Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ekta KaleYour feedback matters!
I have irregular periods madam. What to do? I consult many doctors. No use madam. Please suggest any any treatment.
I was having irregular periods and my doctor prescribed me the tablet called YAMINI for 3 months which is contraceptive in nature. I am in the last month of the course of medicine and now I want to conceive. So should I take folic acid tablets from now itself? Is it safe or should I consult my doctor for the same.
How does a women get pregnant, only entering sperm in her vagina is ok or some thing more have to do.
My girlfriend period start on 21/10/16. We had unprotected sex on 1/11/16 .can she get pregnant. Hurry please.
Dr, I had unprotected sex with my gf (21yrs) on 8th of her cycle and, I gave unwanted 72 with in 2 hrs and again we had sex on 15 th day of her cycle this time no pill was given. Her periods are expected to be on 13 th of every month (regular 28-30 days) and she does not have h/o any hormonal imbalances but, her periods are not yet started. Is there any chances of pregnancy Intercourse dates: 21/03 (pill was given) and again on 08/04 (no pill) please tel me is there chances of pregnancy r not?
Hi. I got periods on 1st april and I went on unsafe sex on 29 april. Was it safe. And still now I have not got periods.
Hello Doctor, I am 30year old Female, after my delivery knee pain start. My daughter is 3.5years old. I am working or walk properly or best only in sleeping time it is pain.
I am married it's been one year and I have irregular periods I consulted doctor and they told I have pcod please tell me the solution what can I do. Is pcod harm to get pregnant?
My friend usually get periods 2 months once. Bt thn last month she was alryt she got in 1 month. Bt ths tym again she is not getting. 1 month already over.
Menopause is a tricky problem for women to negotiate. Hot flushes, mood swings, night sweats, sleeplessness, and vaginal dryness are but some of the issues. It's a very similar position to that of puberty whereby the body is out of control and one's emotions follow suite. If a woman going through this time is facing added pressures with family or job she can lose her confidence and sink into a state of depression.
The effect on those around her has a bearing on her moods as they usually fail to understand what is happening to her. In my case the greatest thing was hormone replacement therapy which almost instantly corrected the problems. The brain cleared of its confusion, the other symptoms virtually stopped, and energy levels were restored.
The question many face is how safe is this HRT? Some studies link it to breast cancer and other diseases as a warning against it. But speaking from personal experience the risks of developing is far outweighed by the benefits.
- As opposed to my situation my sister, five years younger, did not take HRT and she had a hysterectomy, which saw the female reproductive organs removed. By the time she was 50 she was diagnosed with the bones of an 80-year-old. She then suffered from osteoporosis with her bones, particularly her ribs, breaking with the slightest pressure.
- On top of that she also has irritable bowel syndrome and other things, such as shingles. Her blood pressure was always low and other problems emerged. Although active and stoic her health went rapidly downhill and she died two years ago of pancreatic cancer at the age of 71. Now one can't say that HRT would have saved her from that but it certainly didn't cause the cancer.
- By way of contrast my body is fit, healthy, strong, with no disease or blood pressure at the age now of 78. My brain is active and productive and most days I attend a gym. My bones are also strong with no sign of osteoporosis. I don't even get headaches or other things most people my age would normally suffer from. I don't even wear glasses.
- While there are great benefits to be had from HRT it is my belief it also preserves the body well into old age. Cancers of the type they proclaim may be associated with it are, in my opinion, not related to it. Breast cancer is common among women of all ages and some die in their twenties from it.
- To be rid of the awful symptoms of menopause is a great achievement by the medical scientists. They have made it possible for many women to remain a productive force in society. My mother who never had the benefits of it suffered and died at the age of 56 years.
- While everyone is different and people have diverse opinions about what is good for their heath my suggestion is to go where your body takes you. Don't be frightened or put off by claims that are as yet unproven.
Hi. This is Anu. M married. I want to ask about periods. Actually before marriage my periods used to stay for min 5 days and max 6 days. But after marriage it stays only for max 3 days. Wil it cause any serious problem in future?
I am 35 year old woman with one daughter 10 years old for past 5 periods I am suffering serve abdomen pain centre during periods and heavy bleeding for 2 3 and 4 th day, I also had thyroid test blood and sonography all was normal other then bulky uterus, all these started after I was detected with kidney cyst few months ago however my latest sonography shows no present cyst in kidney please help.
- Prevents Diabetes: A single serving of onions contains 27% of your biotin DRI. Biotin has many positive impacts on your health, one of which is combating symptoms associated with type 2 diabetes. Early research suggests that a combination of biotin and chromium might help regulate blood sugar and even decrease insulin resistance.
- Healthy Skin: Biotin is also important in maintaining healthy skin. It is used to treat brittle nails, prevent hair loss (although research is still ongoing as to its effectiveness in this regard) and maintain skin health.
- Improved Immunity: Onions contain both vitamin C and photochemical that increases the effectiveness of vitamin C in your body. What does that mean? A healthier, more effective immune system, that’s what.
- Prevents Cancer: Quercetin is more than just a funny looking word. It’s also a plant flavonoid (another funny word that means plant pigment) that possesses potent antioxidants, which fight against cancer-causing free radicals. Free radicals are chemical compounds that damage cell membranes and cause cell death. Onions are rich in quercetin and thus are a powerful weapon in the war against cancer.
- Relieves Stress: Quercetin doesn’t stop there. It also helps protect your body against stress. When you are stressed out your body produces cortical. While cortisol is totally normal, too much of it can damage muscle tissue and cause protein breakdown in the body. That’s where quercetin-rich onions come in. During times of prolonged stress, quercetin suppresses enzyme required for cortisol release. Next time you have a stressful deadline to meet at work, bring along a few raw onions to snack on!
- Lowers Cholesterol: Raw onion also promotes production of HDL which is the good cholesterol that you need to stay healthy.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Onions have anti-inflammatory properties help those who suffer from joint pain and arthritis. But the benefits of betalain is not limited to those with swollen joints; all disease is rooted in chronic inflammation, and, therefore, everyone should seek out foods with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: The sulfur in onions acts as a natural blood thinner and it prevents blood platelets from collecting. This is good for lowering blood pressure and preventing risk of heart attack or stroke, because you are more susceptible if blood platelets clog up. And remember quercetin? Of course you do. Well it also helps prevent plaque buildup in arteries which is also good for preventing heart attack and stroke.
- Digestion: Onions are high in fiber, which is good for maintaining a healthy and regular digestive system. Fiber prevents digestive pain and breaks down food can keep it moving.
Bone Density: Onions bolster bone density for older women. One study found that menopausal women who incorporated onions into their diet had a 20% lower risk of health disease.
I am 41 years old. Recently had hysterectomy and since more than 4 months I had continuous vaginal itching with bad odour and it get worsens at night. I am also having diabetes. So I want to know the reason of this itching .
Sir/mam, its an emergency please help me out. I wouldn't hide anything from you, sir actually we did not had sex, but I just touched my penis on her hole, bt I did not cum there. Now she is having a brown discharge, instead of her regular periods, so sir what does that supposed to mean, we realy do not want a baby, please help me out, please.
I am suffering from PCOD problem from last 4-5 months. I got married just 10 months before and faced scanty periods and skip periods problem after my marriage. I recently consult a gain fr the same ultrasound report shows PCOD problem. Dr. give me a tablet for 21 days diana 35. Is this treatment is ok. When will i'll be fine. Pls suggest me what should I do more for the same.
Cucumbers are a real health treasury. They're rich in nutrients which can fight off even the most detrimental illnesses, including cancer. Also, cucumbers are highly beneficial for the quality of the skin and hair. This veggie is highly efficient in the removal of toxins and hydration of the whole body.
Cucumbers are 95% water. So, this vegetable is one of the best foods for deep hydration of the organism. Also, cucumbers will supply the body with the most important vitamins. Furthermore, these veggies will stimulate your metabolism and aid in the removal of additional body fat. They are a great source of dietary fiber and water, which makes them highly beneficial in the excretion of toxins.
Bad breath is a common problem that affects both women and men. Luckily, cucumbers are the perfect solution. Namely, slice one piece of cucumber, put it in your mouth, and hold it for 30 seconds. Thanks to the anti-bacterial properties, the cucumber will destroy all the bacteria causing the bad breath.
Here are 10 yoga poses that must be practiced daily.
1) Downward facing dog (Adho Mukha Shvanasana) - A top-notch upper body strengthener, this pose helps in strengthening hamstrings, calves and thighs. Since your hips are higher than your heart in this pose, it increases blood circulation.
2) Butterfly pose (Baddhakonasana) - Best asana for pregnant women, it helps in smooth delivery. Butterfly asana should be practiced preferably after first trimester. Practice daily for healthy reproductive system, curing menstruation problem, improved flexibility in the groin and in the hip region.
3) Plank pose (Chaturanga Dandasana) - Plank pose is the simplest yet most effective to help strengthen your arms, back, shoulders, core, quadriceps.
4) Warrior pose (Virabhadrasana) - This pose will help you attain long, lean, toned arms and legs by stretching hips, inner thighs, chest. It strengthens quadriceps, abdomen, shoulders and builds a firmer core.
5) Boat pose (Naukasan) - If you want to strengthen your core and quadriceps, this pose will give you maximum results.
6) Tree pose (Vrikshasana) - The tree pose stretches hips, inner thighs, legs, spine, core. It also helps you stay calm and attain positive frame of mind.
7) Child’s pose (Balasana) - The pose is great for pelvic region. It opens hips and relieves tightness in the lower back. It stretches hips, quads and back.
8) Bridge pose (Setu Bandhasana) - Bridge pose is excellent for stretching front part of the body. It opens up the chest and ribcage that helps more oxygen to flow in your body. Builds strong hamstrings and glutes.
9) Bow Pose (Dhanurasana) - The bow pose eases menstruation disorders. It is very effective in weight loss, digestion and fixes appetite. Gastrointestinal problems would no longer remain a worry.
10) Garland pose (Malasana) - The pose strengthens pelvic muscles, stretches lower back, groin, hips, ankles. This lower squat pose will help you relieve constipation and cramps.