Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. EktaYour feedback matters!
Hiii doctor. I have a pcod syndrome. I have joined gym for last one week and lost 2 kg weight. Today my menstrual cycle came after two months so my question is that should I continue aerobics and gym in my menstrual cycle or stop and also tell that should I take some home remedy so that I got full flow of bleeding aur let it came natural. please advice.
Kidney failure is happening even to 20-year-old Indians now! 4 Reasons why.
Usually more common in the elderly as a consequence of the chronic kidney disease, kidney failure is now increasingly becoming common amongst 20-somethings in the country.
Mainly because of their unhealthy lifestyle habits, they are falling prey to a disease that normally strikes later on in life.
Kidney failure, also known as renal failure, occurs when the kidneys stop functioning properly, that is, they are unable to filter out waste and toxins efficiently from the body. It is the most severe stage of chronic kidney disease. To ensure that toxins don't build up in the body, treatment usually involves dialysis (process for removing excess fluid and waste from the blood) or kidney transplant, among others. It is said that about 1 million people all over the world are on dialysis or are surviving on transplanted kidneys. The condition is permanent and can occur either very suddenly or slowly over time.
These frightening habits of the young are leading to the rise of the incidence of renal failure:
1. A sedentary lifestyle - A research conducted by the University of Utah School of Medicine suggests that if you spend 80 minutes a day sitting, you see a 20% increase in the risk of developing chronic kidney disease and, in turn, renal failure.Sedentary behaviour can also increase your risk of diabetes, hypertension as well as obesity (causes of chronic kidney disease).India is said to have about 60% of patients who suffer from hypertension and diabetes also suffer from kidney problem.
2. Poor eating habits - Studies suggest that the right diet consisting of fruits legumes, nuts, and whole grains can help in preventing kidney disease.On the other hand, a diet that is high in processed meats; salt and sugar can worsen the vicious cycle of high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and kidney disease. Furthermore, a BMI of over 30 can increase your risk of developing common kidney ailments by two-fold. With the proliferation of fast food outlets and junk food due to lack of time, Indians are increasingly now at a risk.
3. Smoking - Smoking brings about a decrease in blood flow to the kidneys, rendering the organs inefficient. When you smoke, the arteries of your body harden and the blood vessels become narrow, leading to a worsening of conditions like high blood pressure. A study by the John Hopkins University says that smoking can increase your chances of developing kidney disease by about 60%. Many young Indians view smoking as fashionable and some even take it up to 'look cool', to beat stress or just to blend in with their peers.
4. Drinking alcohol - Excessive alcohol consumption can bring about significant changes to the way your kidneys may function. Your kidneys end up becoming less efficient at removing alcohol from the blood due to regular drinking. Additionally, more than 2 drinks a day has been found to significantly increase your risk of high blood pressure, a common cause of kidney disease.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms
I am 3 month pregnant and I dint get loose motion from one month just yesterday once I get motion. please say something wat to do? To get motion.
Due to my scanty periods I was advised to go for: 1: pelvic ultrasound before my periods, 2: OGTT on the second day of periods 3: LH/FSH on the third day of periods, I had my periods on 26/12/2015 exactly 28th day from my last periods as usual. The ultrasound suggests that both ovaries show multiple small follicles arranged peripherally with increased stromal echogenecity. Impression being: polycystic pattern of ovaries. For OGTT three blood samples were taken. First was while fasting then I was given 75gm of glucose, second sample was taken exactly 1 hour later and the last blood sample 1 hour after that. Results are: Fasting: 99.76 mg/dl 1 hr glucose: 156.80 mg/dl 2 hr glucose: 185.83 mg/dl LH: 3.28 mIu/mL FSH: 5.21mIu/ml The tests were advised because the doctor doubted PCOS. I won't be able to visit the doctor as of now. Can you please help me if I have this problem and what is the next step I have to take? And any medicines suggested? For further reference I stand 165 cm tall and weigh 75 kgs. And always get my periods on time. But they are very scanty. Just 2-3 days of cycle.
She's been diabetic from childhood, can she able to give birth to a child? What are the problems she has to face if she can?
My friend is facing few symptoms since last 1 year. She complains about anal itching, pain while urinating and odour vaginal discharge regularly. Can you please help us in finding out what the exact problem is?
My frnd is facing irregular menses mostly getting 2 tyms per year. Age is 27. Why she is facing these problems. And will can she be pregnant in future if she is facing these sort of problems. Plzzz suggest me the answers. Main question is can she be pregnant?
I am 20 years old I dont get my periods regularly my face is darker than my body colour I have vertical lines which runs down from my eyes to side of my mouth line syringomas under my eyes acne and white heads are there on my nose and my face please help me out of this problem really frustrating.
My wife is 30 weeks pregnant. Last two days she told heavy pain whenever baby movement happened. Back pain and stomach pain. Is this normal or ? Last week Dr. Told stomach looks upside. So may be possible early delivery.
1. Pain in just one joint like knee joint. It can be due to osteoarthritis. It is quite common in older people but it can sometimes affect younger people, especially those who are overweight or those who have had serious injuries to the joint in the past.
2. Pain in many joints, most commonly the hands, feet and wrists. It can be due to rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, viral infection that causes arthritis.
The knee joint is particularly vulnerable to damage and pain because it takes the full weight of your body
Sir I have a little doubt first time when I have a sex with my girlfriend she didn't get bleeding. And my question is whether she loosen her virginity before or not because bleeding is not a problem for me while inserts my pennies in her Virginia it's going very easily and it's very loose so that only I have little doubt on this case kindly suggest me in this situation. My problem is not about bleeding why her Virginia is very loose.
A Quick Guide to Geriatric Nutrition
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
1. Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
2. Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
3. Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
4. Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Dieting Vs Fad Dieting: How can you spot the FAD?