surgeries can also be prescribed for abnormal growths
For dyspareunia that has no apparent physical cause or has lasted for months or years, you may need psychological counseling to address stress or anxiety regarding sexual intercourse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hi. I started bleeding when I was 7 week pregnant. Then went to the hospital doctors told no heartbeat. The bleeding continues 2 -3 days clots went through bleeding. As natural miscarriage is there doctors given misopristol. But 4 days checkup some portion of fetus is there. So Doctors given Mifepristone tab.
Hi, I am 16 years old and will be 17 in next 2-3 months. I am female. and I am suffering from PCOD. Due to which I suffer from many problems like hair fall. Acne. Weight gaining etc. I need to lose weight as per recommended by all doctors but coming at this stage its very difficult. Though I am working hard. and do exercise and have control on my diet but still its not working as it should. Can you please help me in my diet or ways through which I can reduce weight and get rid of this illness PCOD. and also help me to gain height as I look short.
Upar pet mai baby thahar jata hai jab us baby ko niche lane k liye kya tarika or khana chahiye avi 9th months chal rhaa hai or baby dilivery time pe woman k sareer mai kitna blood hona chahiye avi 9.4 gm hai plz.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.
Infertility is a condition that refers to the inability to conceive, even after regularly having unprotected sex for a period of 6 months at least. In most cases, infertility may also refer to the biological inability of a person to contribute to the process of conception; or to a woman who is incapable of carrying a pregnancy to its full term.
There are several causes behind infertility; but taking the current lifestyle of the people into account, stress and a sedentary lifestyle are emerging as major factors behind this condition.
How do stress and a sedentary lifestyle cause infertility?
1. Stress: Stress is turning into a major cause of infertility, esp. in women. A research carried out by Emory University observed 16 women between their mid 20s-30s, with normal weights for a period of 6 months to come to this conclusion. It found out that each of these women did not get their periods for the 6 months under observation due to high amounts of cortisol (stress hormone) in their body. Each of these women had really hectic work lifestyles, which indicated that women with stressful jobs are at a higher risk of experiencing infertility due to stress.
In fact, both the partners, when going through a period of stress, are unable to conceive. However, during periods when they felt good, their chances of having a baby increased dramatically.
2. A Sedentary Lifestyle: Again, more of a risk factor for women than men.
Amongst women, a sedentary lifestyle during teenage causes hormonal imbalance and anovulatory cycles more commonly seen in PCOD (polycystic ovarian disorder - the development of multiple small cysts in the ovary) patients, which is a major cause for infertility.
As for men, those with a sedentary lifestyle generally tend to be overweight or obese, which can lead to low sperm quality. This, in turn, can significantly reduce a couple’s chances of conceiving.
What can do you to prevent infertility?
1. Stay Active: Acupressure, regular exercising, daily brisk walking, practicing yoga and meditation are some of the ways by which you can alleviate the problem of infertility. Each of these activities help in improving the flow of blood to your reproductive organs, which helps in the release of toxins from the body. They also help in enhancing the movement of the pelvic region and in reducing any type of inflammation and pain in the area, thereby increasing your chances of conceiving. The added benefit of practicing these is a significant reduction in your stress levels.
2. Eat Right: Diet too plays a major role. Certain foods are known to boost your fertility, while maintaining proper hormonal balance and reducing the chances of miscarriage. Foods like cold water fish, raw dairy, eggs, tomatoes and dark leafy greens among others should be a part of your daily diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I'm 25 year old and my weight is 45 kg. I'm getting late periods. 7 months ago I got married. But still I didn't get pregnancy. Is my irregular periods are reason for that. Please tell me the problem for my health and also tell me. The remedially.
Kegel is named after renowned gynaecologist Arnold Kegel. Kegel exercises are for the strengthening the pelvic floor muscles. You must continue doing Kegel exercises multiple times for several days, to begin to see changes and benefits.
1. It is a highly recommended treatment for urinary incontinence
2. Works well in case of decreased bladder control
3. Strengthens pelvic muscles
4. Relieves abdominal cramps
5. Helps in pelvic toning
6. Prevents organ prolapse
7. Beneficial to those with constipation as kegel exercises help regulate bowel movements
Kegel exercises during pregnancy
During pregnancy, most women suffer from problems related to constipation, which can be kept in check by regular practice of kegel exercises. The strengthening of pelvic muscles is of utmost need during this time, as weakened muscles can lead to a major prolapse if they are unable to bear the weight of a baby. Strong pelvic muscles are required to have a healthy pregnancy. These exercises are useful in preparing the muscles for labour and childbirth. If you notice occasional leakage of urine during the third trimester, it is a warning sign of losing bladder control, which, if left untreated, can worsen during the post partum period. Regularly exercising can help prevent complications occurring due to pregnancy.
How To Do Kegel Exercise During Pregnancy?
Try to stop the flow of urine when you are sitting on the toilet without tightening your abdominal, buttock, or thigh muscles. When you're able to successfully start and stop urinating, or you feel the vaginal muscle contract, you are using your pelvic floor muscle, the muscle you should be contracting during Kegel exercises.
You can do Kegel exercises two ways: either by holding or quickly contracting the pelvic floor muscle. To do slow Kegels, contract the pelvic floor muscle and hold for three to 10 seconds. Then relax and repeat up to 10 times. To do fast Kegels, quickly contract and relax your pelvic floor muscle 25 to 50 times. Relax for 5 seconds and repeat the set up to four times.
Squatting: Squatting is helpful during labor because it opens the pelvic outlet an extra quarter to half inch, allowing more room for the baby to descend. But squatting is tiring, so you should practice it frequently during pregnancy to strengthen the muscles needed.
How to do Squatting? An exercise called a wall slide is especially helpful. Stand with your back straight against a wall, place your feet shoulder width apart and about six inches from the wall, and keep your arms relaxed at your sides. Slowly and gently slide down the wall to a squatting position (keeping your back straight) until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold the position for five to 10 seconds, slowly slide back to a standing position. Repeat five or 10 times.
Pelvic Tilt: What is it? Pelvic tilts strengthen abdominal muscles, help relieve backache during pregnancy and labor, and ease delivery. This exercise can also improve the flexibility of your back, and ward off back pain.
How to do Pelvic Tilt? You can do pelvic tilts in various positions, but down on your hands and knees is the easiest way to learn it. Get comfortabe on your hands and knees, keeping your head in line with your back. Pull in your stomach and arch your back upward. Hold this position for several seconds. Then relax your stomach and back, keeping your back flat and not allowing your stomach to sag. Repeat this exercise three to five times. Gradually work your way up to 10 repetitions.
These exercises can yield great benefits with minimal effort. The exercises require no special equipment except comfortable clothes, and a little space to do them.
Do not worry if you are not close to the goal when you begin. Pelvic muscles are like any other muscles in your body. They will become stonger only with time, consistency and mindful work.
Beware: If you sense any pain in your back or abdomen after doing a Kegel set, it is a sign of you not doing them properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.