Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ekta Bajaj
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ekta BajajYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years women, I missed my period by 4 days. Feeling tired, breast tenderness, legs pain. But period not started. Am I pregnant?
My friend is pregnant now in 6th month. When she gone for scanning in the report the remark is "Echogenic intracardiac focus noted across the right ventricle. We got different opinion from different doctors but we didn't able to understand what is the exact problem. Doctor said nothing serious to worry but we are very curious about this issue. Please let us know your suggestions on this.
Why my periods are delayed by 17 days. please reply. Im. Not sexually active. Taking monsoon tablets. How many days it needs. To gt periods. 19 age.
Hi, I'm 28 weeks pregnant and the recent test report shows that my calcium is 8.7 mg/dL which I believe, is good enough for third trimester. I have been taking 2 calcium tablets (Shelcal-500) daily since the end of first trimester. Now when I mentioned leg cramps (it happens sometimes), my doctor prescribed me Carnisure-500 twice a day and also an additional calcium tablet a day. Are these new additions really necessary, especially when my calcium levels are good? The leg cramps could be due to the Vena Cava also, right? I really don't want to take more medicines if they aren't absolutely necessary? Please advise.
I am. 25 years old female having pCOD from last 3 years. Earlier I have irregular cycles but now my cycles are regular I recently have my hormone tests that too are normal but tge testosterone level is on the higher side.
Me and my wife is doing sex without protection for a baby and following monthly cycle period too But not able to conceive a pregnancy please guide us in this matter.
Binge drinking is a problem that has been noticed nowadays in many teenagers and youngsters. Whether it is at an event or a party, drinking high doses of alcohol in one sitting is known as binge drinking.
Binge Drinking in Women Is Different from Men
Binge drinking for men is the consumption of more than five alcoholic beverages in one sitting. But the case is different for women. For women binge drinking is defined as a woman consuming more than four alcoholic beverages in a single sitting. Also, it has been found in a survey that almost 75% of the binge drinkers are college students. Among these, the ratio of men is much higher than women.
What Leads to Binge Drinking?
- Lack of control: One of the most common reasons is, of course, the lack of control. When such a person comes in contact with alcohol, they tend to over drink because they have no control over their drinking.
- The weekend fun: Secondly, another reason is seen in the case of youngsters between the age of 18 years to 35 years. These are youngsters who have a tendency of meeting friends and going out on weekends after the week’s toil. They know that after this weekend they will be able to enjoy their favorite bottle only in the next weekend. Hence, they binge drink.
Results of Binge Drinking
It becomes difficult to check how much alcohol will affect a person, because it depends on various factors, such as height, weight, age and also at times, alcohol tolerance of the person. But of course, there are some common results of binge drinking. Some of such results are:
- Unintended and unprotected sex leading to pregnancy or even STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) in some cases
- Accidents that may lead to severe injuries and even death at times
- Physical or mental assault of others that the person may regret later on.
When Is Help Required?
When the person has a habit of driving after drinking, neglecting family and doing harm to others as well, help is surely needed. Here, short 4-5 sessions with a therapist may help. A regular drinking habit is no doubt a reason to worry. But binge drinking is another reason that can lead to bigger problems and hence, needs to be examined closely too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Both men and women can suffer from sexual dysfunction which in common man’s speak is a problem that prevents you from experiencing sexual satisfaction. If you are experiencing sexual dysfunction in any part of the sexual response cycle which traditionally includes excitement, plateau, orgasm, and resolution, you are not alone. Research suggests that 43 percent of women and 31 percent of men report some degree of sexual dysfunction or difficulty.
It also remains a topic that many people are hesitant to discuss and resolve worldwide. Read on to know more on sexual dysfunction so that you can understand it and seek treatment for it because treatment options are available and extremely helpful.
Types of sexual dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction is classified into four categories:
- Desire disorders: This is a generalized lack of sexual desire or interest in sex
- Arousal disorders: Inability to become physically aroused during sexual activity
- Orgasm disorders: A delay or absence of orgasm
- Pain disorders: Pain during intercourse
Symptoms of sexual dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction - An inability to achieve or maintain an erection for penetrative sexual intercourse
- Retarded ejaculation - An absent or delayed ejaculation despite sexual stimulation
- Early or premature ejaculation - Inability to control ejaculation
- Inadequate vaginal lubrication before or during sex
- Inability to relax the vaginal muscles for sexual intercourse to happen
- Lack of interest in or desire for sex, an inability to become aroused or pain during intercourse are also classified as sexual dysfunction.
Causes of sexual dysfunction
- Physical causes - A number of medical conditions can cause problems with sexual function like diabetes, heart and neurological problems , hormonal imbalances, kidney or liver failure, and alcoholism and drug abuse. Anti depressant use can also affect sexual function.
- Psychological causes - Stress and anxiety, sexual performance anxiety, relationship problems, depression etc. are some of the psychological causes responsible for sexual disorders. Feelings of not being good enough and the effects of a past sexual trauma also come into play.
Diagnosis of sexual dysfunction
The doctor will begin with a history of your symptoms, followed by a physical exam to rule out medical problems.
A major part of diagnosis is psychological. The doctor will evaluate your attitude about sex, as well as other contributing factors like fear, anxiety, past sexual abuse, relationship problems, medications, alcohol or drug abuse, etc. to understand the underlying cause of the problem.
Most types of sexual dysfunction can be treated by addressing the underlying physical or psychological problems. Other common ways to treat sexual dysfunction are:
- By changing a medication which may be casing sexual dysfunction - If you have a sexual dysfunction due to hormone deficiencies, you may benefit from hormone shots, pills, or creams. Men can use Viagra or Cialis for erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow to the penis.
- Mechanical aids - Penile implants or vacuum devices can be used in men to maintain an erection. Vacuum devices are used in women too and so are dilators to help women who have an extremely narrow vaginal opening.
- Sex therapy - Marriage counselors and therapists help couples resolve their relationship issues that may be causing sexual dysfunction.
- Behavioral therapy - This helps you to seek insight into your behaviour which may be causing sexual dysfunction and address it.
- Psychotherapy - This type of therapy can help you resolve prior sexual trauma, feelings of inadequacy, anxiety, fear, or guilt, and poor body image. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife is not pregnant, but she missed her period n now it's 18 days late. What is the solution or medication to solve this problem?
You have to do things that relax and energize you. Go out with friends, pick up a former hobby or a sport you used to like, write if you like.