Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Sir meri Bhabi ko left kidney me stone he 8 mm ka or right kidney me 4 mm ka stone he sir please help me.
In kidney transplantation whether the damaged kidney is removed or not? And where is the new kidney situated in this procedure of kidney transplantation?
Please provide me the list of food to be taken to reduce creatinine level and list of food to avoid to reduce creatinine level.
My son age is 3.5 years old. he has hard stool 4/5 times daily in cloth he wearing and urinate at night on bed and don't want to eat food. Like chocolate & kurkure. recommend some medicine.
Hello, I have doubt. There many peoples telling excess use of tomato will increase the chance of kidney stone. Is it correct?
Hi, I am 52 years Indian male based in Saudi Arabia, very healthy except some extra weight about 123Kg. Height 5.8 inches. No blood pressure, no cholesterol, no sugar, no heart or kidney diseases. Since few days I feel like passing my urine every half an hour or 40 minutes, I don't feel thirst, there is no sweat discharge from my body as a sign of sugar, then what it could be?
I have noticed small blood vessels in my eyes, what should I do. I am 22 year old, and I have wearing contacts for more than 3 year. I dnt wear any glasses but I noticed small blood vessels in my eye. It's not to the point where I look stoned, but it brothers me and I dnt want it to get worst. Thanks.
Hi As previously I have ask that my father have go through a operation of stone and structure in urinal panel and they become absolute right but after 20 days when they remove the urinal pipe, the infection takes place where TLC is 12000 cells and the doctor described injection mag ex (Pfizer) but the patient can't bear and become ill 3 times after taking injection and after that we consult doctor and they prescribed new injection whose full description is- Inj cilanem (sun pharma) 500mg iv in 100 ml normal saline to be started 8 hrly. Stop magnex. So kindly reply fast and told me that whether this dose is right for somewhat infected person. Somebody tells that this dose is for ventilator person. Kindly help.
WHAT is overactive bladder , will it causes frequent urination in males at age of 25 please tell symptoms and reason s for over activeness.
My father was ill for more than a week. The fever went upto 105 .now though my father has recovered but the ultra sound reveals some urine remains in the bladder which is creating infection. Now my father is getting very lethargic. He is complain of weakness and prefers to sleep day and night. He is also suffering from alzemeir. Pl advice.
I have a 4.4 mm kidney stone in right side. Having a little pain on back side time to time. Also pain on right side of abdomen, west and leg. I have another problem of acidity, fatty lever observed in sonography. Request to suggest me to dissolve this stone and how to reduce fat on lever. Urine flow and color is normal. Drinking more than 4 liter water in a day.
A kidney stone may not be as big as the stones in your garden, but can be quite a pain. Kidney stones are actually mineral crystals that are usually a combination of calcium and phosphates. The size of a kidney stone ranges from the size of a sugar crystal to a ping pong ball.
Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
- Pain relievers - There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Drinking water - Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Medical therapy - In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Surgical removal of kidney stones Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Using sound waves to break up stones In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.