Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ekta BajajYour feedback matters!
Piercing is a form of body ornamentation. It involves the use of needles to pierce through the skin and attach a piece of jewellery to the skin. The purpose of piercing is to beautify and in case of genital piercing, it comes with the additional perks of sexual stimulation. However, this completely depends on individual preference. In the female genital anatomy, several parts are suitable for piercing. This includes the clitoral hood, the labia and the vulva vestibule.
How piercing should be done?
1. The skin around the area where the piercing is to be done must be cleaned with antiseptic.
2. A topical anaesthetic may be applied to temporarily numb the area to be pierced. This helps to control pain.
3. Any piercing must be carried out by a licensed, well-practised professional.
4. Piercing must be done with the use of new, unused, sterilized needles, which are easily disposable.
5. After-care must be provided immediately after the piercing. This includes the application of medicated healing creams, or an ice pack that relieves the pain of piercing. Typically a piercing should heal completely by the sixth week.
Risks associated with vaginal piercing
1. Wrong technique of piercing can lead to uncontrollable bleeding and wounds.
2. Poor placement of jewellery can cause the piercing to heal very slowly and painfully.
3. Poor sterilization of needles and unhygienic methods can cause severe skin infections and other complications.
4. Tearing of skin or sagging of the clitoral hood, or labia can occur due to the improper weight of the jewellery placed.
5. Spread of genital disease may occur if the piercer does not use gloves or antiseptic during the procedure.
Never opt for a piercing just because your friends are getting it done. A healthy method of getting pierced involves an understanding of your anatomy, skin type, tolerance of certain kinds of metal on your skin and extremely hygienic conditions. It sure is fashionable and may appeal to people with a different sense of aesthetics, but you must never ignore the risks. Do a thorough background check of the piercer you would like to visit and the possible after care products that you can use. It would also help to quickly get a check up done by a doctor before going ahead with the piercing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
On 18 april, it was just a rub of penis above vagina and my vagina was cover with my underwear and my partner was nude sperm drops also came. After this few drop of blood came through the urine and the period came after 6 hour as scheduled on 18 april. I am having mild pain in my abdomen, waist and back. Irritation in vagina and sometimes mild pain in it. What is it? And why these areoccurring? How to get rid of it? Please explain every things in detail. And now I am finding a small muscle in the opening of vagina today on 16th may and hole has been completelyblocked. And vagina is completely dry. What is it?
My friend inserted finger with sperm touched inside his gf vagina. Did not had sex but would that touch of finger make girl pregnant. He put finger deeply inside.
Being a virgin is a very relative term. While for some it may mean having penetrative sex (which would entail the hymen being torn) and for others it might be when you have been physically intimate with another man, even without having sex. Whatever the criteria, know that your husband may never know if you have had sex before — unless of course, you tell him.
This is because a woman’s hymen is a very delicate tissue that covers the opening of the vagina. While for some women it completely covers the opening of the mouth of the vagina, in some it may partially cover it and in others it may be absent. Apart from that, the hymen may also tear due to activities like running, swimming, cycling, certain stretching exercises and in some cases, even walking fast. You may also like to read about virginity tests for women– are they accurate?
Also, if you bleeding the first time you have sex is his indicator of your virginity, know that it is not necessary that it’ll happen with everyone. Some women don’t bleed. You may also like to read — do all virgins bleed the first time they have sex?
So, do not worry on that front.
As for the hymen repair options. There is a procedure where a surgeon can stitch a hymen back in place over our vagina. Known as a hymenoplasty, this procedure takes a day to perform and you will need a significant amount of time to recover.