Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Dutta RayYour feedback matters!
I am a female. I am 18 years old. I do not feel excited after watching porn. I like guys but I do not feel the urge to have sex. Is it normal?
Hi. My mom is suffering from body pain since last 8 to 10 years. She feels pain in joints. We consulted to many doctors but no improvements. Her hand and foot swells many times.
I am always thinking lot without any reason so please suggest me anything so that I stop thinking lot and concentrate on my work.
I am get emotionally attached to every person I am in contact. It hurts me a lot when they don't talk to me. How can I develop emotional maturity.
Hello doctor. I have been married since 5 years. I like my husband very much n he likes me. But we have till date not consummated. He avoids me always since the day of our marriage. I feel too depressed n avoided. He tells he likes me but never accept me n not tell me the reason also. Please help me wat should I do.
I have an anxiety issue and OCD and not able to have a sound sleep. Have a regret feeling that I haven't achieved what I should have due to this OCD thing. When I have a good sleep then I am able to control my OCD but when I do not have a good sleep then the situation gets out of my control. Pls help me to have a good night sleep.
I always a fear of die. I think it's like anxiety suffering from 1 year. Always I feel my heart will stop beating and I will die.
Hi .I'm feeling depressed so much of thinking that if I die tmrw den wt will happen n I'm veering feared ?plzz help me.
I'm taking medicine for last 16 month. But till my mind is not running i'm very dissappointed with this. Cause it reflects on my studies & relationship with others familly member! when I go to my college I always read this sentence in riksha or turck" jo baka takeef to rehvani" why my mind is nt running? doctor say my mind is slow down so pleasePlease help me.
Sometimes I fell very much depressed and cry for no reason and sometimes very happy. Why is it happening.
Hi Doctors I have the habit of drinking alcohol everyday , now I am going to take hair fall tablets for sometime . Is it OK if I drink and take tablets. Will it affect my medication .
Sir, I'm 19 years old young. My consultation is that I'm getting into the unconscious state. I am forgetting answer that I studied for exam. Often I blurt within me. My thoughts get distracted every seconds. Even I don't know whether this is a problem or not. Is there any solution?
I can't relax during speaking. Many ideas come at same time and I am disabled to manage them. Then I get stammering. Can I get rid from it?
The use of Antidepressants for OCD started at the age of 12 yrs of lower dose required to be increased because of body becomes use to after some time and need increased doses?
am 26 yrs old female I am feeling like crying without any reason sometimes I feel very lonely but I am staying with my family I do not know what happened to me since 4, 5 months I am not feeling well cant able to sleep.
Depression can wreak havoc in anyone’s life. It not only brings relentless hopelessness, but can also alter the life of a person. The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) reveals that more than 7% of young adults suffer from depression without their knowledge.
The cardinal symptoms of depression include feeling sad or disinterested in his or her surroundings for most of the time during the day. This may happen with or without nay stressor. Depression is also characterised by changes in day to day routines like having lack of sleep or more sleep, loss of appetite or eating more than needed, not getting happiness of previously pleasurable activities, getting annoyed and irritated easily, having abrupt mood swings, having feelings of helplessness, hopelessness, worthlessness, having death wishes and ideas for committing suicide etc.
If a person deals with the below mentioned symptoms for more than once a week, it is wise to visit a psychiatrist in order to treat it.
- Eating irregularities: Loss of appetite is very common in those suffering from depression. A person might find himself withdrawn most of the time. This results in loss of interest in cooking or eating. Too many negative thoughts can curb hunger, resulting in weakness. On the other hand, depression can also lead to overeating. Affinity towards caffeine, chocolates, and ice cream dramatically increases. Studies have shown that these food items can give a soothing feeling. This being said, they are also responsible for weight gain in a person in a very short span of time.
- Sleeping irregularities: A depressed person might find himself sleeping too much or too little. The disengagement from daily lives and sudden energy drop makes a person fatigued for the better half of the day, resulting in more sleep. This also serves as an escape mechanism for many. There is also the other lot who can hardly sleep due to depression. Irrational thinking and a sense of vengeance can cause this problem. This is a far worse problem. Lack of minimum amount of sleep can disturb the body’s internal clock, resulting in fatigue and tiredness.
- Frequent agitation: If your friends complain of frequent snapping and agitation from your end, you might be suffering from depression. A load of heavy emotion results into frequent mood swings and force a person to behave irrationally. The sense of understanding and empathy tends to take a back seat and gets replaced by irritation and pain during this phase. A person can find himself on the edge with small and little things.
- Challenge in concentrating: Forgetting a deadline or losing focus in work is a common tendency witnessed if faced with depression. Concentrating on a job becomes a major challenge. Since the mind is preoccupied with negative thoughts, a person portrays risky behaviour and poor decision-making. Reiteration of the same thoughts can make concentration extremely challenging for a person suffering from depression.
- Hard to enjoy a hobby: If a person finds it difficult to enjoy things he previously loved doing, he might be suffering from depression. Depression makes it difficult for a person to seek pleasure in fun activities. It creates a vicious cycle of despair and loneliness. Isolation from any company is what a patient of depression longs for. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a and ask a free question.