Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ekta Bajaj
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ekta BajajYour feedback matters!
I had sex during the periods with the wife is there any complications would arise in future regarding pregnancy I am very to know about this.
Dear Doctor, Pregnancy test is +ve (βHCg 1600 on 1st August, progesterone 12.44 ), it's thru IVF , FET transfer done (3 day 8cells grade 2) on 16th july, LMD 24th June . Have done SONOGRAPHY today 9august result as following:-- GA BY LMP :6.4 WEEKS EDD BY LMP :31/3/17 single intrauterine gestational sac measuring 1 cm corresponding to five weeks without fetal pole in present scan. Ovary, cervix, vagina appears normal. No free fluid seen in cul-de-sac . Advice : review after 2 weeks. I'm worried since no heartbeat found .please guide further , on medication 1.Progynova thrice -(2-2-3) daily 2.Crinone gel - twice 3. susten every 4th day 4. folvite once daily 5.Aspirin 50 mg at bedtime ? Should I stop aspirin as facing too much of acidity also?
I want to delay my periods. Is "Primolut N 5 mg" appropriate medicine for the purpose? If yes then when & how many tablets should I take?
The term short stature describes the height of the person that is significantly below the average height for a person's age, sex, racial group, or family. Growth failure is often confused with short stature. Growth failure that occurs over time eventually results in short stature. By definition, growth failure is a medical condition. However, short stature is often a normal variant.
Short stature may or may not be a sign or symptom caused by a medical condition. Your child's growth must be assessed over a period of time and not just at a single point. Any departure from a prior growth pattern, appropriate for the child's genetic background may signal the appearance of a disease.
Short parents tend to have short children. Children with a family backgroud of short stature does not have any symptoms related to diseases that affect growth. Children with constitutional growth delay do not have any diseases. These children enter puberty later than their peers. However, because they continue to grow for a longer period of time, they catch up to their peers as they reach their adult height, which is normal and comparable to their parents.
Some symptoms may signal a medical condition causing short stature. The following symptoms should be further investigated by your doctor:
- Child has stopped growing or is growing slower than expected (less than 4 cm, or 2 in, each year in the pre-pubertal child of elementary school age)
- Weight loss or gain (more than 5 lbs in a month)
- Poor nutrition/loss of appetite
- Delayed puberty (absent breast development by age 14 or absent menstrual spotting by age 15 for a girl or absent enlargement of the testes by age 14 for a boy); note that the presence or absence of pubic hair is not a reliable sign of pubertal development
What Causes Short Stature?
The three major reasons for short stature are constitutional growth delay, genetics and disease.
Constitutional Growth Delay: Some children simply develop later than others. These children are often referred to as 'late bloomers'. These kids are small for their age and often enter puberty later. However, they'll continue to grow after their friends have stopped. They usually catch up by adulthood.
Genetics: If one or both parents are short, there's a strong possibility that their child will also be short. If there are no underlying medical reasons why either parent is short, their child's short stature may be perfectly healthy.
Disease: A number of diseases may cause unusually short stature. These diseases fall into several categories:
- Endocrine diseases affect hormone production and often height. These include growth hormone deficiency (GHD), hypothyroidism, or low thyroid hormone levels, and Cushing's disease.
- Chronic diseases can also decrease height through their effects on overall health. Examples of chronic disease are heart disease, asthma, inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes, kidney problems, sickle cell anemia, and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- Genetic conditions that affect height include Down syndrome, Turner syndrome, and Williams syndrome.
- Bone and skeletal diseases, such as rickets or achondroplasia, may change stature through their effects on bone growth.
My partners last day of period was yesterday n today we had intercourse. And I have given her I pill. Is Dr. any other medicine that she has to take. N is Dr. any chances of she getting pregnant? We don't want pregnancy now.
My wife is 48 year old and she is not interested in sex since last 8 months What should be the problem with her Please Advise.
Me and my girlfriend have sex without condoms and have it in a very calm way. We both do not have any std's so is there any risk of having one? If we have sex without protection?
5 ways to cultivate self-awareness
1. Create some space for yourself. When you are in a dark room without windows, it is fairly difficult to see things clearly. The space you create for yourself is that crack on the wall where you allow light to come through. Leave yourself some time and space every day – perhaps first thing in the morning or half an hour before sleep when you stay away from the digital distractions and spend some time with yourself, reading, writing, meditating, and connecting with yourself.
2. Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness is the key to self-awareness. Jon kabat-zinn defines mindfulness as “paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgmentally”. Through mindfulness practice, you will be more present with yourself so that you can “be there” to observe what’s going on inside and around you. It is not about sitting cross-legged or suppressing your thoughts. It is about paying attention to your inner state as they arise. You can practice mindfulness at any time you want, through mindful listening, mindful eating or walking.
3. Keep a journal: writing not only helps us process our thoughts but also makes us feel connected and at peace with ourselves. Writing can also create more headspace as you let your thoughts flow out onto paper. Research shows that writing down things we are grateful for or even things we are struggling with helps increase happiness and satisfaction. You can also use the journal to record your inner state. Try this at home –choose a half day on a weekend, pay close attention to your inner world – what you are feeling, what you are saying to yourself, and make a note of what you observe every hour. You may be surprised about what you write down!
4. Practice being a good listener. Listening is not the same as hearing. Listening is about being present and paying attention to other people’s emotions, body movement and language. It is about showing empathy and understanding without constantly evaluating or judging. When you become a good listener, you will also be better at listening to your own inner voice and become the best friend of yourself.
5. Gain different perspectives: ask for feedback. Sometimes we can be too afraid to ask what others think of us – yes sometimes the feedback may be biased or even dishonest but you will be able to differentiate them from real, genuine and balanced feedback as you learn more about yourself and others. Research has shown conducting 360 degree feedback in workplace is a useful tool to improve managers’ self-awareness. We all have blind spots, so it is helpful to gain different perspective to see a fuller picture of ourselves.
Self-awareness, as “arguably the most fundamental issue in psychology, from both a developmental and an evolutionary perspective”, is a rich and complicated subject. As human beings, we may never fully understand ourselves, if there is such a destination. But perhaps it is the journey of exploring, understanding and becoming ourselves that makes life worth living.